Covid stocks

Cheapshot

Trusted Member
Just looking to get a conversation going on what stocks or companies you think will come out of this covid crap ahead. Alot of stocks are really low right now.
Im thinking stuff like airlines and restaurants that are struggling hard. Whats everyone think

Oil and gas took a huge hit too!! alot of places did... I won't even say how much I lost on my stocks.... "cringe"
Online shopping types going through the roof I bet...
All I would say is invest very cautiously and wisely, right now

I'd be hesitiant to invest in any of the bigger companies who are struggling right now...

This crash ain't over yet... Imagine investing in westjet because its awfully low and then losing it all when it goes bankrupt?

The stocks to buy have been bought and now prices for them are high..

wait until the huge inevitable crash... Wait for rock fucking bottom.. It's coming.. Then plan to buy from whats left.

In the mean time, gold and silver are still safe bets right now in my opinion.

I’m not investing in shit. The business manager at the bank keeps pestering me to invest the money I’ve made, but I am hesitant.
Truth be told I’d like to take all my extra money out of the bank. Burry it somewhere before the government thinks they deserve it, lol.

I’m not investing in shit. The business manager at the bank keeps pestering me to invest the money I’ve made, but I am hesitant.
Truth be told I’d like to take all my extra money out of the bank. Burry it somewhere before the government thinks they deserve it, lol.
Actually... my American based stocks have done fantastic... and still on the rise. It's not any in particular fund... just an American portfolio they put together for me. My only investment that's doing well!!

Yup.. don't blame you... Unfortunately we have investments that I wanted to pull out of, but wife wouldn't budge..

Unfortunately, cash isn't good.. cash is probably the worst thing right now.. If you see the writting on the wall, inflation is coming.. Your say 80,000$ in the bank could buy you Truck A right now, but come 3,5,8 years from now, your 80,000$ might buy half of the same truck A..

I'm no expert, and I've been wrong many many many times lol... But you can't print money like its being printed right now and not have inflation if not hyper inflation.

Yeah I'm holding off buying anything till next year.

I sold all my tech stocks and made a great profit on my AMZN stocks. Will likely reinvest in AMZN when it returns to a reasonable price.

Yup.. don't blame you... Unfortunately we have investments that I wanted to pull out of, but wife wouldn't budge..

Unfortunately, cash isn't good.. cash is probably the worst thing right now.. If you see the writting on the wall, inflation is coming.. Your say 80,000$ in the bank could buy you Truck A right now, but come 3,5,8 years from now, your 80,000$ might buy half of the same truck A..

I'm no expert, and I've been wrong many many many times lol... But you can't print money like its being printed right now and not have inflation if not hyper inflation.

Your 100% right hyperinflation will hit at some point.
I tell everyone invest a small amount in silver generic or gold bullion. No Etf's paper investment, only physical bullion.

Just looking to get a conversation going on what stocks or companies you think will come out of this covid crap ahead. Alot of stocks are really low right now.
Im thinking stuff like airlines and restaurants that are struggling hard. Whats everyone think
I have a friend from high school, who I talk wilh all the time that works at air Canada.
His advice is don't buy any air Canada stocks.

It’s always hard to time the market
I’m sitting on a mountain of cash waiting to pounce.

BUT!
This is a big BUT. You have to be in the market to make money. So that being said I don’t think it is a great time to be buying. I still buy dips on some of my favourite stocks consistently. I’m only investing 2-3k a month tops right now. Holding off for better prices. I’m also only buying dividend stocks at the moment.
I fully expect a crash but sometimes it never comes. Consistency and time in the market will usually beat out trying to time the market in the long term.

Trying to time the market perfectly is almost impossible.

At the moment my biggest holdings are in crypto and actual physical metals.

If anyone here really pays attention to financials there are many odd things going on.
House prices climbing...they shouldn’t be, stocks climbing that shouldn’t be.
So ask yourself why???

One reason could be because negative interest rates and inflation are on the way. Investors are scrambling to get out of cash

With big inflation materials will become more expensive so even in a depressed home market the prices could rise because of the cost of materials in new builds could rise significantly

BUT!
This is a big BUT. You have to be in the market to make money. So that being said I don’t think it is a great time to be buying. I still buy dips on some of my favourite stocks consistently. I’m only investing 2-3k a month tops right now. Holding off for better prices. I’m also only buying dividend stocks at the moment.
I fully expect a crash but sometimes it never comes. Consistency and time in the market will usually beat out trying to time the market in the long term.

If anyone here really pays attention to financials there are many odd things going on.
So ask yourself why???

One reason could be because negative interest rates and inflation are on the way. Investors are scrambling to get out of cash

With big inflation materials will become more expensive so even in a depressed home market the prices could rise because of the cost of materials in new builds could rise significantly
Everything you said is 100% right.

I personally like to buy my 2oz of silver every pay check, with 1/10 oz of gold per month. I don't time the market either.

You are right with the housing market.
But that will change once trudeau stops the EI. Then the hyperinflation, and depression will kick in.

I have a friend from high school, who I talk wilh all the time that works at air Canada.
His advice is don't buy any air Canada stocks.

AC will most liekly be the surviving air line.. We NEED to have air travel.. is a nessecity.. And historically, its the airline our government has continued to bail out..

letting AC go bankrupt is a possibillity, but I doubt it will happen.. if it does, another ocmpany will buy them up for pennies and fire it back up once ppl can fly again.. I honeslty could see bombardier buying them.

I have few doubts AC will survivie, but to be an investor in AC right now still isn't safe

BUT!

So ask yourself why???

becaue our market is being artificially supported.. artificial in terms of its getting "money", but its not coming from sales or good business moves..

companies constantly take govenrment handouts and use them to fuck with their stock price to make it seem like they are doing awesome, when their sales show they are not.. I think it was someone on this forum who posted the Harley Davidson story... They are literally a company that used money not from sales to make it appear they were doing amazing, but truely weren't...

the interest rates are fucking with things as well.. It's not showing what the market is truly doing..

it's just fucked right now.. I'm just glad I'm not near retirement so I can have some more years to put towards retirement after the dust settles.. Our hardest hit population will be ppl who are retired and ppl who are about to retire.. This whole shit show will actually be amazing for our 20 year olds who have massive bills.. hyper inflation will let them take care of their bills asap..

You got a 50,000$ student loan? No big deal with hyper inflation and a Mcdonalds job will give you an hourly wage of 50$ an hour due...

I was thinking same way about money before Covid “on pulling out money” & know I’m stock with it. I tried to put 70,000 grand of cash in the bank about a month ago and they told me that I had to do with 9,000 at a time or the government takes a lot of it, it’s ridiculous they told me it could be like money laundering. Due to the Covid I am afraid to use money or invest in anything because I don’t know what’s going to happen next I feel like I have already too much investment and gold, silver and stocks definitely don’t want to invest in anything else. About the stocks mine have not been affected as much.

Last edited:
Invest in amazon.
Leave the covid alone , its a hoax , but on rhe other hand if trump gets back in yeh might wanna invest in his cure.

Invest in amazon.
Leave the covid alone , its a hoax , but on rhe other hand if trump gets back in yeh might wanna invest in his cure.
Bad time to be investing in AMZN in my opinion, their P/E is 125. Essentially priced for the next 10 years. I think when this all calms down or we have another adjustment AMZN will return to a sensible price and we can all buy in again.