Did i get the right blood work test from the doctor ?

Greytop15

Looking to start my first cycle so went to a walk in clinic to get blood work done. When I sit down with the doctor I mention some low T symptoms and he asks some question about my life style drinking, drugs etc. All good right.

Well that's where things get annoying I mention I smoke weed occasionally and don't drink no big deal legal anyways. Well this clown goes on for 15 minutes how smoking weed is like pouring acid on your brain. I had to push pretty hard to get a rec form for blood work also didn't mention my plans to cycle cause this guy clearly has something up his ass and would hassle me some more.

Sorry for the long rant I wanted know if I got all the right tests on my rec form for the blood work.

Attachments

• 20210327_174014.jpg
    20210327_174014.jpg
    1,006.1 KB · Views: 29
Everything on the form is in the picture I included so I guess not.

I live up north in the territories so not many options for doctors.

Should I go back to the clinic and ask for him to include hormone test. From my encounter with him today it's not likely seems to be super religious (I don't mind religious people just don't know how to deal with him or his mindset) any advice on how to maybe approach him. I'm 26 yr 5'11 192 lbs if that matters.

Everything on the form is in the picture I included so I guess not.

I live up north in the territories so not many options for doctors.

Should I go back to the clinic and ask for him to include hormone test. From my encounter with him today it's not likely seems to be super religious (I don't mind religious people just don't know how to deal with him or his mindset) any advice on how to maybe approach him. I'm 26 yr 5'11 192 lbs if that matters.
You need everything you got plus.
Thyroid full panel tsh plus these
Ft3
Ft4 these too are a must.dot let him tell you no.

Testosterone
Free testosterone
Shbg
Estrogen
Progesterone
Prolactin
Pregnenolone
Dhea
B12
Magnesium
Serum zinc
Egfr - kidneys
cystatin c checks how good kidneys are filtering.
Iron plus ferritin
Tibc
Uibc
Trans sat

This is my important list of the top of my head im probably missing a few but you most definitely should add these.

Tell him ur young and youve never done a complete blood work and its important to you.

If he is religious just tell him jesus told you to do it.

Last edited:
Nothing in your posted bloodwork addresses (or checks for) a low T condition. The posted bloodwork is just basic hematology (electrolytes, kidney/liver function etc.) that does need to be taken first, as a benchmark, before looking into hormone/endocrine issues. I'm assuming you're in your 20's. It sucks, but you're going to need more bloodwork done, over a few months/years. Took me a decade to get taken seriously.

If you suspect low T, you need to ask for an extended (full) male AND female hormone panel (ask for this verbatim). This will show immediate Testosterone and estrogen values (ng/dl), and (importantly) unbound/free testosterone if the right panel is taken (Hormones change by the minute, though, which is why this can be a long process of bloodwork over years...) If you're anywhere near the low end of the ng/dl ratio for T or free T, ask for a referral to an endocrinologist for proper androgen deficiency diagnosis.

tl;DR Your doctor gave you basic bloods. Nothing more, but still, due diligence. Time to stand up for your concerns. If my assumptions are correct, it sucks to be brushed off like this, but there's worth in taking benchmark bloods, and pursuing your concerns further.

Last edited:
Looking to start my first cycle so went to a walk in clinic to get blood work done. When I sit down with the doctor I mention some low T symptoms and he asks some question about my life style drinking, drugs etc. All good right.

Well that's where things get annoying I mention I smoke weed occasionally and don't drink no big deal legal anyways. Well this clown goes on for 15 minutes how smoking weed is like pouring acid on your brain. I had to push pretty hard to get a rec form for blood work also didn't mention my plans to cycle cause this guy clearly has something up his ass and would hassle me some more.

Sorry for the long rant I wanted know if I got all the right tests on my rec form for the blood work.

It be nice to have but I would not worry about hormones if the dr is not cooperating

The top 5 things that can go wrong you have covered: lipids, CBC (hemoglobin, haematocrit and platelets), PSA and iron (ferritin), creatinine (kidneys)

If you have a baseline in these, if you choose to use anabolic‘s or just testosterone you can monitor the impact on your health.

I won’t go into detail explaining what causes to go out of range. There’s lots of information you could research on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It be nice to have but I would not worry about hormones if the dr is not cooperating

The top 5 things that can go wrong you have covered: lipids, CBC (hemoglobin, haematocrit and platelets), PSA and iron (ferritin), creatinine (kidneys)

If you have a baseline in these, if you choose to use anabolic‘s or just testosterone you can monitor the impact on your health.

I won’t go into detail explaining what causes to go out of range. There’s lots of information you could research on that

I agree with this, when I decided to go on self prescribed trt I was more worried about my bloods that were directly related to heart/organ health, getting the hormone panel was a bonus. I do have some prolactin issues which I knew about prior to trt that my doctor is dealing with.

I do not think anyone should jump on cycles, without baselines on all your hormones, otherwise how will you no down the rd if you were low, or deficaite in any of these hormones after your cycle or cycles.

Some people may not get there hormones back in check after cycles, this depends on them and there pct .

Knowing before hand is better then guessing later when its too late.

I do not think anyone should jump on cycles, without baselines on all your hormones, otherwise how will you no down the rd if you were low, or deficaite in any of these hormones after your cycle or cycles.

Some people may not get there hormones back in check after cycles, this depends on them and there pct .

Knowing before hand is better then guessing later when its too late.

I don’t disagree with what you say but if someone is intent on doing a cycle i would rather they monitor the high risk factors than nothing.

Hypothetically speaking if ones creatine levels were very high and CK l(muscle enzyme) were overly high as well . Or any of the mention tests were high you should bring those down first before touching anything trust me I’m paying for it now as we speak

Lol everyone needs an anti(Insert something that isn't their business.)