Did school prepare you for life?

School? You mean, indoctrination centre?!
The only thing it tries to do is give you just enough education to be a good tax paying member of society, that isn’t smart enough to question why. And whilst you’re at it, Respect authority, don’t stick your neck out, stay quiet and get on with your job so the government can rob you blind and keep you in indebted servitude until you die.

I’m going to the garage to swallow my shot gun.

So, imagine no schools, just being taught by your parents or other humans. I bet we would still be like basic human, gathering foraging and dying at 30 years old.
School taught me how to read better, how to do math I need for my job, how to interact with other people, how to be punctual. And the list goes on.
It only gives you the basics you need in life to survive. Imagine if you never went to school? Of course a lot of life experience is learned afterwards, but you can’t build a house without a foundation.
Now did I need to be at the top percentage to do what I do for a living. No. But I could have also done another job that would have likely paid me better for my time. I gave a family member who is a geologist, many years of school, he writes a report and makes $100,000. He laughed about it over beer at his house one night. I bet school helped him in life, lol.

School? You mean, indoctrination centre?!
The only thing it tries to do is give you just enough education to be a good tax paying member of society, that isn’t smart enough to question why. And whilst you’re at it, Respect authority, don’t stick your neck out, stay quiet and get on with your job so the government can rob you blind and keep you in indebted servitude until you die.

🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑

I was out on my own at 17, dropped out of school to work and put roof over my head I dont really think anyone can prepare for life to many unsuspecting situation occur in one's life. I've been faking it till I make it and still going strong.

I was out on my own at 17, dropped out of school to work and put roof over my head I dont really think anyone can prepare for life to many unsuspecting situation occur in one's life. I've been faking it till I make it and still going strong.

You know it’s funny. I tell the kids at work to fake it all the time. I tell them stories about when I first started and I didn’t really know what the hell I was doing and just faked it until,I figured it out.
The key is to not let the customer know you are faking it, lol.

So we can agree the forum is real life? Then those of you that posted coherent thoughts with correct spelling learned those things at school. Therefore school prepared you for life, not all of life but some of it ;)

yes for sure school contributed greatly to where I am today. However some of the important life skills are not taught. Teach say in high school about what you need to do in order to retire and have a decent income. How to do taxes and balance your budget. life skills some learn well and others struggle with all their life.

IMO much of what is learned in school is not in the class room. Sports team teach them about team work, politics, adversity, and life is not always fair. Socializing at school also teaches them about relationships, interpersonal skills etc. For those reasons I’m against homeschooling because in the class room you learn SOME hard skills but during the extra curricular time you learn the much needed soft skills that form part of your emotional intelligence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highschool was a joke for me. I skipped most of it and went skateboarding, dirt biking, etc. I got assignments from friends, and I always studied and wrote my exams and did well. Public school and nobody ever contacted my parents about it, go figure. Highschool taught me how to play the system.

I did not go to University as I knew Id just slack off again and get nothing educational out of it. Instead I studied some robotics and then business at a Tech school where they actually worked me to the bone. I got a lot out of that!

Waldorf and Montessori school system
are made on resilience, community, nature, art, music & cooperation

the curicullum is impressive

Reactions: PdH