Darkweb help needed

people aren’t exactly on the dark web for the most pure of reasons. If you are not absolutely careful with everything you do, they can easily find out pretty well everything about you in the matter of seconds. You need to have a very good understanding and the strictest security measures. People can, will, and do track everything, from where you are to your identity. It’s not really something to browse on for fun. Even if you are just scrolling and not actively purchasing or contributing in any way, you are still able to be seen.
Exactly no way would I even consider going on tor from anything in my house.
Doesn't matter how good you are or protected there is always someone better and it doesn't take much for them to get what they want.

Nord claims their servers have never been compromised in real time.They did have a minor breach of some incomplete old data a few months ago.

Exactly no way would I even consider going on tor from anything in my house.
Doesn't matter how good you are or protected there is always someone better and it doesn't take much for them to get what they want.
Either Tails or one of the Virtual Machine setups.Qubes was designed by a Polish lady computer scientist.Women are kind of a rarity in that field.The OS is like tissue paper.If it gets dirty you trash it.Open another.No connection to the physical machine.

I used to frequent silk road and peruse the Dark web as I was a very curious guy.
After only a few days I realized I did not want, nor need to be on there.
I did have an opportunity to buy bit coin to purchase a few items on silk road back in 08 or 09, I sure as hell wish I would have bought bit coin back then as I know I would have bought too much and kept it in my wallet and forgot about it.
I missed out, but have not gone back to dark web since 2010.

I'm not a computer/internet guy... I'm curious about the dark web, but I know I'll never go there lol..

What is the dark web?

What's the difference between internet and dark web?

How do you acess dark web? (I'll never go on.. just curious)

I understnad lots of illegal stuff goes on on the dark web, how come they can do illegal things on the dark web, but not the internet?

I'm not a computer/internet guy... I'm curious about the dark web, but I know I'll never go there lol..

What is the dark web?

I understnad lots of illegal stuff goes on on the dark web, how come they can do illegal things on the dark web, but not the internet?

I have the same questions. Been using computers since Apple 2E and comadore 64, but never got to much into the internet when it all got going.

What is the dark web?

Primarily TOR grants anonymity.There is no index of sites,which is why Reddit is useful as a reference.

Can someone post a few screen shots of the dark web? Not illegal stuff. Just show a web site or two
It looks exactly the same as the normal internet till you go digging. Search engines resemble surface web ones. Visibly the pages don't look different.

As @Cog said, reddit is a good resource in learning how to safely navigate the dark/deep web.

for a few months i've tried to figure out onion and Tor, but no luck.

thanks, CW
super simple. its just a dedicated browser, firefox with tor and other extensions for security and built in limitations.

darkweb is just websites that can only be accessed with browsers with the tor extension.

i havent been on it in over a year but reddit was kind of the gateway to it for safe entrance and links to get started. you wont find sites through search engines.

careful playing around there, it starts at greasy and can get to disgusting and illegal fast. you are smart enough not to install a virus but you dont want to accedently get CP on your computer

id describe the deep web as like the 90s internet full of abandoned or crack pot projects and illegal endevors. its hard to find anything interesting, useful or with a vibrant and active community. maybe im not cool enough to be invited to the cool stuff.

Last edited:
this link has all the reddits that pertain to deep web

this link has all the reddits that pertain to deep web
thank you!

i found a couple of sites, but the captcha to enter those didn't work, and the sites/markets require a registration. I'm not sure if registering is good: it might make it more 'trusted' or bad: it might make it more intrusive into my privacy.

hey, i'm not looking to become a hero. and once i find the piece of information i need then i'll completely delete the entire thing from my computer...but i physically can't get to a location to pick up what i need, so the darknet it will have to be ... it is what it is.

i appreciate your links. i'll check them out right now!

@ClearWater
just create a new deepweb identity beginning with an secure and anonymous email.

@zenmonky i got some help from a dude, and suddenly the process seems simple and streamlined.

after all the help i've given to others in the form of time, gifts, support, a lending ear, and literally helping others with their lives despite my own challenges, others are kinda unwilling to help.

anyhow, thanks, again, for your initial guidance.

and, fwiw, there's actually decent and legit people still out there in the world!

@zenmonky i got some help from a dude, and suddenly the process seems simple and streamlined.

after all the help i've given to others in the form of time, gifts, support, a lending ear, and literally helping others with their lives despite my own challenges, others are kinda unwilling to help.

anyhow, thanks, again, for your initial guidance.

and, fwiw, there's actually decent and legit people still out there in the world!

i think the resistance the is implications that any effort to access deepweb is the intention to do something illegal or gross and people just want to keep their hand clean of it.

Anyone actually try one of those prepaid credit cards from the market place vendors? Seems too good to be true like most things.