Chris Aceto : Carbs

Good stuff
The one thing i would add is that, if someone was really obese and was like this for a long time. Even after losing weight, they are going to have to walk a much finer line then someone else to stay at a good bf. This usually means that they will not get away with high carb amounts for any amount of time.
High carbs for me is 250gr. This is with working construction and lifting 5 days/week. With experience, ive learned that this is more then enough to put on size. Protein is always high which is just suits me better.
100% agree. 250 grams of carbs or more and I gain fat quick . If I keep my carbs to 150g and lower I cut quick.

What are some carb drinks you guys have used intra workout that you feel doesn’t cause any bloat

I have used many over the years and I have stopped due to the bloating
I stick to just having actual carbs post workout

What are some carb drinks you guys have used intra workout that you feel doesn’t cause any bloat

I recently started using Karbolyn as per my coach’s request . All I can tell you is I have never taken carbs intraworkout but I am now and I’m not sure I notice a difference in fact I probably prefer an eaa bcaa mix but taking 1 scoop intraworkout now
ca687bc4c76fb98a632284ff8234dfe5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% agree. 250 grams of carbs or more and I gain fat quick . If I keep my carbs to 150g and lower I cut quick.
I don't understand why this is so hard to understand. It's not about how many carbs you're consuming that makes u put on weight. It's overall calories. If Ur in a surplus you on weight. You can eat 400 grams of carbs with 10 fats as long as Ur in a deficit you will lose weight...

I don't understand why this is so hard to understand. It's not about how many carbs you're consuming that makes u put on weight. It's overall calories. If Ur in a surplus you on weight. You can eat 400 grams of carbs with 10 fats as long as Ur in a deficit you will lose weight...
Yes and no . insulin resistance is a real thing. I know many who compete and only can cut that last bit of weight by cutting carbs down. Of course calories in vs calories out is #1 but I promise you that cutting carbs increases weight loss speed.

Awesome info brother, very educational. I agree people should be aware of spiking blood sugar too much and becoming insulin resistant and I'll add that protein such as a carnivore diet does still convert into muscle glycogen through process of neoglycogenisis or something like that. Not sure if anyone added that already

Yes and no . insulin resistance is a real thing. I know many who compete and only can cut that last bit of weight by cutting carbs down. Of course calories in vs calories out is #1 but I promise you that cutting carbs increases weight loss speed.
Yes, 100 % brother. If you eat all your calories in protein, you will have a far differnt outcome than eating them in carbs. It is NOT a calorie is a calorie. Even in a deficit or overload it is a huge, huge difference. I agree Elkpholic. Only Greg Douchette seems to think this anymore....lolol...It is just not the case. One can overdo calories with straight fat and protein and look full and not gain fat nor inflammation etc. Carbs cause water to retain, inflammation if over done with many folks and a lot of insulin which causes its own issuess. It is much more complex than many make it out to be and once the light turns on and one hs tried many approaches and worked with others etc, then one can know how to proceed.

Awesome info brother, very educational. I agree people should be aware of spiking blood sugar too much and becoming insulin resistant and I'll add that protein such as a carnivore diet does still convert into muscle glycogen through process of neoglycogenisis or something like that. Not sure if anyone added that already
Its gluconeogenesis. And for that to occur you'd need to be eating an excess in protein like 400 plus grams which nobody does anyway.

Dude to be insulin resistant, you'd need to be in a surplus for months.. Lol idk everyone is different yes but I doubt someone will be insulin resistant eating in a deficit. There's no way. To be in a deficit, your carbohydrate intake will be lower anyway. What I'm saying is I've seen way better results with myself and people I've helped having carbohydrates much higher and keeping fats real low like 30,40 grams. ESPECIALLY if you're enhanced, you don't have to worry about your hormone levels being effected having your fats that low.

Carbohydrates aid in recovery, fuel you to have intense sessions (more muscle gained/retained)

It makes no sense to keep your carbs low when they are so many benifuts to it.

No, there are a lot of metabolic pathways and your body does much more than a mathematical equation.

Not to mention in which way your body weight increases. Density, fat content, water etc and how much waste you produce depending on your nutritional habits.

Dude to be insulin resistant, you'd need to be in a surplus for months.. Lol idk everyone is different yes but I doubt someone will be insulin resistant eating in a deficit. There's no way. To be in a deficit, your carbohydrate intake will be lower anyway. What I'm saying is I've seen way better results with myself and people I've helped having carbohydrates much higher and keeping fats real low like 30,40 grams. ESPECIALLY if you're enhanced, you don't have to worry about your hormone levels being effected having your fats that low.

Carbohydrates aid in recovery, fuel you to have intense sessions (more muscle gained/retained)

It makes no sense to keep your carbs low when they are so many benifuts to it.
You forgot to write IMHO, as you are but one opinion and NOT correct, nor INcorrect. That is but one way to skin a cat, but some of the items you advise on here are way, way off base for many folks. Way off base on your thoughts on carbs. Just saying, that is your opinion and wht you have found, i have trained many and gotten many into contests and worked with some of the best coaches in the world, and my experience differs a lot person to person, but in general, Carbs are not your friend for many of us.

You forgot to write IMHO, as you are but one opinion and NOT correct, nor INcorrect. That is but one way to skin a cat, but some of the items you advise on here are way, way off base for many folks. Way off base on your thoughts on carbs. Just saying, that is your opinion and wht you have found, i have trained many and gotten many into contests and worked with some of the best coaches in the world, and my experience differs a lot person to person, but in general, Carbs are not your friend for many of us.
Yeah I should have worded that better.

At The end of the day everybody is different there's top coaches like Chris aceto, George Farah that use the low fat high carb approach and then there's also coaches like Dave palumbo that use the keto approach. So yes it depends on your body and what works best for you.

And Ironwill your results speak for themselves. I have formed my opinion on carbs and nutrition by vets like your self and @Funnyman and by applying Said knowledge to my self.

Yeah I gotta say carbs make a massive difference as I’m seeing right now , the new diet I’m on has way more carbs than I was used to eating and my morning weight has gone up half a pound to a pound a day everyday since I started . Im not even on any gear right now and im the same weight I was on cycle now. The only thing is im sluggish as fuck because my body is not used to all the carbs

Yeah I gotta say carbs make a massive difference as I’m seeing right now , the new diet I’m on has way more carbs than I was used to eating and my morning weight has gone up half a pound to a pound a day everyday since I started . Im not even on any gear right now and im the same weight I was on cycle now. The only thing is im sluggish as fuck because my body is not used to all the carbs

How long have you been doing it for? If your in a deficit it's impossible for it to keep going up. It could be some water at first but it shouldn't keep going up.