Daily water intake..?

This is scary reading some of this post! All I drink is water pretty much, 2 cups of coffee in the morning, tea, lactate milk and sometimes Powerade. I don’t touch sugar drinks like sodas and if I do drink juice it has to be natural with no sugar added.

When in this heat it is a good idea to add a bit of salt to compensate for salt loss whilst sweating.
I take in a couple grams per day of extra salt over the regular amount i take in with my drink concoction.
Keep electrolytes up, potassium, magnesium and salt. This is what transports water into your cellular system and organs etc.

Water intoxication is definitely real, i have seen several folks get quite ill when working construction outside back in the day.

I drink about 3/4 litre when i wake up. i then drink when thirsty, my urine is always fairly clear, just a tinge of yellow, if it darkens a tad i immediately drink 500-750 ml of water.
I mix my first water of the day with lemon juice from 1-2 lemons. In winter i drink it warm with honey added in. Lemon water has a slight flushing effect which you want when you wake up.
It helps to excrete toxins from recovery time while sleeping and not moving much.

Cold water will get into your system faster. When dehydrated drink cool water.

My wife hates it but all my water is room temperature drinking as it enters in a controlled fashion. I have always done this since a kid.
She keeps hers in the fridge....Shudders
Stay away from coffee caffeinated drinks and juices as fruit juice is refined and sugary, obviously stay away from sugar drinks which i believe you probably do already.

If anyone has kidney issues or just wants to draw out excess minerals or to give kidneys a good cleansing and a break....Use distilled water...I drink almost 100percent of my water distilled for many years. I get my minerals etc that spring water carries from my food and supps.

There is a lot of minerals in some well waters and chemicals in city waters that actually tax your system incredibly. Distilled is amazingly refreshing IMHO and clean and toxin free. Just because it is spring water does not mean your body can metabolize all the minerals and anything not metabolized will tax kidneys and bladder etc and can cause issues. Plugging up the small tubes in the kidneys over time.
I get so much bloodwork on many items and i am in great metabollic health, so it is an old myth distilled water is bad.
In fact it is the opposite.

Distilled water being empty will pick up and absorb excess items in your system. It does this very effectively.

If your body senses you have excess water it will excrete it more, when in a deficit it will hold it more.

Good bb contest coaches know this to be very true, same goes for salt...Hence why good coaches can manipulate the water holding as the contest draws near. Its real neat and after i mastered it, looking peeled is much easier.

If I pee and it looks like I'm on tren I drink more water. If its nice and light I'm doing fine.
Thats pretty much how I figure it out.

They told us at work. Working in the heat like this with above 40 humidex we need a cup of water every 20 mins.. seems like alot but its very easy to het heat stroke wearing a mask and fr coveralls. I was close a few days ago. Started getting kinda loopy and couldn't focus. Had to go sit down

If you're not getting sodium, magnesium and potassium with your water then you are going to just wash out your electrolytes especially if you work out intensely. Taurine also is supposed to help with cramps. I drink tons of water while on cycle for my kidney health but not as much otherwise.

I've been watching my urine colour dilengently since starting this post. I deffinitely wasn't getting enough water. We were like 35-38 degree last 4 days or so and I've been in the garage fixing stuff or outside doing shit most of those 4 days. Todya I just finished my 4th litre of water and urine is just slightly yellow.

I am doing full keto/aitkins diet so I add salt, magnesium, potassium.. I start taurine again..

When Iron Addict trained me, he was a huge supporter of taurine.. I took it when I was training back then and not sure how much it helped me in my youth, but seems as I'm in my 40's now it really helps the muscle cramps and tightness.

electrolyte supplements are stupid pricey for what they are. usually a dollar or more for a single serving. i make my own
311 gm light salt, potassium chloride
429 gm baking soda, sodium
155 gm Epsom salt, zinc
75 gm calc carbonate, calcium
science says just salt should do the trick, i just do this for the fuck of it. kinda to thumb my nose to the supplement companies.
it tastes bad. if you want to make it fizz like the commercial brands, just add some lemon or lime juice to it.

I drink 6-8L a day of RO water. I add additional and count all minerals sodium, potassium, magnesium and know exactly what my body requires to maintain adequate hydration. Confirmed it continually with blood work to make sure all my electrolytes are in order and not going hyponatremic as stated.

I find if I drink under 4L I'm literally thirsty alllll the day. Yes I pee every hour and half lol. Usually cut water around 9pm so I'm not up all night.

I really think this is individual basis for each athlete depending on how advanced you are. As I know some elite athletes drinking 9+L with insane excersise and protein and sodium intake so they want to keep those kidneys clear

Best advice I ever got for water intake was a baseline of 4 litres a day, plus drink one litre of water for every 500mg of sodium you eat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My nutritionist advised, take your body weight cut it in half that’s the number of ounces of water you should drink per day +2 cups for every cup of caffeine

For me that works out to just over 3 L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats your body weight and water intake?

I've been feeling a bit run down, sore muscles, crampy muscles last couple days.. Coincidently we are going through a heat wave. Drank an extra litre or 2 and feeling a bit better and more normal.

I'm 245 and I'm guessing I was drinking around 2 to 2.5 litres a day. I know thats not high enough, but my job is such a pain to drink lots of water.. I'm going to try to get to 3.5-4 litres a day this week
I have a couple bottles a day I think electrolytes are equally if not more important. I'm not one of these gallon a day guys I just drink a few bottles mainly around my husk intake to keep it flowing. Stan efferding has some good insights on this

I judge by the color of my pi$$. I do not force myself to drink water. I drink when im thirsty. I aim between 3 to 3.5l per day. Maybe more or less.
This is my way as well, watch your piss. Stan efferding always says drink when your thirsty. I do drink alot more water if i take orals