Canadian Protein brand

Stavros

Trusted Member
Just got 6kg of iso from Canadian Protein for $140 on sale. Tastes pretty good, definitely have had better but it seems legit and great prices. Anyone have experience with it?

I have been using their GF NZ whey isolate now for close to a year. I love it because I can buy huge amounts and save a ton of cash. The quality is excellent.

Can't say much about the flavors as I'm boring and stick to original choc milkshake.

I have been using their GF NZ whey isolate now for close to a year. I love it because I can buy huge amounts and save a ton of cash. The quality is excellent.

Can't say much about the flavors as I'm boring and stick to original choc milkshake.

I can second this, I’ve been ordering from them for at least 4 years now. Best bang for your buck, and the quality is pretty good too.

anyone notice their protein mixes like BCAA"s? where it foams into tiny bubbles at the top

I got it once and was a bit skeptical afterwards, I remember allmax protein powder did this when they amino spiked their protein which got me a bit paranoid

The isolate is very good quality. Its very thin. Never really had any issues with them. Ive never noticed the bcaa issue with Canadian protein, I have with other brands and know exactly what your talking about.

Last edited:
Canadian Protein EAAs on the other hand taste fucking gross.

Orange = Horrible, weird bite to it, have to add mio to get through what I have left.
Blue Raspberry = I like, gone through kg's of it, sipping right now
Watermelon = got some on order but nervous cause of the Orange, we'll see

Have enjoyed the basic flavours and apparent quality of such.

The vanilla tastes alright, i think its one of the safest flavours. Honestly ill take sub par flavour for low prices... I chug it anyway so who gives a shit.

Thanks for input everyone.

I sbsolutely love Canada Protien..

I beleive they are a sister company from a USA company. They started in the USA then expanded in Canada changing the name. I think the Canadian part might be Canadian owned but I'm not sure.

Either way, when it was a USA company only, I started ordering bulk protien from them. Amazing prices and quality. They'd ship it over the border and it was sitll night and day cheaper than buying here.

Then once Canada Protien opened, I've been ordering through them regularly. I still check other Canadian suppliers like popeyes and supplements Canada, but in the end CP is always cheaper.

I also like the huge range of products CP offers and the bulk idea. Nothing beats their bulk supplement prices for things like Creatine, gluatime etc..

I also like the CP does independant lab tests on all their products and make these tests available to the public.

They do have some fucked up products though lol.. Like I order beef protien before.. shit tasted EXACTLY like Beef Boulion my wife uses in the kitchen.. I also tried a different variet of protien (can't recall exactly what) and if you let it sit after mixing it turned to glue..

You have to experiment with their products/ flavours a bit.. I know their premium protiens have always been amazing though..

I sbsolutely love Canada Protien..

I beleive they are a sister company from a USA company. They started in the USA then expanded in Canada changing the name. I think the Canadian part might be Canadian owned but I'm not sure.

Either way, when it was a USA company only, I started ordering bulk protien from them. Amazing prices and quality. They'd ship it over the border and it was sitll night and day cheaper than buying here.

Then once Canada Protien opened, I've been ordering through them regularly. I still check other Canadian suppliers like popeyes and supplements Canada, but in the end CP is always cheaper.

I also like the huge range of products CP offers and the bulk idea. Nothing beats their bulk supplement prices for things like Creatine, gluatime etc..

I also like the CP does independant lab tests on all their products and make these tests available to the public.

They do have some fucked up products though lol.. Like I order beef protien before.. shit tasted EXACTLY like Beef Boulion my wife uses in the kitchen.. I also tried a different variet of protien (can't recall exactly what) and if you let it sit after mixing it turned to glue..

You have to experiment with their products/ flavours a bit.. I know their premium protiens have always been amazing though..
I thought it was actually a Canadian business. Your not thinking of the old true protein? They use to have a Canadian warehouse. They are now called true nutrition

The vanilla tastes alright, i think its one of the safest flavours. Honestly ill take sub par flavour for low prices... I chug it anyway so who gives a shit.

Thanks for input everyone.
I’ve been ordering from them for a while now. I always go unflavored and buy the flavour packs. The flavours are hit or miss though. Some are downright gross, so it’s easy to adjust if you buy unflavored.

I thought it was actually a Canadian business. Your not thinking of the old true protein? They use to have a Canadian warehouse. They are now called true nutrition

I Think it was True Protien I'm talking about.. But they were american.. When CP came out, EVERYTHING they had (website, flavours, packaging, inventory etc) was the exact same as TP.. I Am sure there is a connection between the two companies.

I Think it was True Protien I'm talking about.. But they were american.. When CP came out, EVERYTHING they had (website, flavours, packaging, inventory etc) was the exact same as TP.. I Am sure there is a connection between the two companies.
It was awesome when true protein had a canadian site. There was not duty. When they closed that down I stopped using them. The dollar was crap and shipping was always over 60 bucks. Doggcrapp owns true protein. I thought CP was started in ontario by a young guy. Could be wrong. Imo true nutrition blows cp out of the water. Cp will not make a blend, ive asked for years. True nutrition has a custom mix you can make what you want.

It was awesome when true protein had a canadian site. There was not duty. When they closed that down I stopped using them. The dollar was crap and shipping was always over 60 bucks. Doggcrapp owns true protein. I thought CP was started in ontario by a young guy. Could be wrong. Imo true nutrition blows cp out of the water. Cp will not make a blend, ive asked for years. True nutrition has a custom mix you can make what you want.

I could be wrong for sure that they were connected..

The isolate is very good quality. Its very thin. Never really had any issues with them. Ive never noticed the bcaa issue with Canadian protein, I have with other brands and know exactly what your talking about.
I wonder if it really means anything when it foams like that. It was the whey concentrate I got from Canada protein with that

Just to out some brands I’ve tried with this issue

Mutant whey pro 100
Pvl gold whey iso (I thought this brand was reputable but it also had this, recently as well, half a year ago)

I wonder if it really means anything when it foams like that. It was the whey concentrate I got from Canada protein with that

Mutant whey pro 100
Pvl gold whey iso (I thought this brand was reputable but it also had this, recently as well, half a year ago)

Interesting, I believe Mutant and PVL are the same company, they at least have the same address [emoji2369]

As for the foam, I haven’t heard of that before and if it matters.

Mutant whey pro 100
Well concentrate is complete garbage imo so I have not tried it..lol. the isolate does not do that. The isolate is so thin, I can mix a full scoop with about 400ml of water and its fully disovled. If you mix the isolate with a full shaker of water it its gross. Just tastes like weak flavored water..haha

Mutant was bad for spiking i remember.

All I trust now is redcon, trutein, nutrabio, cp and true nutrition for my protein.

I mean bcaas are not necessarily a bad thing. But what are they hiding to cover it up. Id much rather have bcaas then sawdust or cake batter that has been found in some brands..haha

Last edited: