considering doctor prescribed HGH

El Ronero

Trusted Member
My doctor is very progressive, when we talk about hormones it's about optimizing - not just getting to baseline. She'll let me go over normal ranges of total test as long as other markers are in check. She also offers to manage HGH treatment. I haven't asked about typical dosage, but I'd assume it's a decent dose. This is not an anit-aging clinic.

My question is this... What is a typical doctor prescribed dose of HGH and what should I expect for cost?

The obvious question is, will the cost be worth whatever improvement in health or body comp I might see?

My doctor is very progressive, when we talk about hormones it's about optimizing - not just getting to baseline. She'll let me go over normal ranges of total test as long as other markers are in check. She also offers to manage HGH treatment. I haven't asked about typical dosage, but I'd assume it's a decent dose. This is not an anit-aging clinic.

My question is this... What is a typical doctor prescribed dose of HGH and what should I expect for cost?

The obvious question is, will the cost be worth whatever improvement in health or body comp I might see?
Lol I'm stumped on that because adults (short of a few medical reasons, severe burns, etc) generally aren't prescribed gh. Hard to find a doc that will even prescribe it after a major surgery where studies show it'll help... Not only is your doc progressive, but they're doing you a favor. Get the script. See what the dose is before filling it at a pharmacy. Only then can we know if the dose outweighs the cost.

Ps. PM every one of the trusted members your docs name hahahah ;)

Lol I'm stumped on that because adults (short of a few medical reasons, severe burns, etc) generally aren't prescribed gh. Hard to find a doc that will even prescribe it after a major surgery where studies show it'll help... Not only is your doc progressive, but they're doing you a favor. Get the script. See what the dose is before filling it at a pharmacy. Only then can we know if the dose outweighs the cost.

Ps. PM every one of the trusted members your docs name hahahah ;)
Well many anti-aging clinics offer it - from what I can see you'd pay around $600-$3000/month. But yes my doctor is extremely progressive with the goal of optimization, not normalization.

This mindset of optimizing above "normal" levels is quite common in the states at the clinic I go to. My doc prescribed me 4iu daily hgh right off the hop no questions asked. But then when I saw the price tag with that monthly clinic bill I politely declined lol. It was 1200usd for seros 128iu kit, no thanks. Instead I told him I'd run a reputable generic and we can continue to test bloods and proceed the same as if I'm on prescription and he had no problem with that. And I save myself a shit ton of money running Opti's instead while still being supervised under a doctor.

I notice results within a few weeks of starting gh. Fullness, thickness to the muscle. Likely due to the sodium and water retention. I've used pharma before, but for the cost I get damn near the same result with a legit generic

This mindset of optimizing above "normal" levels is quite common in the states at the clinic I go to. My doc prescribed me 4iu daily hgh right off the hop no questions asked. But then when I saw the price tag with that monthly clinic bill I politely declined lol. It was 1200usd for seros 128iu kit, no thanks. Instead I told him I'd run a reputable generic and we can continue to test bloods and proceed the same as if I'm on prescription and he had no problem with that. And I save myself a shit ton of money running Opti's instead while still being supervised under a doctor.

I notice results within a few weeks of starting gh. Fullness, thickness to the muscle. Likely due to the sodium and water retention. I've used pharma before, but for the cost I get damn near the same result with a legit generic
Your doctor was ok with you ordering blackmarket GH on the internet and monitoring your use? I'm not sure if that's great or concerning.

He wasn't concerned as it's my own risk to use black market, but I pay him to monitor me so that's what he does. It makes no difference in terms of patient management whether it's prescription or not, so long as we meet our goal at optimizing my igf1 to his liking. His profit comes from my consults, along with several other ped's I get prescribed. Pharma gh was just to far out of my budget so he understands that.

Spoke to my doc - looks like I could expect 2-4 IUs dose, which is likely $500 - $1000/month.

Is this even enough to get much benefit other than "better skin" and extra recovery?

Spoke to my doc - looks like I could expect 2-4 IUs dose, which is likely $500 - $1000/month.

Is this even enough to get much benefit other than "better skin" and extra recovery?
Yes. 100%. 4ius is enough to blast on and see some decent results. 2ius is (depending on your age) enough for anti-aging benefits (better sleep, skin benefits, etc)

You’ve got a really doctor to work with. This equivalent to hitting the jackpot 🎰 lol. I have to battle just to get bloodwork requisitions. It’s taxing the system I’m told 🤪. Just bullocks. I try to have two doctors I see now.
Your doctor was ok with you ordering blackmarket GH on the internet and monitoring your use? I'm not sure if that's great or concerning.
Doctors will advise against blackmarket stuff but they know if you set your mind to it and it makes sense financially, they will work with you and help you medically. But some will judge and hate.

What you can do is order the pharmaceutical grade from @HGHGEAR which will be more cost effective. Check out their review page, they did list some prices. I used them before and they are legitimate. Others will say the same.

You can also get generic ones but don’t tell your doctor (if they’re not cool with it, otherwise you can tell them) and get bloodwork done to see how it compares at 4iu or 5iu or 2iu, whatever you’d like to use it at. By the way, hgh will help with cutting a lot. Either way, there are cost effective approaches but if money isn’t an issue, you can always use the scripted one from your pharmacy. The extra money I would rather use on more hgh for a higher dose, but that’s my craziness. Or on more gear and healing peptides. You can never go wrong with healing, this includes chiropractic and massage therapy.
Yes. 100%. 4ius is enough to blast on and see some decent results. 2ius is (depending on your age) enough for anti-aging benefits (better sleep, skin benefits, etc)
Would you say 5iu of generic is enough to blast on as well?

You’ve got a really doctor to work with. This equivalent to hitting the jackpot 🎰 lol. I have to battle just to get bloodwork requisitions. It’s taxing the system I’m told 🤪. Just bullocks. I try to have two doctors I see now.

Doctors will advise against blackmarket stuff but they know if you set your mind to it and it makes sense financially, they will work with you and help you medically. But some will judge and hate.

What you can do is order the pharmaceutical grade from @HGHGEAR which will be more cost effective. Check out their review page, they did list some prices. I used them before and they are legitimate. Others will say the same.

You can also get generic ones but don’t tell your doctor (if they’re not cool with it, otherwise you can tell them) and get bloodwork done to see how it compares at 4iu or 5iu or 2iu, whatever you’d like to use it at. By the way, hgh will help with cutting a lot. Either way, there are cost effective approaches but if money isn’t an issue, you can always use the scripted one from your pharmacy. The extra money I would rather use on more hgh for a higher dose, but that’s my craziness. Or on more gear and healing peptides. You can never go wrong with healing, this includes chiropractic and massage therapy.

Would you say 5iu of generic is enough to blast on as well?
If it's a good quality generic that tests close to pharm..... Then yes. Its like saying can you swap out 250 pharm test with 250 ugl test. If it's from a shit bathtub lab with terrible brewing practices, bad quality/purity raws, then no. If it's a good lab, then why not? :)

If it's a good quality generic that tests close to pharm..... Then yes. Its like saying can you swap out 250 pharm test with 250 ugl test. If it's from a shit bathtub lab with terrible brewing practices, bad quality/purity raws, then no. If it's a good lab, then why not? :)
Yeah, right? It always confused me when people compared them and gave their equivalence. Thank you 🙏🏻