Creatinine and eGFR

WpnAlpha

Trusted Member
Wondering if anyone has their own two cents to put in on this.

Creatinine levels 110 umol /L (reference 60-110)
eGFR 68 (reference >=68)

35 years old, 6’4”, 235 lbs 12-13%bf. Not currently on anything, last cycle was in November.

I’ve read creatine and high protein intake can increase creatinine levels, but I don’t want to take for granted that the kidneys are not to be ignored either. Anyway, I’ll be following up with my doctor, just curious if anyone has knowledge in this area?

Wondering if anyone has their own two cents to put in on this.

Creatinine levels 110 umol /L (reference 60-110)
eGFR 68 (reference >=68)

35 years old, 6’4”, 235 lbs 12-13%bf. Not currently on anything, last cycle was in November.

I’ve read creatine and high protein intake can increase creatinine levels, but I don’t want to take for granted that the kidneys are not to be ignored either. Anyway, I’ll be following up with my doctor, just curious if anyone has knowledge in this area?
Yes, it can and does. The question is does it cause damage to the kidney long-term. Your eGFR is fine.

I always took a couple days off before getting my blood drawn, including supplements.
Really the tests and the ranges are designed for the average person. Not a bodybuilder. So if you keep doing what you do the day before, likeky something will show up amiss.
most people are nit in a constant state of extreme muscle breakdown and rebuilding.

I would test Cystatin c egfr changes so frequently, Cystatin c will show you how well your kidneys are filtering. Its one of the best markers to check.

No heavy insane workouts 10 days before to get accurate reading.

I have tested this, and confirm heavy intense workouts effect your blood labs for liver and kidneys, and ck.

Don't overthink your eGFR if it is above 60. No other tests are needed. eGFR is based on a standard white dude who weighs 155 lbs.
Suggest you listen to @Bagua - he is a pragmatic/intelligent man when it comes to health.
If this is troubling you, see your doctor and have the test redone 2 weeks to a month from the last one but as @Sorbate also said the average person isn't breaking down and rebuilding muscle constantly unless they have a very physical job.

Don't overthink your eGFR if it is above 60. No other tests are needed. eGFR is based on a standard white dude who weighs 155 lbs.
I dont completely agree with this , hear is an example of my labs , with my egfr looking like a teenager and very bad cystatin c, so kidneys are not filtering very well .
PicsArt_06-19-04.02.50.jpgPicsArt_06-19-04.02.18.jpg

So having a good egfr dosn't necessarily mean you shouldn't check other lab markers. Its a good idea to check Cystatin c along with your kidneys for a better picture.

Thanks for the input guys. I’ll be having a follow up with my doctor anyway, he ordered the blood work.

Basically just verifies what I was thinking, not too worried.