Complete Beginner - Please help with PCT protocol

Gee44

Good morning all! I apologize if you have heard all this before but I am a complete newbie to this and I would be extremely grateful for anyone’s input. I started test e Newport pharma at 250. So far I have ran only once at 250 which I was going to maintain but I head that know noticeable difference without running at 500 so I’m thinking I will run twice weekly. My major concern is PCT. just now I have no protocol. I was told to get Aromasin which I have but it appears this is. It relevant until you have symptoms of esteogen increase. If someone could highlight a general protocol that would help with this test e only cycle it would be much appreciated. Also my first pin has caused significant pain the following day in the upper quadrant of my right glute. Is this normal? Thanks you all in advance!

Is what you are saying that you started a cycle before researching AIs and PCT (let alone having the products on hand)?

Also, if you “heard” that 250mg test a week will not help you for a first cycle, then you heard wrong.

I’d recommend spending some time on these boards and do some research. Nobody is going to spoon feed you the information if you’re not putting in basic effort to do basic research about your cycle before you even start.

250 a week is not a waste IMO, the less you need to get gains the better.
Some people use Nolva alone and others use Nolva and clomid. The AI should only be if you start to get estrogen symptoms.
I am not very experienced with PCT but @ABMonkey has posted several times with his protocol which seems to work. Check out the PCT section if this forum. Some also add in HCG to get the ‘boys’ back to full size. The doses for HCG are all over the place but I often read 250-500 twice a week.
If you don’t have them now, I would reach out to your source and pick up nolvadex at a minimum and both if you can afford it.
Good luck

Thank you so much all for the help. I have done a lot of research but obviously not enough. Thanks you for the aides. What I have read has been extremely inconsistent and this has been the most help yet.

Can anyone comment on the pain in glute? Is this normal?

Thanks again

Thank you so much all for the help. I have done a lot of research but obviously not enough. Thanks you for the aides. What I have read has been extremely inconsistent and this has been the most help yet.

Thanks again
As for your pain in your glute, is this after you inject during your injection how long does it last? Have you researched proper injection technique? Just guessing probably not.

Guys here have been great in pointing you in the right direction. You now have to take the initiative to do the research ALLL of it that you should have done long before injecting yourself with something you know so little about.

this is a hard one to answer too - if it is pain for a few days and goes away, I wouldn't worry about it. I have shots with no pain and others with moderate but never bad. If it doesn't swell up, look red, or feel hot - you should be ok but if it is still there in a week I would see a doctor.

I did a lot of research but I guess I was pointed in so many different directions I am a little lost. I did so much research and even asked a nurse but I did do this solo. Upper right quarter of glute right side. It has been very tender for around 24 hours. I’m not sure if this is something to expect or be concerned about.

I did a lot of research but I guess I was pointed in so many different directions I am a little lost. I did so much research and even asked a nurse but I did do this solo. Upper right quarter of glute right side. It has been very tender for around 24 hours. I’m not sure if this is something to expect or be concerned about.
Glute pain, like @Goldenrod said keep an eye on it for swelling and redness,

As for the pct, so you read a bunch of different ways to dose nolva and climid and hcg but chose not to get any of the pct compounds because.... you weren’t sure what protocol to run? You will never find a cookie cutter cycle or pct because everyone is different. I bounce back quick with just nolva and hcg you may not. Hell I may not even need the hcg but I use it and have good results. This is a science experiment and you’re the lab rat, so get to reading here, lots of experienced guys here.

You should at minimum have nolvadex on hand during cycle, I have needed it on cycle before and I’m happy I had it on hand. I would be screwed and probably have A cups right now if I didn’t have it on hand. Definitely get atleast nolvadex coming. @ABMonkey made a very very good and thorough post about PCT protocol that is a pinned post under the steroids section of the forum. I would forget everything you’ve heard in your prior research, and start over reading there.

I plan to get nolvadex and hopefully HCg for A 6 week pct of 20mg Nova per day but as for during cycle will Aromasin suffice for any higher estrogen side affects. I am very nervous about this which is why I started on 250 runs. I am also worried with this being my first cycle about the product due to the pain in my glute. Appears to subsiding but I could not put pressure on it. Thanks again all you have been a great help. It’s nice to have a much clearer picture. I should have done this before I dove in.

I plan to get nolvadex and hopefully HCg for A 6 week pct of 20mg Nova per day but as for during cycle will Aromasin suffice for any higher estrogen side affects. I am very nervous about this which is why I started on 250 runs. I am also worried with this being my first cycle about the product due to the pain in my glute. Appears to subsiding but I could not put pressure on it. Thanks again all you have been a great help. It’s nice to have a much clearer picture. I should have done this before I dove in.

Again, have a minimum of nolvadex on hand during your cycle, along with your AI (aromasin). All of this info should be in the link above. Nobody can really tell you if the pain in your glutes is normal or why it’s like that. We don’t know the gear you pinned or where exactly you pinned it or what your pinning technique was. If everything was done correctly, it’s not abnormal to be sore from your first ever shot.

A lot of info here -
https://www.canadianbrawn.com/threads/newbie-resources.3533/

Firstly, IMO keep your test dose the same. I know a lot of OG's like tapering the dose up and down throughout a cycle but to me this just makes estrogen management in a pain in the ass. Pick a dose, stick with it for the duration of the cycle. If you're going go with 250, you probably won't need an AI. 500, I imagine you will need an AI. Blood-work is awesome.

Secondly, dosing on an AI is an incredibly individual thing. Without blood-work you kind of just have to figure it out. Had I not got BW I probably would have started dosing 12.5mg aromasin on pin days (E3.5 days) on the day of third pin - hundreds of guys do it this way and report no sides (see r/steroids) - this is assuming you are going to run 500mg of test per week. If you're using aromasin consume it with fats, absorption is better.

Thirdly, you need your Nolvadex right now. If you run into any gyno problems you need to use it. You can use Ralox (which is optimal for gyno stuff) but if you're just going buy one, get Nolva as you can then use it for your PCT.

Fourthly, I used nolvadex only for my PCT and so have lots of others. It worked great (blood-work shows recovery) and experienced little to no side effects. You can use Clomid instead though many people report nasty sides from it & there is a chance of damage to vision (just google it). OG's and Dr.Scally seem to like the whole 4 week Nolva/Clomid thing but for a cycle as simple as yours there is no need & there is a lot of debate (and controversy) as to whether there is this 'synergy' between Clomid and Nolva.

Fifthly, HCG is nice and will make recovery easier. Also keeps your balls nice and full on cycle (aesthetic gains, lol). There are lots of different ways to use it but I suggest looking at the PCT thread for more info on that.https://www.canadianbrawn.com/threads/post-cycle-therapy.3519/#post-57715

Regards to your pain:

You just poked yourself with something long and sharp and then injected a foreign substance in there. If it's your first pin your technique is probably horrible and you were shaking like a shitting horse. So yeah, it's going to hurt. It could also be:

• Virgin PIP
  • SubQ leak
  • Dirty Gear
  • Infection (least likely IMO)

Whats your injection technique like? Did you warm the oil? What pins you using etc? Is it red, hot/warm to touch?

PS. I did my first cycle last year. I kept a log and it has some good info in it - https://www.canadianbrawn.com/threads/abmonkey-go-time.651

Last edited:
Thank you Again AB monkey. I am going to get nolvadex on hand immediately.

Pain is still there and probably the same as it was at 24 hour (now 36 hour). No apparent swelling or redness however. I thought I had the technique down but the oil was not hot and I may have rushed the shot. I am concerned that the gear is bad however but I have read that this can happen with virgin muscles.

With respect to gyno symptoms what kind of dosage and timing of Nolvadex would you recommend to combat that during cycle? I really appreciate all the feedback. This is the first I have read about Nolva intra cycle coupled with IA. I was probably too niave but thought running only low test would present little estrogen side effects.

First, anytime anyone takes a shot of test for there very first time in life they always feel like they have post injection pain due to the BA and BB that is added to the test as a preservative. U will feel like u have a golf ball size bruise on your glute this goes away after a couple shots once your body gets use to this. This happens to everyone. This is absolutely normal so it's very possible that your injection was done correctly. Always make sure you use sterile technique and inject with 25g needles and always aspirate.

I was quite upset to see the lack of support from some members as we need to help these newbee's and these guys need our help that's why they are coming on here to get help from experience steroid users. So guys be nice and help this guy out, I think all these high testosterone type A personality men come off the wrong way, I like you all and I remind me of roofers personalities. But please just be friendly and helpful. Save the guy from doing hrs of research and just tell him the answers to his questions we all know this information.

U only need an AI when u feel symptoms of high estrogen. U have to make sure your estrogen is not too high and not too low. Its just as dangerous too high as it is too low and both will affect your sex drive. So if u feel your nipples are getting sensitive your estrogen is too high. At this time take some arimidex 0.5mg to 1 mg every day while you run your 500mg of test a week. I have a few men on 500mg a week with no AI and there blood work Is perfect and they r happy. Remember every man is different and everyone respond different to different levels of test.

What are your goals with this test cycle? I ask because if your doing it for health and looks and not bb then you could lower your test slightly to 400mg a week see if the nipples go away or even 350 or 300 or whatever dose is perfect for you to have maximum quality of life with no side effects.

Remember running AI is not the healthiest thing to do long term so if your goal is to maximize quality of life and health take what I say into consideration. If u r looking for some size and to have a more extreme look and u want some attention then you need to run higher test with other cmpds and u need AI to help with side effects at this time you will have to cycle on and off because higher levels of many cmpds will affect your heart liver and kidneys and so u will need time off to let your body heal.

Why are you already worried about PCT when you just started? Do not be scared! u can always come of and go back to normal. It's not easy mentally even with PCT, but it's possible. The hardest part about coming off is you will never feel as good as u did when u were on test. But in time u will get used to the way u used to feel and be ok.

I always recommend men do blood work prior to taking any gear then 6 months later on your cycle do the blood work again and compare the 2 test results.

Thanks again
Bigget things are to not go too deep use the smallest gauge of syringe that will work what you're injecting and make damn sure you're no where near your sciatic nerve.

I've been injecting for years and some spots are just a little more ache than others.