cheapest cellphone plans in canada

Evil Spock

Trusted Member

$99 for the year. unlimited text and talk only, no data

$15/month data only, 4GB. technically this is only for current customers but some stores will sell it to new customers. combined with a VOIP apps for calls and texts so you can use it like a normal phone. occasionally they will upgrade to $10 for 5GB like on cyber monday

if you are a previous fido customer, you can get this winback plan. $50/month for 15GB unlimited text and talk

if you need cellular text and data, maybe try public mobile, they use telus network.

also, some canadians are buying american carriers sim cards and purchasing prepaid plans with unlimited canadian roaming.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3ml
i got a rogers retention of 50 for 15gb call in jan, which was better than my 15gb for 65 so i switched back.

I switched to public mobile 1.5 years ago from Rogers, never switched back
It’s like $35 a month for 6gbs data + unlimited @ slower speeds + unlimited talk/text
It’s all I need

Last edited:
7-11 sometimes has some great deals and they have a pay as you go that is good for a year. so you could do minimum activation of $25 and use its for a backup for emergencies or whatever.

Reactions: 3ml
telus $75 for 20GB

supposedly if you get it through walmart you can get $10/month off for 10 months with their promo. this will also stack with other plans.

edit: bell is offering same and rogers
$63 through exteded partner program(epp). i think thats the new corporate plan name

Last edited:
Chatr mobile, it's cheap 50 dollars for 8gigs of data and unlimited calling and texting. Also it's prepaid so no contract.

It's owned by bell and sold at the source.

Chatr mobile, it's cheap 50 dollars for 8gigs of data and unlimited calling and texting. Also it's prepaid so no contract.

that probably best deal right now. koodo some times will offer that for 40 or 45

Koodo because the service is good everywhere ( telus towers)
Decent price
But the #1 reason.. No contract.. fuck I hate contracts.

Last edited:
the shaw deal for $45/25gb is so disruptive that the other companies are offering it to customers instantly after they port their number out. it might be worth your while to call retentions and threaten them to switch to shaw, they dont know if you are and existing shaw customer or not.

every year between cyber monday and before xmas the telecoms have a flash sale on deals to boost 4th quarter sales for shareholders annual report. i had to be on the phone 6 hours. a couple of years ago only a couple of hours after the first nerds discovered it and posted it in the forums. because of all the extra competition this year, i expect this will be the best year ever for people who are aggressive with negotiating phone plans.

supposedly this is how you get 5gb free on your current koodo account
-call customer service
-cite freedom mobile have 11gb for $35
-rep will talk to their supervisor
-supervisor will approve the 5gb add on for free

Chatr is owned by Rogers and it’s actually garbage bro drops calls like crazy