Did I have the Corona Virus?

Goldenrod

Staff member
short story - I work in new industry where new immigrants are in our offices everyday. The largest group come from China for the PNP program - we have to ask people's experience and where in my industry and many said they just arrived from China.
Back in late October I got a "cold" which quickly turned into a nasty chest infection, non stop coughing, fever and body aches. They thought it was the flu with a chest infection and I was having issues breathing using my rescue inhaler more than the prescribed amount. I was put in an antiviral and antibiotic and did not get better. I never take time off work but I couldn't sleep, even with codeine for cough, because I would wake up coughing liquid out of my lungs.
Back to the doctor and was prescribed prednisone and another antibiotic which did little to nothing. I gave it another week an back to the doctor and was sent for a chest x-ray which showed I had pneumonia. Off to the docs and this time I found it off she had a mask on and prescribed more prednisone and avalox - a strong antibiotic and was told to go the Er if I could not breath.
This virus and coughing lasted to Christmas and I slowly got better.
I was chatting with @Bigtuna84 at the time and he asked me if they tested me for the Corona virus but it wasn't suspected as it started a little earlier before China got hit.
I had every symptom and I'm not saying I had it but due to being so sick I was isolated at home for two weeks just because I couldn't work as I lost my voice from coughing. I would walk from my downstairs to upstairs and need my puffer as I would be so out of breath. Anyway - I thought I would share this as it was coincidental and bad but I got through it.
Just thinking last night when chatting with Mr. Tuna did I have it? Don't know.
Food for thought. Wife did get it from me too and she coughed for three weeks but wasn't as bad as me and didn't get pneumonia.
Hope everyone is healthy.
take care,
GR

Attach files

Attachments

• 1585134185653.gif
    1585134185653.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 15
short story - I work in new industry where new immigrants are in our offices everyday. The largest group come from China for the PNP program - we have to ask people's experience and where in my industry and many said they just arrived from China.
Back in late October I got a "cold" which quickly turned into a nasty chest infection, non stop coughing, fever and body aches. They thought it was the flu with a chest infection and I was having issues breathing using my rescue inhaler more than the prescribed amount. I was put in an antiviral and antibiotic and did not get better. I never take time off work but I couldn't sleep, even with codeine for cough, because I would wake up coughing liquid out of my lungs.
Back to the doctor and was prescribed prednisone and another antibiotic which did little to nothing. I gave it another week an back to the doctor and was sent for a chest x-ray which showed I had pneumonia. Off to the docs and this time I found it off she had a mask on and prescribed more prednisone and avalox - a strong antibiotic and was told to go the Er if I could not breath.
I was chatting with @Bigtuna84 at the time and he asked me if they tested me for the Corona virus but it wasn't suspected as it started a little earlier before China got hit.
I had every symptom and I'm not saying I had it but due to being so sick I was isolated at home for two weeks just because I couldn't work as I lost my voice from coughing. I would walk from my downstairs to upstairs and need my puffer as I would be so out of breath. Anyway - I thought I would share this as it was coincidental and bad but I got through it.
Food for thought. Wife did get it from me too and she coughed for three weeks but wasn't as bad as me and didn't get pneumonia.
take care,
GR

It would seem that you had it or one like it. thank god you had medical care and got better

It would seem that you had it or one like it. thank god you had medical care and got better
ah men brother - It was the worst flu/cold I ever had and lasted over a month. The doctor could not figure out why I wasn't getting better. Prednisone is a nasty drug when taken long term but for short durations it is a life safer and did help me breath with two puffers.
thanks for you comments.
GR

ah men brother - It was the worst flu/cold I ever had and lasted over a month. The doctor could not figure out why I wasn't getting better. Prednisone is a nasty drug when taken long term but for short durations it is a life safer and did help me breath with two puffers.
thanks for you comments.
GR

I had the bird flu once. it was nasty like you described.

take care,
GR

Attach files
Interesting, I also had a bad flu which turned into Pneumonia back in october to december. all the same symptoms also, and have wondered the same thing myself. And I know of a couple others as well.

well as been said a lot of ppl get it and not even know it, or not know the difference b/w standard seasonal illnesses, which is hopefully what wll happen here. I've had brutal cough sick set in before part of which I believe is cause I trained during the onset...big mistake when what's a few week to get better in the grand scheme of time

Clearly you were Canada's patient zero....
not sure if your being serious but considering all the visits to the doctor, you would think they might test or mention. I posted this on CJM and many others had this back in October too and it was hard to shake. I would like to get tested to see if by chance I did have it, but the doctors office is the last place you want to be right now.
GR

not sure if your being serious but considering all the visits to the doctor, you would think they might test or mention. I posted this on CJM and many others had this back in October too and it was hard to shake. I would like to get tested to see if by chance I did have it, but the doctors office is the last place you want to be right now.
GR

If we look at the patterns of Covid 19, it wasn't around in October. Therefore no Doc would have an inkling to test for it. One thing to ponder is where did your Chinese clients originate from and did any of them subsequently get ill? It doesn't fit the distribution of when it hit Canada. I think you had the flu, which is nothing to take lightly.

If we look at the patterns of Covid 19, it wasn't around in October. Therefore no Doc would have an inkling to test for it. One thing to ponder is where did your Chinese clients originate from and did any of them subsequently get ill? It doesn't fit the distribution of when it hit Canada. I think you had the flu, which is nothing to take lightly.
when bigtuna84 asked me why I wasn't tested, I said the same thing but when I was still ill at X-mas I thought she might test. Either way - it is done and I feel better.

thanks for you comments.
GR
Hey brother. I had everything exactly as you mentioned. got mine in late December after returning from Hawaii planes and airports. Docs said Pneumonia, but it was different than Pneumonia I had before a few times.
My wife then got it from me.
It was brutal, Sick, hot, cold Night sweats etc.
We were talking the other day and our symptoms were very much like covids.
My wife had everything as I did, but she didn't get Pneumonia.

Hey brother. I had everything exactly as you mentioned. got mine in late December after returning from Hawaii planes and airports. Docs said Pneumonia, but it was different than Pneumonia I had before a few times.
My wife then got it from me.
It was brutal, Sick, hot, cold Night sweats etc.
We were talking the other day and our symptoms were very much like covids.
My wife had everything as I did, but she didn't get Pneumonia.
glad your doing ok now!

glad your doing ok now!
Thanks brother, Take care of yourself. If we do get it We may be more prone to a larger impact due to pre existing issues. I believe Taureau and a few others are in a similar situation.
Stay safe.

Check this out @Goldenrod
thanks @Bagua. I would like to think if I had it, it didn't weaken me for a second wave but I have antibodies and are somewhat immune if I had it. Like I said, I posted this on CJM and some people said they had the exact same thing. Very interesting

thanks @Bagua. I would like to think if I had it, it didn't weaken me for a second wave but I have antibodies and are somewhat immune if I had it. Like I said, I posted this on CJM and some people said they had the exact same thing. Very interesting

Google herald waves of influenza.