Compact Leg Sled?

MuscleBeard

Trusted Member
Figured this would be the most appropriate place to post this question. Just wondering if anyone has experience with using a compact leg sled? I am looking to get one for my home gym. It's a basement gym so I cannot fit a full leg press/hack squat down there but I do have the space to get a compact leg sled in.

My concern is my height. I am 6'2 with long ass legs and I am worried about not getting a sufficient range of motion or being able to use it for calf raises. I've never used a piece like this so I don't have any thing to go off. I have tried to research some reviews but haven't gotten a clear answer.

Cheers!

Attachments

• ironax-sled-right.jpg
    ironax-sled-right.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 7
I've never used that specific one, but we used to have a piece similar to that at my old gym. Honestly I didn't mind it, but it wasn't the most comfortable machine and felt a bit awkward. At 5'8" I bottomed out the machine before hitting the depth I'd like to hit (pretty much just below 90 degrees is the lowest I could go before it hit the stopper with my feet at the bottom of the platform), so do with that what you will lol, I'm not sure if it'd be better or worse as a taller guy. The one we had also couldn't be used for calf raises as the foot platform didn't have anywhere to put your feet so your heel would hang off so can't quite give my opinion on that. Just looking at similar makes of that leg sled I'd say it might be difficult to do calf raises if you're 6'2. If the price is good enough for it I'd probably buy one if I had a home gym where I couldn't fit a full leg press/hack squat personally, BUT I'm also significantly shorter than you

looks like a shot hack squat machine to me. Before you go out and pay big money for machines look at some of these hand made devices to work your legs... they are awesome.

If you are willing to wait a month-inexpensive

1611522155109.png

1611521927397.png

Last edited:

View attachment 10890

View attachment 10889
Interesting. Thanks for the link. I have never used that site but I know plenty who have. That is a pretty awesome price to be fair!

looks like a shot hack squat machine to me. Before you go out and pay big money for machines look at some of these hand made devices to work your legs... they are awesome.

Thank you for the share. I will check this out!

I've never used that specific one, but we used to have a piece similar to that at my old gym. Honestly I didn't mind it, but it wasn't the most comfortable machine and felt a bit awkward. At 5'8" I bottomed out the machine before hitting the depth I'd like to hit (pretty much just below 90 degrees is the lowest I could go before it hit the stopper with my feet at the bottom of the platform), so do with that what you will lol, I'm not sure if it'd be better or worse as a taller guy. The one we had also couldn't be used for calf raises as the foot platform didn't have anywhere to put your feet so your heel would hang off so can't quite give my opinion on that. Just looking at similar makes of that leg sled I'd say it might be difficult to do calf raises if you're 6'2. If the price is good enough for it I'd probably buy one if I had a home gym where I couldn't fit a full leg press/hack squat personally, BUT I'm also significantly shorter than you
Cheers. Appreciate the insight! It does seem like it may be a little uncomfortable. I really prefer a hack squat with shoulder support

Nice find, and very practical. I really like the modified hack squat (2nd vid). His form is perfect, and I can see how it really hits the hamstrings. I'm going to have to try something like that at the gym.

View attachment 10890

View attachment 10889
Do you actually get this stuff? I thought that site was a scam. You can get hammer strength or HS knockoffs for a fraction of the price here.

I love that machine I use it every-time I go to the gym. I never had a problem using it and I’m 6 feet.

Reactions: PGM
Do you actually get this stuff? I thought that site was a scam. You can get hammer strength or HS knockoffs for a fraction of the price here.
Seem to be legit.others are Alibaba canada and Aliexpress-each well known with decent reputations

common weight plate company-check the minimum order for 1 set and is per kilogram so cheap

https://www.bansarchina.com/importing-from-china-to-canada/ a business process guide for importing from Canaa

Last edited:
made in china boys ... that's a no buy for me. Not sure the quality of this hack squat but shipping may be expensive

I did some looking into the Alibaba equipment. Apparently it's hit or miss, it may be fine or the welds may be horrible. They also require a minimum purchase. Seems like their main market is gyms buying mass amounts of equipment for cheap. Under the name "HammerStrengt" [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk