Cheaper ways to protect your body.

Goldenrod

Staff member
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and I live by that. I am sure there are better products but I write this with the idea if not having a lot of disposable cash while taking AAS. I will not list my exact reasons for listing each but a quick look up will tell you or feel free to ask. I am neither a doctor, a veterinarian, or a Naturopath but my comments are based on blood work, experimenting over the years and research.

1. Vitamin c, e and d. Vitamin e has controversial info so questionable.
  2. ACV - Less processed the better, drink twice a day in the morning and evening, one teaspoons to a tablespoon in water. Built up to two tablespoons a day.
  3. Low dose aspirin - talk to your doctor as this can affect bleeding disorders, etc. There are risks. That being said a buffered form - for me I am willing to take the small change of stomach issues for cancer protection in specific forms of cancer particularly liver and bowel. Also - at night helps with BP. Read that long term studies in 1000’s of people. 325 twice a week of low dose daily daily.
  4. Probiotic - spend some time and pick a good one, everything starts with digestion. This isn’t cheap - ACV, yogurt, and sauerkraut are all good to add to your diet in its place.
  5. Sam-e (not cheap) but I would rather read someone is taking 200-400 mg of sam-e a day vs. Milk thistle, or many of the other liver protectant products. Believe this product has the most science and does much more than protect your liver. Ask any veterinarian what is their go to when your dog has a liver issue.
  6. Turmeric - if can afford it buy a curcumin product and a turmeric product and take black pepper kernels at least once a day. Turmeric, extra virgin olive oil and black pepper is not expensive - and the health benefits are well known. More work but less expensive that a life extension super curcumin.
  7. Ubiquinol - co enzyme q10 - BP, organ protection, cancer, etc. Again, not cheap but recommended by many when my BP started to creep up. Don’t mess with BP - keep it in check. Q10 is knows to be just as good for younger people, ubiquinol for older. I find the combo best if my BP spikes.
  8. Ginger - simply do to it’s low price, fresh availability in the grocery store, and organ protectant properties. Some BP help and contains some curcumin. Cut off a good chunk, peel it and eat twice a day - takes 15 seconds. Powdered form is available if your lazy but I prefer the fresh from my fridge. Caveat - there is new evidence coming out that powdered is pretty much useless from a medicinal benefit. I would have to find the article and it was only one. I would always rather eat fresh anyway.
  9. Choline/inositol - specifically choline or phosphatidyl choline if taking orals for liver protection. PC is not expensive and a lot of science behind protecting your liver.
  10. Melatonin - long term effects not known but one of the best antioxidants and protects your liver among other benefits. I take it for insomnia too 10 mg in the dual action form.
Do I take all these all the time - no but I don't blast high doses, get regular blood work and measure my BP three times a week.

I am not saying take them all - but small steps to mitigate harm is important. Of course, if you have specific issues concentrate on those.
If anything - please read up on Sam-e and consider the cost to benefit ratio. A powerful product which is prescription in some countries.

GR

Report Edit

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and I live by that. I am sure there are better products but I write this with the idea if not having a lot of disposable cash while taking AAS. I will not list my exact reasons for listing each but a quick look up will tell you or feel free to ask. I am neither a doctor, a veterinarian, or a Naturopath but my comments are based on blood work, experimenting over the years and research.

2. ACV - Less processed the better, drink twice a day in the morning and evening, one teaspoons to a tablespoon in water. Built up to two tablespoons a day.
  3. Low dose aspirin - talk to your doctor as this can affect bleeding disorders, etc. There are risks. That being said a buffered form - for me I am willing to take the small change of stomach issues for cancer protection in specific forms of cancer particularly liver and bowel. Also - at night helps with BP. Read that long term studies in 1000’s of people. 325 twice a week of low dose daily daily.
  4. Probiotic - spend some time and pick a good one, everything starts with digestion. This isn’t cheap - ACV, yogurt, and sauerkraut are all good to add to your diet in its place.
  5. Sam-e (not cheap) but I would rather read someone is taking 200-400 mg of sam-e a day vs. Milk thistle, or many of the other liver protectant products. Believe this product has the most science and does much more than protect your liver. Ask any veterinarian what is their go to when your dog has a liver issue.
  6. Turmeric - if can afford it buy a curcumin product and a turmeric product and take black pepper kernels at least once a day. Turmeric, extra virgin olive oil and black pepper is not expensive - and the health benefits are well known. More work but less expensive that a life extension super curcumin.
  7. Ubiquinol - co enzyme q10 - BP, organ protection, cancer, etc. Again, not cheap but recommended by many when my BP started to creep up. Don’t mess with BP - keep it in check. Q10 is knows to be just as good for younger people, ubiquinol for older. I find the combo best if my BP spikes.
  8. Ginger - simply do to it’s low price, fresh availability in the grocery store, and organ protectant properties. Some BP help and contains some curcumin. Cut off a good chunk, peel it and eat twice a day - takes 15 seconds. Powdered form is available if your lazy but I prefer the fresh from my fridge. Caveat - there is new evidence coming out that powdered is pretty much useless from a medicinal benefit. I would have to find the article and it was only one. I would always rather eat fresh anyway.
  9. Choline/inositol - specifically choline or phosphatidyl choline if taking orals for liver protection. PC is not expensive and a lot of science behind protecting your liver.
  10. Melatonin - long term effects not known but one of the best antioxidants and protects your liver among other benefits. I take it for insomnia too 10 mg in the dual action form.
Do I take all these all the time - no but I don't blast high doses, get regular blood work and measure my BP three times a week.

I am not saying take them all - but small steps to mitigate harm is important. Of course, if you have specific issues concentrate on those.
If anything - please read up on Sam-e and consider the cost to benefit ratio. A powerful product which is prescription in some countries.

GR

Report Edit
Great supplementation. Because I am lazy I grab about 4 -5 multi vitamins in the morning and take them. I also include probiotics daily as u do that include yogurt and kimchi (love this stuff).. Not sure if I should include anything else but I may add turmeric supplementation as there is a lot of benefits ( heart , cancer etc) backed up by various studies. @Goldenrod , thanks for providing your list, will research the other supplements to see if I may want to add them as well.

I have about half of those on my daily.

Melatonin is one I started taking about six months ago before bed. It helps with sleep but I’ve also noticed my eye sight is better. 🤷‍♂️
interesting observ, do you wear glasses and just noticed a diff? How long before you noticed this?

Serrapeptase is one of my staples, with Vitamin K2.
Anyone with chronic inflammation and sinus issues should look into Serrapeptase. Combined with Nattokinase, its a powerhouse synergistically.

Great supplementation. Because I am lazy I grab about 4 -5 multi vitamins in the morning and take them. I also include probiotics daily as u do that include yogurt and kimchi (love this stuff).. Not sure if I should include anything else but I may add turmeric supplementation as there is a lot of benefits ( heart , cancer etc) backed up by various studies. @Goldenrod , thanks for providing your list, will research the other supplements to see if I may want to add them as well.
agree - its number 6 on my list above. When not taking curcumin I often mix a couple tablespoons with a tablespoon or two of olive oil and a bunch of peppercorns to increase the bioavailability.

Serrapeptase is one of my staples, with Vitamin K2.
Anyone with chronic inflammation and sinus issues should look into Serrapeptase. Combined with Nattokinase, its a powerhouse synergistically.
Have you tried lumbrokinase? 300 times as powerful as serrapeptase.

GR

Report Edit
Regarding #9 - According to research on cancer, Choline increases the risk of prostate cancer in men. I'll try to find the exact link so I am not spreading false shit here haha!

Another Walter Willet hit piece.
Sorry I don't get the reference here. Is Willet a raging anti-meat and anti-dairy zealot?

I read this article over a year ago when my Dr started talking to me about why we test PSA and general Prostate health.

Sorry I don't get the reference here. Is Willet a raging anti-meat and anti-dairy zealot?

I read this article over a year ago when my Dr started talking to me about why we test PSA and general Prostate health.
Call it regulatory capture.
There is a clear (admitted) bias in Western nutrition science. Willet et al. are known for P hacking and curve fitting the same datasets over and over to find ideologically supportive correlations. This one only has an HR of 1.7 even after the data is parsed supportively.

Last edited:
Here is the study:

From what I remember, guys with that are 55 and up and have high bmi are impacted in a worse manner. I read the full text few months ago and will go back to read it again.
Thanks for putting this up. Looks like this was not a double blind placebo study run and more data gathering and statistical analysis. Doesn't mean its wrong but I was going to say were all fucked since most of us eat a lot of eggs and the yolks are full of choline which is generally thought to be healthy. I use phosphatidyl choline so no idea if that makes a difference.

Everything in moderation. Being in my 40's, I have learned what is good for you today may not be in 10 years or the reverse. Medical info changes constantly. Regardless, thanks for posting this.