Crossfitters are Strong- Check out Toomey doing a 335 lb squat, Very deep

PGM

Trusted Member
Tia Toomey is amazing the way she crushes all her competitors. She is real strong as well too as you will see with her 335 lb squat. And damn she is not a big girl. Very impressed. What can you expect when you have her genetics and she trains with the best, Mat Fraser.
[GALLERY=media, 54][/GALLERY]

Tia Toomey is amazing the way she crushes all her competitors. She is real strong as well too as you will see with her 335 lb squat. And damn she is not a big girl. Very impressed. What can you expect when you have her genetics and she trains with the best, Mat Fraser.
[GALLERY=media, 54][/GALLERY]

Yep, the strength some of these girls muster up is pretty unbelievable, especially Tia. Those two definitely don’t make it easy for anyone who wants to shoot for the top of the men’s or women’s category.

She strong as bull! I'm surprised she recovered on that - her knees almost touched on the ascent. Seeing as how she was able to correct, I'm sure she could have hit more. Think her set-up was screwed from the beginning? She had a very narrow stance, but I am viewing this on a phone in portrait mode.

She strong as bull! I'm surprised she recovered on that - her knees almost touched on the ascent. Seeing as how she was able to correct, I'm sure she could have hit more. Think her set-up was screwed from the beginning? She had a very narrow stance, but I am viewing this on a phone in portrait mode.
Yah the technique is not great, her knees came together on each lift and she made them all and the closest lift to hers was 315. I twas cool how she could bottom out and bring that weight back up. Honestly how many guys could squat that much that deep, not a lot.

Yep, the strength some of these girls muster up is pretty unbelievable, especially Tia. Those two definitely don’t make it easy for anyone who wants to shoot for the top of the men’s or women’s category.
I agree, Fraser's score, in the 2020 games, was more than double second place and I think Toomey won 7 out of 9 events and was more than a 100 points greater than second place. They are genetic freaks that train to the max., very hard to beat.

I agree, Fraser's score, in the 2020 games, was more than double second place and I think Toomey won 7 out of 9 events and was more than a 100 points greater than second place. They are genetic freaks that train to the max., very hard to beat.

The crazy part being that the competitors that they are crushing behind them are in phenomenal condition as well.

Sometimes form isn’t always on point, but they seem to find a way push through that point in a lift where others would either simply fail or give up.

Reactions: PGM
The crazy part being that the competitors that they are crushing behind them are in phenomenal condition as well.

Sometimes form isn’t always on point, but they seem to find a way push through that point in a lift where others would either simply fail or give up.
But not one of those competitors show glimmers of dominance like these two who were both recruited by Froning. Somebody(ies) needs to step up soon or it just won't be that much fun to watch. I didn't tune in to any CF events this year because it was too predictable if these two were there...kinda like Froning when he was at his prime.

But not one of those competitors show glimmers of dominance like these two who were both recruited by Froning. Somebody(ies) needs to step up soon or it just won't be that much fun to watch. I didn't tune in to any CF events this year because it was too predictable if these two were there...kinda like Froning when he was at his prime.
I think that Haley Adams the 19 year old that ended up in fourth place, who is being trained by Froming, will be the one coming forward. I think she has the drive and the time to really improve where Davidsdottir is declining and the one that came in third place just edged out Adams by a little bit in the final event. I think Toomey is taking a different path in 2021, winter olympics bobsledding for Australia, not sure if she is going to do the CF games if she is training for something else.

If Fraser continues there is no one that even comes close to his level of fitness.

I think that Haley Adams the 19 year old that ended up in fourth place, who is being trained by Froming, will be the one coming forward. I think she has the drive and the time to really improve where Davidsdottir is declining and the one that came in third place just edged out Adams by a little bit in the final event. I think Toomey is taking a different path in 2021, winter olympics bobsledding for Australia, not sure if she is going to do the CF games if she is training for something else.

If Fraser continues there is no one that even comes close to his level of fitness.

Totally agree about Haley, at her age with so much room to develop physically still, she’s clearly got the type of drive it takes to step up.

Yep... as much as I sometimes have a distaste for his subtle arrogance, he’s got a very rare mindset that sets him apart. He doesn’t lose focus, and he doesn’t let his guard down. Despite his arrogance, he’s actually very humble at the same time, I’m not sure I’d like him much on a personal level, but I respect the guy.

The predictability of their dominance does leave something to be desired for staying tuned in on watching the competitions though.

Reactions: PGM