Canadian Protein brand

Interesting, I believe Mutant and PVL are the same company, they at least have the same address [emoji2369]

As for the foam, I haven’t heard of that before and if it matters.
Well that explains that LOL
Well concentrate is complete garbage imo so I have not tried it..lol. the isolate does not do that. The isolate is so thin, I can mix a full scoop with about 400ml of water and its fully disovled. If you mix the isolate with a full shaker of water it its gross. Just tastes like weak flavored water..haha

Mutant was bad for spiking i remember.

All I trust now is redcon, trutein, cp and true nutrition for my protein.

I mean bcaas are not necessarily a bad thing. But what are they hiding to cover it up. Id much rather have bcaas then sawdust or cake batter that has been found in some brands..haha
After the whole protein spiking scandal I have a hard time trusting supplements

Even regular health supplements (not sports supplements)
Saw some third party testing (on consumer labs.com) and a lot of stuff doesn’t have what it says or even has heavy metals (apparently poorly sourced cocoa can have high cadmium, so I avoid chocolate flavoured protein after seeing some chocolate flavour supplements on consumerlabs.com have high cadmium)

Give the protein jug a shake and open it up and give it a stir. There will be little jumping particles bouncing around. Protein does not do this. Also the foaming that rocky said when you mix it.
I've had the foaming with CP - one of the reasons I don't use them anymore. I'll be on the look out for jumping particles (no joke).

whats the big deal about the foaming? I'm not understanding the foaming being bad or what it means?
It means it could possibly be amino spiked. So they use a low quality protein, lets say 70% pure and add a cheaper amino acid to it to bring the protein content up to look like a better product and when they test it comes out to 90% protein for the product label.

Interesting, I believe Mutant and PVL are the same company, they at least have the same address
emoji2369.png

Pretty much, several companies under one umbrella. Probably not crazy to think they might share raw products.

WRT the CP and TN story I have similar memories as @animal-inside and @Cheapshot but I'm not sure enough to bet 10 bucks either way.

Sorta off topic from the discussion but relevant to the title at least and I'm digesting my preworkout meal for another 1/2 hour so I'll share a CP story that pretty much amounts to a service review.

One Sunday morning a few years back I opened up a shipment I'd received from them, there was some kind of minor issue so I contacted them. Might have been email but maybe it was text or voicemail.

10 minutes later they called me. Actually not they but him. I can't remember his name now but it was the owner. He immediately told me what they were going to do to resolve the issue, no need for me to prove anything or backup my claim in any way just how they were going to fix it.

We ended up chatting for 15 mins or so, mostly about kids in sports iirc. Seemed like a really nice guy. Mostly I was very impressed with getting that fast of a response especially being that it was Sunday morning.

The plates are a calling, gotta go, have a great day!

Sorta off topic from the discussion but relevant to the title at least and I'm digesting my preworkout meal for another 1/2 hour so I'll share a CP story that pretty much amounts to a service review.

One Sunday morning a few years back I opened up a shipment I'd received from them, there was some kind of minor issue so I contacted them. Might have been email but maybe it was text or voicemail.

10 minutes later they called me. Actually not they but him. I can't remember his name now but it was the owner. He immediately told me what they were going to do to resolve the issue, no need for me to prove anything or backup my claim in any way just how they were going to fix it.

We ended up chatting for 15 mins or so, mostly about kids in sports iirc. Seemed like a really nice guy. Mostly I was very impressed with getting that fast of a response especially being that it was Sunday morning.

I hear you on that.. I've never had an issue with CP, but I have heard similar customer service stories like yours.

I had an issue with TP about 12 years ago.. I ordered around 350$ in protien and it shipped, but after 3 or 4 weeks the tracking number just stopped. The package was stuck somewhere.. I called TP and asked what was up, they responded "not our issue, call the shipper"... I was actually quite mad and told him "ya I didn't pay 350$ to UPS.. I paid YOU 350$, so its YOUR issue.. ".. I told the guy on the phone he needs to find the package, get it back on course or send me a tracking number with a new delivery of my order or I'd call VISA and get them to do an investigation b/c I paid for a product and I didn't get it.. The guy actually said I was right and since I paid for the protien he needs to figure it out for me. HE sorted it out for me in a couple days.

Wow. I had a issue with them once and i respectfully contacted them about it and basically was told "sorry but it is what it is".
Was not impressed and im not someone to complain easily. Will only use them in a pinch now

I hear you on that.. I've never had an issue with CP, but I have heard similar customer service stories like yours.

I had an issue with TP about 12 years ago.. I ordered around 350$ in protien and it shipped, but after 3 or 4 weeks the tracking number just stopped. The package was stuck somewhere.. I called TP and asked what was up, they responded "not our issue, call the shipper"... I was actually quite mad and told him "ya I didn't pay 350$ to UPS.. I paid YOU 350$, so its YOUR issue.. ".. I told the guy on the phone he needs to find the package, get it back on course or send me a tracking number with a new delivery of my order or I'd call VISA and get them to do an investigation b/c I paid for a product and I didn't get it.. The guy actually said I was right and since I paid for the protien he needs to figure it out for me. HE sorted it out for me in a couple days.
I had true nutrition send my order to someone else and I got their order..lol.. it was a bunch of different vegan proteins. They told me to keep it and they sent me my order as well. I tried my best to use the vegan proteins, but my fuck were they gross. Ended up throwing them out

Ive been using them for a few mths now . I like the selection of flavors and prices.

It was awesome when true protein had a canadian site. There was not duty. When they closed that down I stopped using them. The dollar was crap and shipping was always over 60 bucks. Doggcrapp owns true protein. I thought CP was started in ontario by a young guy. Could be wrong. Imo true nutrition blows cp out of the water. Cp will not make a blend, ive asked for years. True nutrition has a custom mix you can make what you want.
Yeah there are a bunch of products I want from True Nutrition that Dante has but the pricing in USD + shipping is pretty steep. The nice thing about TN is that you won't get stung with import as I believe they cover it.

Well that explains that LOL

After the whole protein spiking scandal I have a hard time trusting supplements

Even regular health supplements (not sports supplements)
Saw some third party testing (on consumer labs.com) and a lot of stuff doesn’t have what it says or even has heavy metals (apparently poorly sourced cocoa can have high cadmium, so I avoid chocolate flavoured protein after seeing some chocolate flavour supplements on consumerlabs.com have high cadmium)
This is the exact reason I dont cheap out on health supplements. Well worth spending the extra cash and buying from a reputable, tested company.

Don't get the Eggnog flavour if they come out with it this year. Argh.

I love them

I used to be a brand ambassador until they shut that down it seems as my code no longer works.

I've used most of their bcaas, citrulline, creatine, arginine, betaine, omegas, I wanted agmatine but they didnt have it at the time.

Usually buy 22lbs at a time. Just bought their iso for the first time with the black friday sale. Figured I could use the extra protein and bioavailability

Truenutrition uses some sort of special shipping method, took 2 months for my order to come
Never using them again

well......

I placed a order with Canada Protien for around $250 on Dec 1st.

Right away I got a text/email confirming my order.

A week later and my order hasn't shown up... And I was never sent shipping confirmaiton/tracking info.

So I emailed CP... no response...

Today I was planning on calling CP and asking whats up, but I got a text with a tracking number.

Right away I figure if I am just now getting a text with shipping info, they didn't ship the package until today (10 days after I paid).. I was pissed..
So I tried to use the tracking # they sent me to track it.. Nothing shows up on canada post website, which as most of us know is probably because the package has just been shipped today and it hasn't made it into canda post's system.. I was more pissed since it bascially confirms I paid over 200$ 10 days ago and CP sat on their ass instead of ship my order.

So I went to the CP website this afternoon and found their number and it says right on the website that you can text their number.. I figured I'd text instead of being put on hold while also trying to work. I texted them all what I wrote here and asked to get confirmation if the package was just now being sent out..
I also explained I live in a area where I only have a PO box and Canada Protien wouldn't let me ship to a PO box so I used my work address (which I do a lot).. My work is shutting down for the holidays next friday until Jan 11th.. So if the package doesn't arrive before Thursday there will no one at my work to sign for it.. so it will be returned to sender and I won't get my protien until at least mid Jan..

It's been 4 hours and I haven't got a response to my text..

I'll call them directly tomorrow morning if I can find the time.

well......

I placed a order with Canada Protien for around $250 on Dec 1st.

Right away I got a text/email confirming my order.

A week later and my order hasn't shown up... And I was never sent shipping confirmaiton/tracking info.

So I emailed CP... no response...

Today I was planning on calling CP and asking whats up, but I got a text with a tracking number.

Right away I figure if I am just now getting a text with shipping info, they didn't ship the package until today (10 days after I paid).. I was pissed..
So I tried to use the tracking # they sent me to track it.. Nothing shows up on canada post website, which as most of us know is probably because the package has just been shipped today and it hasn't made it into canda post's system.. I was more pissed since it bascially confirms I paid over 200$ 10 days ago and CP sat on their ass instead of ship my order.

So I went to the CP website this afternoon and found their number and it says right on the website that you can text their number.. I figured I'd text instead of being put on hold while also trying to work. I texted them all what I wrote here and asked to get confirmation if the package was just now being sent out..
I also explained I live in a area where I only have a PO box and Canada Protien wouldn't let me ship to a PO box so I used my work address (which I do a lot).. My work is shutting down for the holidays next friday until Jan 11th.. So if the package doesn't arrive before Thursday there will no one at my work to sign for it.. so it will be returned to sender and I won't get my protien until at least mid Jan..

It's been 4 hours and I haven't got a response to my text..

I'll call them directly tomorrow morning if I can find the time.
Dude. It was literally just black Friday..they probably have hundreds of orders to work through. Your living situation isn't their problem, yes it sucks but id call and try and sort it out. They just leave my box on the front step, you can always go into your tracking and request no signature

Dude. It was literally just black Friday..they probably have hundreds of orders to work through. Your living situation isn't their problem, yes it sucks but id call and try and sort it out. They just leave my box on the front step, you can always go into your tracking and request no signature

I disagree..

Placing an order with any online company should not take 10 days to actually ship out. If this was the firsst time I've ordered from CP, it would be the last. I compare it to supplments Canada and other online supplement stores I've used, they always ship in less than 48 hours. So why should I accept 10 days before its shipped? I'm someone that is more than willing to use my money to voice my opinion.. I'll take my money else where for better service..

I have used CP in the past and loved their products and service, so I will order again.. But if it takes 10 days to ship again, I won't bother..

My living situation isn't their issue.. your correct.. its MY issue.. Since it's MY issue, I make sure if I need to use my work address to receive a package that I place the order well in advance if my place of work can't be open to take the package.. But I'm pretty sure I did that. So since I did what I should to ensure my situation isn't CP's issue and they didn't provide good service, I consider it their issue now.

I gather you don't understand where I live and how canada post and other delivery companies operate here. I admit, its unique and until you live in such a location, its hard to get your mind around it. I literally have no street/house address.. Becaue of this, no companies (canada post, UPS etc) can or will deliver to my house. They won't even drop a box off at the door no sig reuqired. I have a legal land description as my only source of explaining my house's location. If I call the RCMP, I give them my legal land descrption.. And its diffcult to make any sense of a legal land description. An exmaple of a legal land description would be SE-12-20-33-W1. Good luck having ANYONE aside from emergency services tyring to locate that address..

I'll also state that I don't believe "black Friday" is the reason they are 10 days behind.. CP isn't Canadian Tire, Amazon or walmart.. Black friday isn't likely to create so much business that they fall behind 10 days or even 3. I'd actually be a bit shocked that CP would even have black friday sales and if they do, its not going to create a significant amoutn more business.