Deload / Recharge stratagy?

Grey Beard

Trusted Member
Hi all,

Looking for some tips or advice on training while giving my body a chance fully recover.

I intend to do this while on holidays for the next 4 weeks.

So thinking of taking the next 5 days off entirely. Aftet that for 3 week focusing on higher reps to get high blood flow to the muscle, and focus on mobility flexibility excercise. Prob a full body 3x week with cardio and mobility drills on non weight days.

Anyone have a specific routine or strat that has worked for them in the past?

Also I am on the tail end of my trt + cycle.
I plan to continue using 125mg test e, 150mg primo and 50mg NPP during this time, and then taper down to just a test dose of 100mg when I get home.....

Any input from you all is appreciated.

GB

I usually take an entire week off after about 3 weeks of training. I follow an HIT train to failure type system so the CNS takes a huge hit. If i were to take a couple of weeks off i would just do the same workouts just as heavy and skip going to failure, it lets the CNS take a break and the muscles still get stimulated.

This one ain't free but I think it works wonders for both the mental and physical good.

Take that 5 days off, personally I think you could go to 10 without any issue, but do "active recovery", at least a 20 min walk and a light dynamic stretch every day. During that time go for about 2-4 massages. Leave a couple days between. For 4 sessions - Day 1 "Full body 90 minute (or more)Full body Relaxation massage", Day 3, 7 and 10 "Full body deep tissue massage", hit yer problem areas hard. Day 10 or 12 could be another relaxation session as well.

This one ain't free but I think it works wonders for both the mental and physical good.

Take that 5 days off, personally I think you could go to 10 without any issue, but do "active recovery", at least a 20 min walk and a light dynamic stretch every day. During that time go for about 2-4 massages. Leave a couple days between. For 4 sessions - Day 1 "Full body 90 minute (or more)Full body Relaxation massage", Day 3, 7 and 10 "Full body deep tissue massage", hit yer problem areas hard. Day 10 or 12 could be another relaxation session as well.
Just got home from a massage. Not sure if I will be able to get any while out of town, but will try.....

There are lots of massage parlors, around the world.;)

BTW when I trained hard I took off, a week after almost all my shows.
Yes a regular massage wont be an issue, an RMT for deep tissue can be harder to get appointment quickly.

I have always found it difficult to convince myself to take time off from lifting......
I am sure I could have had much better progress over the years if I had just back off at times....

I deload every 4th week pretty much just do my warm up sets for all my main.movements than cut the volume down by 30-50% on all my accessory work

So if bodybuilding you could drop intensity down or volume, since doing hit dropping the intensity may work well like you said get in there get the blood flowing and call it a day

A good week off is all the body needs though keeping up with some cardio and MO ility work,

I’m twenty years I have never delaoded . That’s just me though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk