COVID experiences

Lol, yeah I’m almost covid fatigued. Truthfully other than here once in a while I hardly talk about it.
My wife pays attention and fills me in. I havnt watched Dr. Campbell since the video of vit d. He’s good, but a little extreme at times, but his info is accurate at least.
God Degrassi, I never watched it as a kid, maybe I should give it a try, lol.

I used to watch it with the kids I worked with for a couple of years. They did a good job covering pertinent topics with young people. It's more fun than a developmental psych book.

I work in a hospital. I stock up the supplies for couple of floors including ICU. This time around, it’s isn’t as bad as in March/April. Those were the crazy months.

I will bring this thread back. Recently caught covid, the UK variant.
Day 1- woke up with a bad headache and throat was full of phelem. Felt like a bad hangover where you smoked a pack of smokes. Took lots of vitamins and drank fluids, didnt eat alot. Took a Tylenol and felt fine rest of the day.
Day 2- same thing, felt like i woke up with a hangover, took a Tylenol and was fine all day.
Day 3- today. Woke up with a bit of phlem in my throat. Took a shower and felt fine all day. Hopefully this is over. Seems pretty mild so far. Ive had colds way worse
Day4- slept the whole night and woke up with a clear head. Still kinda have sore joints and muscles, low energy. But overall Im fine. I could of actually worked yesterday and today no problem. Might try a light workout today

Last edited:
I will bring this thread back. Recently caught covid, the UK variant.
Day 1- woke up with a bad headache and throat was full of phelem. Felt like a bad hangover where you smoked a pack of smokes. Took lots of vitamins and drank fluids, didnt eat alot. Took a Tylenol and felt fine rest of the day.
Day 2- same thing, felt like i woke up with a hangover, took a Tylenol and was fine all day.
Day 3- today. Woke up with a bit of phlem in my throat. Took a shower and felt fine all day. Hopefully this is over. Seems pretty mild so far. Ive had colds way worse
Sorry to hear brother hope you recover quickly

I’m curious. How did they determine the variant? And what prompted them to look?
Not too sure actually, we were told it was a varient a day after getting results and the wife called her own doctor to find out which variant. They must be testing all the samples now

Just got word from work.... 4 confirmed cases. Two of the guys I was working directly with. I am currently not experiencing any symptoms but have been asked to stay home and get tested. I phoned the covid testing contact number and they said I could not be tested if I was not showing any symptoms. They advised me to self isolate for 10 days. I wish I could be tested in order to protect my family so I will call again in the morning. I am 51 years old and am currently taking 800 mg of test and 400 mg of Primo in the middle of a cycle and don't plan to stop!

I will post an update.

Woke up this morning feeling 110%. Had a friend suggest that I book an appointment online for testing and all I would have to do is lie and check the box saying I had one of the many symptoms. In that my work will not let me return until I either self Isolated for 10 days or produced a negative test result and all the ciaos it would cause for my family.... I decided to check the symptom box and lie. Then the website asked me to select a time for testing.... well the time spots were completely open..... any time I wanted any day I wanted. I'm going for testing today and it will take up to 48 hours for a result.

I will post an update.

Went to my testing appointment early today and was surprised to be the only vehicle there. Just before I arrived work called me and asked me if I would be interested in going for rapid testing provided by my company. Work was still thinking that I was not able to be tested by the local heath authority because I did not have any symptoms. I told my work that I had to lie and say I had symptoms in order to be tested and declined the company voluntary rapid test.
When I originally called the covid help line they said they would not test me and I was to isolate for 10 days. When I went to the testing facility they said that because I am a close contact with someone that tested positive.... even if I test negative.... I am to isolate for 14 days. Work wants me back as soon as possible.
Just about to call it a night and draw my oil for tomorrow.... still feel fucking awesome!

No result yet.

I’m curious. How did they determine the variant? And what prompted them to look?
They are testing this like crazy because variant fuels more panic I believe. I suppose one could make an argument it’s decent information to know to better understand the infections and how they spread.

from what I understand( and that is very little here). They test the genetic sequence of the virus and can see the differences in the rna. But that is almost guessing so don’t quote me.

the variants are different, they move differently and if you have weaknesses in your IPAC program they will expose it very quickly.

I don’t know if they are in fact the buzz saw we first thought they maybe after that first well known outbreak here. That was awful. People will never begin to comprehend the devastation in that outbreak. What was scary is that before they even knew they had a problem, it had probably already past the tipping point.

that fueled incredible concern. I have to admit, I felt the same initially. However, since that one I think it’s been abundantly clear that although more infectious, something was not occurring there that should have been which lead to such a massive and widespread infection. There have been many more variant outbreaks since…. Even in similar settings and they haven’t seen what happened there.

Right now in my health unit area all but 17% of outbreaks are VOC’s and the vast majority have been UK. The few that we see of the SA variant have been pretty ugly. Anecdotally, I would say if there is a variant of covid you don’t want to get…. It’s the SA one.

That said. If folks are half paying attention, even in the vulnerable sectors this virus is fairly easily controlled. The only really ugly outbreaks we see people aren’t following measures well, if at all.

The infection rates in LTC have fallen drastically. In our local health unit area the are only 4 active outbreaks and they are all less than 14 days old. It’s indicative of decent control of an outbreak if a place goes in and comes out within 14days. When they drag on it’s an indicator to take a closer look.

Just got word from work.... 4 confirmed cases. Two of the guys I was working directly with. I am currently not experiencing any symptoms but have been asked to stay home and get tested. I phoned the covid testing contact number and they said I could not be tested if I was not showing any symptoms. They advised me to self isolate for 10 days. I wish I could be tested in order to protect my family so I will call again in the morning. I am 51 years old and am currently taking 800 mg of test and 400 mg of Primo in the middle of a cycle and don't plan to stop!

I will post an update.
Woke up this morning feeling 110%. Had a friend suggest that I book an appointment online for testing and all I would have to do is lie and check the box saying I had one of the many symptoms. In that my work will not let me return until I either self Isolated for 10 days or produced a negative test result and all the ciaos it would cause for my family.... I decided to check the symptom box and lie. Then the website asked me to select a time for testing.... well the time spots were completely open..... any time I wanted any day I wanted. I'm going for testing today and it will take up to 48 hours for a result.

I will post an update.
Went to my testing appointment early today and was surprised to be the only vehicle there. Just before I arrived work called me and asked me if I would be interested in going for rapid testing provided by my company. Work was still thinking that I was not able to be tested by the local heath authority because I did not have any symptoms. I told my work that I had to lie and say I had symptoms in order to be tested and declined the company voluntary rapid test.
When I originally called the covid help line they said they would not test me and I was to isolate for 10 days. When I went to the testing facility they said that because I am a close contact with someone that tested positive.... even if I test negative.... I am to isolate for 14 days. Work wants me back as soon as possible.
Just about to call it a night and draw my oil for tomorrow.... still feel fucking awesome!

No result yet.

My result came back Negative

9 of my coworkers have now tested positive.

My result came back Negative

9 of my coworkers have now tested positive.
I know it’s likely not proper protocol, but if you are negative, you are negative. If they can’t trust the test then how can we trust the positives?

Not sure. My parents both have it and my mom says it feels like a mild cold. My father on the other hand is much more ill he’s got the fever, dry cough and extreme fatigue. He rarely gets sick maybe once every two years with a cold. He’s been sleeping 16 hours a day.
So far I have no symptoms although I’m isolating since I’ve been exposed. I had Thanksgiving dinner with both my parents last weekend and 1 day later they both got sick...
Mine was similar to ur dads it wasn’t hospitalizing but it wasn’t mild either