Cancel Culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the point of the video, which he carefully states that it is the "paint scheme" of the car. If you listen closely he never mentions the confederate flag on the roof. Which is the actual issue.

The Confederate flag is as offensive and a symbol of oppression as the Nazi flag to many, many people.

Let's use some context. In the Dukes of Hazard, it's a TV show. You can't have a WWII show or movie without showing the Swastika. Both are considered offensive. Yet both should be able to used and seen on TV for re-enactment. It is in no way an offensive show. I used to watch it as a kid. (Although there only 8 channels back then).

But just to fly it, wear it, post it? I'll say this.... I wouldn't fly anything without understanding the full context of that the symbology means. I'd do my research. I certainly wouldn't fly anything that would be deemed hateful, offensive, or derogatory in anyway. Why? Because I treat the world the way I want to be treated. Those symbols, whether people like it or not will come to represent those who bear them, and not for the reasons they always think. As anyone who has ever had their lives split apart, the perception of yourself is not everyone else's. Flying those symbols with those connotations will wind up representing those who fly them. No matter how you justify it. It's just the way it is.

They can do whatever they like. Don't matter to me.

I prefer to live a drama free life.

To the point of the video, which he carefully states that it is the "paint scheme" of the car. If you listen closely he never mentions the confederate flag on the roof. Which is the actual issue.

The Confederate flag is as offensive and a symbol of oppression as the Nazi flag to many, many people.

Let's use some context. In the Dukes of Hazard, it's a TV show. You can't have a WWII show or movie without showing the Swastika. Both are considered offensive. Yet both should be able to used and seen on TV for re-enactment. It is in no way an offensive show. I used to watch it as a kid. (Although there only 8 channels back then).

But just to fly it, wear it, post it? I'll say this.... I wouldn't fly anything without understanding the full context of that the symbology means. I'd do my research. I certainly wouldn't fly anything that would be deemed hateful, offensive, or derogatory in anyway. Why? Because I treat the world the way I want to be treated. Those symbols, whether people like it or not will come to represent those who bear them, and not for the reasons they always think. As anyone who has ever had their lives split apart, the perception of yourself is not everyone else's. Flying those symbols with those connotations will wind up representing those who fly them. No matter how you justify it. It's just the way it is.

My take was he is addressing the calls for the show to be removed from streaming services. Not so much the flag.

Or people could just stop being crybabies and stop being offended by everything

I can think of someone here that should definitely take that advice hmmmm who could that possibly be:unsure:

and being offended is apparently fun, makes you feel all righteous n stuff, or so I heard

Weird though right? The further we get from the civil war the more twisted people get about the history.
Gotta wonder how much money CNN, MSNBC and the others have profited from the controversy of that flag. Makes sense to keep the propaganda coming. Just good business.

Or people could stop promoting racist values. Which is what the confederate flag does.

You realize I can only view you as a racist if you're defending that flag.

Or people could stop promoting racist values. Which is what the confederate flag does.

You realize I can only view you as a racist if you're defending that flag.

I’m defending people’s freedom to say and believe what they want. I don’t believe we all have to be forced to be one big happy family. No law can enforce kindness to eachother. Oppressing people’s views only makes them hate more. Racism cannot be fixed by forcing it. It has to be fixed on a personal level.

See the problem with this argument is it is one sided. For instance the city I grew up in had a festival every year called Blackorama. I found that offensive because if someone had Whiteorama imagine the fallout of that. So that is one example where I feel oppressed and racism towards me. But that doesn’t matter because I’m white.

I like how you quickly jumped to call me a racist. Typical.

What are peoples thoughts on NATO states flags?
Clearly NATO targets countries that are home to brown people. Yes, the main purpose is to steal their shit but they commit some horrific war crimes by using banned weapons and attacking hospitals. You could argue its genocide.
So, if one white cop shooting one black man is undeniable evidence of systematic racism, then what has been going on in the middle east is absolutely a racist attack on the brown and black population.
With that, these aggressors fly their countries flags on their fighters and bombers. Again on their uniforms.
So using the same logic as the confederate flag, which i honestly care nothing about, then all NATO country flags are symbols of racism arent they?
Canada, USA, France, UK, Germany. These are always the main aggressors.
Should we now ban the Canadian flag? If not then explain the difference?

I’m defending people’s freedom to say and believe what they want. I don’t believe we all have to be forced to be one big happy family. No law can enforce kindness to eachother. Oppressing people’s views only makes them hate more. Racism cannot be fixed by forcing it. It has to be fixed on a personal level.

See the problem with this argument is it is one sided. For instance the city I grew up in had a festival every year called Blackorama. I found that offensive because if someone had Whiteorama imagine the fallout of that. So that is one example where I feel oppressed and racism towards me. But that doesn’t matter because I’m white.

I like how you quickly jumped to call me a racist. Typical.
Because you are being racist. Typical that you don't think you are.

Freedom of speech doesn't not protect racism, hate speech or anything that represents those things. I'm all for freedom of speech. But as far as this forum goes... there are rules.

Freedom of speech doesn't not protect racism, hate speech or anything that represents those things. I'm all for freedom of speech. But as far as this forum goes... there are rules.

I am not being racist you are completely incorrect.
I agree that this forum has rules. I have broken none of them.

My comment was in regards to what happens in the world not this forum specifically.

So am I racist motherfucker? Being that I'm half black? Since you stand for the canadian flag then thats racist to me too! You see how that works?

Fucking had enough of people like you making my race look like this with your fucking virtue signalling you cocksucking piece of shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.