Can i quit TRT if it doesn't help me?

I don’t think anybody will really be able to tell you for sure. The longer you are on, the harder it will be to get back. Some compounds are harder to recover from than others, and it also depends on how your body wants to rebound if you decide to stop.

30 is still fairly young. If you do some hcg throughout to send a signal, and do a proper pct to help optimize recovery it would be very unlikely that you don’t recover and need TRT.. but in telling you this, nobody can really say for sure how much it will.

I’m just curious how you find out that higher T levels can help you? Was it a study you read, or personal experience? Hope it works out for you.

You’ll likely have a problem after. I would strongly advise against it if you’re not ready to commit to life on testosterone or if you want to have kids in the future.

why do you think that? I know plenty of guys around that age who have been on for years and come off totally fine. If it’s only test, that’s not too harsh of a compound to try and rebound from, and 6 months is really only an extra 4 weeks (ish) longer than most people’s cycles...

Of course anyone who makes the decision to go on should always be aware that TRT may be required and be prepared to take that risk

In his situation, I would tend to think his risk would be fairly low

Reactions: Cog
Not to be a dink, but I am. You have spent 13 years with an Anxiety Disorder. That is not something that should be minimized. You have developed coping mechanisms for your anxiety. Why the shift to thinking that Test will help? Did you read a study or case notes on the subject as @Cumminstech2 asked? Have you hit a wall where your symptoms are more exaggerated than you can deal with or are you looking for a panacea to eliminate the anxiety? Testosterone is not innocuous and has its own set of serious sides you should look into before jumping on something you may not need. Medication is medication.

Your T level isn't low @snikok, most TRT patients would be very happy with that number. For comparison, my doctor had me on androgel for years and my level while I was on the gel was 9.9 nmol/L.

You shouldn't shut down your natural production by going on TRT. It really is a life changing decision.

why do you think that? I know plenty of guys around that age who have been on for years and come off totally fine. If it’s only test, that’s not too harsh of a compound to try and rebound from, and 6 months is really only an extra 4 weeks (ish) longer than most people’s cycles...

Of course anyone who makes the decision to go on should always be aware that TRT may be required and be prepared to take that risk

In his situation, I would tend to think his risk would be fairly low
I started having a lot of trouble with recovery after 30. He just needs to be prepared that his test levels may not recover. As well is this man has mental health issues now with normal test levels the couple months after coming off may be too difficult for him to push through pct and stay the course. It will take a lot of mental stamina to withstand his levels dropping for a while before coming back online.

in his situation I don’t believe the risk is Worth the reward

Hi Everyone. I’m 30yo male, suffering from Anxiety disorder since i was 17. I got to the point when my life turned into survival mode every single day.
I tried all kind of stuff to fix my anxiety for the last 10 years. Diet, Sleeping, regular trainings, all kind of nutrients and vitamins, psychotherapies. Nothing worked. Nothing…
Xanax does tho lol, but that’s not an option for a long term.
Recently i found out that higher T levels can help my problem big time. I did my labs and my levels are very average. My T level is 17.8nmol/L and my free T is 447pmol/L. There are no doctors in this country who would put my on TRT considering my levels. So i’m thinking to start self medicating with T + HCG before going to antidepressants, which can be much more harmful than a small dosage of Testosterone. Some people say that it won’t help me since my natural levels are not that low and i won’t feel any difference, while others say that being on 1000-1100ng/dl makes so much difference in well being compared to 500ng/dl… I’m defenitely ready to try, but the question is: Can i stop after let’s say 6 month in case it doesn’t help me? Is it going to cause a permament damage to my natural Testosterone production or 6 months is not that long to fuck me up to the point when i’ll be absolutely dependable on TRT?! Thanks
First of all ... if you have had heavy anxiety issues for 10 years ... you should consider some non conventional anti anxiety meds that most doctors do not prescribe. I was on ativan for 30 years, not a big dose, and it stopped working. The doctor put me on tons of ssri's, snri's ( works on seritonin levels in the brain mainly) over 2 years, made me worse... so I said no more. I then tried welbutrin (ndri - increases norepinephrine and dopamine in the brain) this helped a lot more than the ssri's but made me a little unstable physically (balance issues). Then a friend of mine introduced me to a highly prescribe med for twitchy leg syndrome ... however he told me it really helped his anxiety and made him calm and overall happy ... it also helps nerve pain and I was having major issues with my shoulders and elbows. So I tried some of this stuff called GABAPENTIN ( he gave me a weeks worth taking 600mg a day ... max is about 2400mg from what i read on-line). I took 600mg and the next day my shoulder and elbow pain went to almost nothing and I felt mentally well and was excited to go at my day. There is no sides that I have had from this stuff except very positive ones. Changed my life significantly. I have been using it for 6 months and It is still working. From what I have read on the med it is an off label anti anxiety and anti depression med ... however it is not advertised as such. Anyway, just thought I would mention it, cause I no longer take ativan or xanax or valium ... just 150mg welbutrin and 600mg gabapentin and bam I am back to my old self. All that talking to a psychologist for me is bullshit ... my issue is chemical ... doctors can really screw up on prescribing anti anxiety meds cause all they think of are ssri's. Two of my friends told me they were having real problems with effexor (ssri) ... said they were drug out and didn't want to do anything. I gave them a week supply of gabapentin ( I told the doc I used 1200mg a day so she prescribed that and I only take 600mg- why not stockpile). Both of them love it ... brought them right out of their anxiety issues.

First of all ... if you have had heavy anxiety issues for 10 years ... you should consider some non conventional anti anxiety meds that most doctors do not prescribe. I was on ativan for 30 years, not a big dose, and it stopped working. The doctor put me on tons of ssri's, snri's ( works on seritonin levels in the brain mainly) over 2 years, made me worse... so I said no more. I then tried welbutrin (ndri - increases norepinephrine and dopamine in the brain) this helped a lot more than the ssri's but made me a little unstable physically (balance issues). Then a friend of mine introduced me to a highly prescribe med for twitchy leg syndrome ... however he told me it really helped his anxiety and made him calm and overall happy ... it also helps nerve pain and I was having major issues with my shoulders and elbows. So I tried some of this stuff called GABAPENTIN ( he gave me a weeks worth taking 600mg a day ... max is about 2400mg from what i read on-line). I took 600mg and the next day my shoulder and elbow pain went to almost nothing and I felt mentally well and was excited to go at my day. There is no sides that I have had from this stuff except very positive ones. Changed my life significantly. I have been using it for 6 months and It is still working. From what I have read on the med it is an off label anti anxiety and anti depression med ... however it is not advertised as such. Anyway, just thought I would mention it, cause I no longer take ativan or xanax or valium ... just 150mg welbutrin and 600mg gabapentin and bam I am back to my old self. All that talking to a psychologist for me is bullshit ... my issue is chemical ... doctors can really screw up on prescribing anti anxiety meds cause all they think of are ssri's. Two of my friends told me they were having real problems with effexor (ssri) ... said they were drug out and didn't want to do anything. I gave them a week supply of gabapentin ( I told the doc I used 1200mg a day so she prescribed that and I only take 600mg- why not stockpile). Both of them love it ... brought them right out of their anxiety issues.

Shit dude, that's awesome. My doctor prescribed me gabapentin for residual nerve pain. I tried pregabalin before and that shit fucked me up. so I was holding off. SSRI's are garbage, although they work for some. I too take 150mg of Welbutrin. Love the stuff. As for the gaba, I've been reluctant to take it, as I can't afford to waste valuable time, but it sounds like it might work better than I anticipated. I'll give it a shot in a few days. Thanks for the post.

Shit dude, that's awesome. My doctor prescribed me gabapentin for residual nerve pain. I tried pregabalin before and that shit fucked me up. so I was holding off. SSRI's are garbage, although they work for some. I too take 150mg of Welbutrin. Love the stuff. As for the gaba, I've been reluctant to take it, as I can't afford to waste valuable time, but it sounds like it might work better than I anticipated. I'll give it a shot in a few days. Thanks for the post.

I was prescribed gabapentin years ago for insomnia. It worked well enough for that, taken as needed. Just keep an eye out for symptoms of low blood pressure, it can cause a drop and make you dizzy/ light-headed. I had to stop taking it because of this.