cheapest cellphone plans in canada

Koodoo has been pretty good to me for $60 per month including taxes.

I despise Rogers. Screwed me over on my "military discount". I refused to pay until this was sorted out, BOOM collections. Was I ever livid!

"I'm sorry sir there's nothing we can do, thank you for your service" šŸ˜ 

I'm pretty happy with koodo myself.
Any time I've had an issue they have been really good at solving it with zero pushback.

My biggest issue happened when I was on a cruise in Europe.
I paid for international service, but my phone connected to the ship without my knowing and racked up almost 2000 dollars in phone charges.
I had to escalate it, but every service agent agreed with me, said it was beyond their authority level and put me through until I could talk to someone who reversed the charges and thanked me for my continued patronage.

I've never gotten close that level of service from any other cell phone company.

fido roger and virgin winback deal $45 for 25gb
bell epp $50 20gb
rumor says you can get it with telus
fido retention $55 25gb
when looking for a new plan with your provider, always ask to talk to "retention" they are a separate department , they have more authority to make deals and have plans that are not offered publicly.
call up your old providers and ask what will they do for you. you will be surprised how much they value you more now. mention the word winback, it might be a separate department like retention but its internal lingo for better deals than are offered internally.
knowing the best deals at the time is the best ammunition you can have. you cant tell them you have a made up deal, they will know bs. but if you say you saw deal on the forums or say their competitor offered you something you saw an the forums, they have no choice but to start dealing. never get steamed, being nice works. if you dont get your deal you want, say "thanks anyway, im going to keep shopping around, byeee" and call back another time, talk to another person. some people like to power trip, some people are closers. if you really want to nerd out you can follow the forums while you even have a contract. they will upgrade current contracts if a competitor offers a really hot deal to stop you from bitching and getting pissed of and canceling your contract when it is up. they dont usually advertise these upgrades and offers dont ever last long.

shaw is rumoured to have new secret plan for existing customers. unlimited text and talk 3gb data for $10.

fido has new data plan for existing customers. tablet for free to cheap for a returned tablet and 4gb data for $5. i got this plan for $10 years ago without being a existing customer. you just have to find a customer rep who likes money.

shaw is rumoured to have new secret plan for existing customers. unlimited text and talk 3gb data for $10.

fido has new data plan for existing customers. tablet for free to cheap for a returned tablet and 4gb data for $5. i got this plan for $10 years ago without being a existing customer. you just have to find a customer rep who likes money.
Jesus. I thought my 20GB, unlimited call/texting and long distance calling for $60 was a good deal

Thanks for the post!

Not to lay providing all the info on you, we all will need to check this out directly with said merchants but are you saying that's the total cost of those plans or is that an added fee to an existing or base plan?

Thanks for the post!

Not to lay providing all the info on you, we all will need to check this out directly with said merchants but are you saying that's the total cost of those plans or is that an added fee to an existing or base plan?
thats total. not addon.
if you got shaw cable, you can get the plan. $10 plus tax and 911 fee plus sim. just go to walmart with your bill. they still might have unlimited text and talk for free. 6 sim cards per family for existing customers.
if you already have a fido plan you can get the data and tablet for $5. you have to log online to your account to get this.
clearer?

thats total. not addon.
if you got shaw cable, you can get the plan. $10 plus tax and 911 fee plus sim. just go to walmart with your bill. they still might have unlimited text and talk for free. 6 sim cards per family for existing customers.
if you already have a fido plan you can get the data and tablet for $5. you have to log online to your account to get this.
clearer?

Thanks Bud!

Jesus. I thought my 20GB, unlimited call/texting and long distance calling for $60 was a good deal
it is but rogers has a 2yr retention plan $50/25gb or winback $45/25gb.
shaw existing cable customers, $45/25
koodo winback $55/20gb
fido has been offering $55 - 30 GB ,$65 - 35 GB,$70 - 40 GB ,$95 - 50 GB
strategies: talk to retentions, call back old providers and ask what theyll do to get you back, threaten to go to other providers, be nice, call back and talk to another person. some women just like to say no, dudes are more likely to make a deal. it doesnt make any difference to them what plan you get as long as they close. there is a limited supply of canadians and a growing number of providers. they are fighting to take away customers from each other.

10gb/$40 best buy today only.

The Mobile Shop FIDO/VIRGIN/KOODO $40/10GB BYOP​

the shaw $10/3gb is new and causing lots of confusion at shaw. some people are saying its only at select stores. it sounds like you can get in on online chat, you have to insist. they may turn you down first try. purpose of this deal is to lock you down forever in their cable plan. thats the only way you can qualify for it.

Last edited:
it is but rogers has a 2yr retention plan $50/25gb or winback $45/25gb.
shaw existing cable customers, $45/25
koodo winback $55/20gb
fido has been offering $55 - 30 GB ,$65 - 35 GB,$70 - 40 GB ,$95 - 50 GB
strategies: talk to retentions, call back old providers and ask what theyll do to get you back, threaten to go to other providers, be nice, call back and talk to another person. some women just like to say no, dudes are more likely to make a deal. it doesnt make any difference to them what plan you get as long as they close. there is a limited supply of canadians and a growing number of providers. they are fighting to take away customers from each other.
Thsts exactly what I did to get my deal. Used to have 5g for $80. Threatened to leave 2x and now I've got this

I called koodo direct. They wouldn't do anything for me really.. Im gonna try and get the best buy plan. As long as its not a contract. They did tell me shaw only had 57% coverage where I am in AB. Dont know if its bs, but something to consider

I called koodo direct. They wouldn't do anything for me really.. Im gonna try and get the best buy plan. As long as its not a contract. They did tell me shaw only had 57% coverage where I am in AB. Dont know if its bs, but something to consider
no. nobody will match the shaw or freedom deals. koodo might match the best buy deal. better believe you wont be the first to try today.

forgot to mention that shaw freedom are the old mobilcity aws network so and mostly a city phone out west. phone need band 4 and 66 compatibility.

if you really want to go hobo, you can get the fongo app, its a free phone number without a sim card. it uses voice over data only. so you can use its at home with wifi and out and about using public wifi. its nice have anyway as a second number for whatever shady purposes you might have. or for a emergancy phone.

no. nobody will match the shaw or freedom deals. koodo might match the best buy deal. better believe you wont be the first to try today.

forgot to mention that shaw freedom are the old mobilcity aws network so and mostly a city phone out west. phone need band 4 and 66 compatibility.

if you really want to go hobo, you can get the fongo app, its a free phone number without a sim card. it uses voice over data only. so you can use its at home with wifi and out and about using public wifi. its nice have anyway as a second number for whatever shady purposes you might have. or for a emergancy phone.
Koodo wouldn't match it but gave me a loyalty deal 10gb for 50$.. and they actually offered 13gb for 55. So i took that

Koodo wouldn't match it but gave me a loyalty deal 10gb for 50$.. and they actually offered 13gb for 55. So i took that
maybe next time ask for retention department, they supposedly can swing better deals. its worked for me but things change. call your ex providers, if you were a good customer you get even better deals.