Daily water intake..?

animal-inside

Trusted Member
Whats your body weight and water intake?

I've been feeling a bit run down, sore muscles, crampy muscles last couple days.. Coincidently we are going through a heat wave. Drank an extra litre or 2 and feeling a bit better and more normal.

I'm 245 and I'm guessing I was drinking around 2 to 2.5 litres a day. I know thats not high enough, but my job is such a pain to drink lots of water.. I'm going to try to get to 3.5-4 litres a day this week

Be careful. There is an upper limit to what you can sustain in drinking fluids without taxing the kidneys. Google.
This is an OK article but you can delve more deeply into nephron damage and fluid intake.

Notice I mentioned fluid intake. We get fluids from so many things. You can go super simple and have a ten-ounce drink of V* 8 before your early meals- breaky and lunch- with 8 ounces of cranberry juice after these two meals. Water at night with your meals. No pop that is dark because it contributes to kidney stones with the increase in phosphoric acid.

Pop is fucking garbage. Once in a long while I’ll have a sprite or a diet something ; but that shits fucking oil

Get the flavoured ones if you have a hard time they help me a lot. I crush like 6-8 a day easy plus other intakes of fluids

About 8 liters a day, i drink i do work 15 hrs a day though then soend an hr doing workouts, so i would think 8 liters wouldn't be that much.

Hear for the lessons though. Didn't know there was a thing of drinking too much water, not sure hiw one coukd figure out how much is too much considering what different people do all day. 8 glasses of water wouldn't do much for me lol

About 8 liters a day, i drink i do work 15 hrs a day though then soend an hr doing workouts, so i would think 8 liters wouldn't be that much.

Hear for the lessons though. Didn't know there was a thing of drinking too much water, not sure hiw one coukd figure out how much is too much considering what different people do all day. 8 glasses of water wouldn't do much for me lol
Google water intoxication and start your journey of differential diagnosis from there. Try hyponatremia.

Google water intoxication and start your journey of differential diagnosis from there. Try hyponatremia.
So basically, keep an eye on your sodium, they were suggesting for some 3 liters a day may be too much.

Such a hard thing to really dial in though, you could drink tons of water on blood draw day and that would effect your electrolyte panel. And kr kidneys egfr? Maybe.

Still very hard thing to dial in, hey i used x amount of water today so i need to drink x amount of water ... i usally use the im water bloated ok i drank too much.

The kidneys thing is intresting though , im curious to know what effect a large amount of water would effect your egfr, as well as your Cycstin c .

Personally my sodium and Potassium are great, a bit high in sodium, i do love salt but iv cut back to Himalayan pink salt. But the water and fluids combined.... must be well over 9 liters a day... thats with the water, the milk , the my green super foods.

In physiology class many years ago, the professor told us of a water drinking competition that was held and a woman died because she drank too much. The prize was a gameboy. I tried to be funny and put my hand up and asked if it was a gameboy colour or the regular one 🤦🏻‍♂️

Our bodies are wise and they tell us when we need to drink with a feeling of thirst. That being said, I always drink two glasses of water when I first get up. Always have - either with fresh squeezed lemon of ACV. Coffee is a must in the AM too because I love the damn stuff.
So many fruits contact a lot of liquid as well.

It makes sense to drink clean water on an ongoing basis during the day to stop dehydration but going overboard and forcing yourself to drink too much liquid doesn't make any sense to me either.

I'm no expert on how much to drink. Some of the books I have on naturopathic medicine say to drink a glass of clean water an hour. I weigh between 220-240 lbs depending on the time of the year and I'm not being a smart ass @animal-inside but I don't count how much I drink. I drink in the morning, always have water when I'm exercising or working outside and sweating but other than that, I drink when I'm thirsty.

Be careful. There is an upper limit to what you can sustain in drinking fluids without taxing the kidneys. Google.
This is an OK article but you can delve more deeply into nephron damage and fluid intake.

Notice I mentioned fluid intake. We get fluids from so many things. You can go super simple and have a ten-ounce drink of V* 8 before your early meals- breaky and lunch- with 8 ounces of cranberry juice after these two meals. Water at night with your meals. No pop that is dark because it contributes to kidney stones with the increase in phosphoric acid.

I'm aware there is an unhealthy amount of too much water. My issue seems to be losing too much through sweat from being outside etc.. My urine has gotten quite dark in this heat wave lol

The only liquids I drink are water, coffee, protien shakes.

So basically, keep an eye on your sodium, they were suggesting for some 3 liters a day may be too much.

Such a hard thing to really dial in though, you could drink tons of water on blood draw day and that would effect your electrolyte panel. And kr kidneys egfr? Maybe.

Still very hard thing to dial in, hey i used x amount of water today so i need to drink x amount of water ... i usally use the im water bloated ok i drank too much.

The kidneys thing is intresting though , im curious to know what effect a large amount of water would effect your egfr, as well as your Cycstin c .

Personally my sodium and Potassium are great, a bit high in sodium, i do love salt but iv cut back to Himalayan pink salt. But the water and fluids combined.... must be well over 9 liters a day... thats with the water, the milk , the my green super foods.

From what I read there is sweet f all difference between himalayam salt and any other.

In physiology class many years ago, the professor told us of a water drinking competition that was held and a woman died because she drank too much. The prize was a gameboy. I tried to be funny and put my hand up and asked if it was a gameboy colour or the regular one 🤦🏻‍♂️

MY father worked at a pscy ward and there was patients who would purposely drink tons of water to get high. Can be fatal

Our bodies are wise and they tell us when we need to drink with a feeling of thirst. That being said, I always drink two glasses of water when I first get up. Always have - either with fresh squeezed lemon of ACV. Coffee is a must in the AM too because I love the damn stuff.
So many fruits contact a lot of liquid as well.

It makes sense to drink clean water on an ongoing basis during the day to stop dehydration but going overboard and forcing yourself to drink too much liquid doesn't make any sense to me either.

I'm no expert on how much to drink. Some of the books I have on naturopathic medicine say to drink a glass of clean water an hour. I weigh between 220-240 lbs depending on the time of the year and I'm not being a smart ass @animal-inside but I don't count how much I drink. I drink in the morning, always have water when I'm exercising or working outside and sweating but other than that, I drink when I'm thirsty.

My issue is when I don't drink enough water over time, I don't get thirsty.. It's weird, but I just don't crave liquids if I my body is thirsty. My urine will be very dark and I get the muscle issues, headaches, tired etc..

When I start forcing myself to drink a litre here and there, over a short period of time I get thirsty again.

My job is awful for being able to stay hydrated. I don't have the time to drink much while working and it's near impossible to take a leak often. Some collegues will piss once a day at work. I try to drink enough to piss once around 10, once at noon and once at 2:30. Any less than that and I know I'm dehydrated.

this is a topic i have spent tons of time reading and talking to doctors about, especially when i trained pro fighters. When you hear of athletes drinking 4 plus litres a day you have to remember their circumstance; many live in climates very different than Canada and they are training intense aerobic activity for multiple training session per day.

I know there are no absolutes and everyone is different but my conclusions are that for the average active person (weights and cardio 4-5 days per week)...not counting the liquids they get from fruits, tea, coffee, etc about 10 glasses per day is plenty. You can tell by your urine. At this level i stay either clear or slightly yellow lemonade colour. timing is also important....it needs to be spaced out evenly. Downing 2 litres between 7 am and 4-5 pm and then drink nothing until bed and while you sleep is not ideal. moderation applies to more than just gear.

this is a topic i have spent tons of time reading and talking to doctors about, especially when i trained pro fighters. When you hear of athletes drinking 4 plus litres a day you have to remember their circumstance; many live in climates very different than Canada and they are training intense aerobic activity for multiple training session per day.

I know there are no absolutes and everyone is different but my conclusions are that for the average active person (weights and cardio 4-5 days per week)...not counting the liquids they get from fruits, tea, coffee, etc about 10 glasses per day is plenty. You can tell by your urine. At this level i stay either clear or slightly yellow lemonade colour. timing is also important....it needs to be spaced out evenly. Downing 2 litres between 7 am and 4-5 pm and then drink nothing until bed and while you sleep is not ideal. moderation applies to more than just gear.

Good points..

Another is 10 glasses needs to be more descriptive. I use a old protien shaker cup whose lid no longer seals as my "glass". Instead of "10 glasses", one should really measure exactly how many mls their glass is.

I think your right in its your urine colour that is probably the best way to determine your hydration level. My dark yellow/orange wasn't good lol..

Another thing I think is worth noting is that you should avoid comsuming a lot of water during or right after a meal. Your stomach acid gets too watered down from dirnking lots of liquids during a meal. And your stomach is essentially a bag with a hole at the top. You never want that bag to be full. This will cause your valve at the top of the bag to be at risk of damage from stomach acid and risk of acid/contects coming up out of the bag. Its better to limit liquid intake during and right after a meal until digestion is well underway. If you get acid reflux this is especially important.

Agree

A glass is a cup which is 250ml. 10 x 250ml

I don’t drink water until 20 minutes after a meal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My issue is when I don't drink enough water over time, I don't get thirsty.. It's weird, but I just don't crave liquids if I my body is thirsty. My urine will be very dark and I get the muscle issues, headaches, tired etc..

When I start forcing myself to drink a litre here and there, over a short period of time I get thirsty again.

My job is awful for being able to stay hydrated. I don't have the time to drink much while working and it's near impossible to take a leak often. Some collegues will piss once a day at work. I try to drink enough to piss once around 10, once at noon and once at 2:30. Any less than that and I know I'm dehydrated.
Follow what your saying and I'm the farthest guy from a water expert but no question you can tell by your urine if you need liquids. I suspect its like food, but that is a guess, better to have smaller amounts more often to keep your body filtering out toxins. When you don't eat for an extended period, your body adjusts and you lose hunger pains so maybe that is how it works but its a 100% guess.