Bulking Tips

OTFJOEY

Trusted Member
Want to do another one of these after for cutting as well… all of your secrets ; share them!

I’ll start:
-fats are important to even a lean bulk phase
-red meat is your friend; as is white rice (for most)
-fist sized portions (more meals for a lean bulk for me)
- 6 meals per day
- “Dirty bulk” is not necessary to get big, fast.
- high doses aren’t necessary (more of a juice tip, but pointing out a gram+ of test is not necessary)

No magic to getting bigger and you don't have to add in specific types of gear. You can do it on TRT or without any.

1. Increase your carbs vs fats and protein.
2. Eat more - increase your calories. I'm not much for getting fat so I don't increase by more than 10% at a time and reassess.
3. Training - everyone responds differently so I won't bore anyone here as some respond to heavy weights and some respond to reps but without a doubt do more compound movements like squats, deadlifts, bench variations, bent rows, shoulder presses, etc. When I want to gain weight I lift less often and EOD is more than enough but I don't take much gear.
4. Progressive overload - increase something every workout. Weight you lift, reps, TUT, etc. but listen to your body and when it tells you to take a few days do it.

Oh ya for me it’s definitely LIFT HEAVIER; SHORTER REP RANGE , assisted reps give me growth too although I’m not big on using a spotter. It’s very rare I do

In a steroid sense; do some of you guys up your test dose on a bulk? Say simple protocols with only two compounds high dose deca, high dose test sort of deal.

Liquid calories like whole milk is a good way to get down more calories and nutrients, as well as a great source of electrolytes / iodine.
I did milk for 20 years. Then one day my guts said no. Painfully coupious amounts of gas. Nothing helps, I tried it all, that was the easiest way to get in calories and protien.

No magic to getting bigger and you don't have to add in specific types of gear. You can do it on TRT or without any.

1. Increase your carbs vs fats and protein.
2. Eat more - increase your calories. I'm not much for getting fat so I don't increase by more than 10% at a time and reassess.
3. Training - everyone responds differently so I won't bore anyone here as some respond to heavy weights and some respond to reps but without a doubt do more compound movements like squats, deadlifts, bench variations, bent rows, shoulder presses, etc. When I want to gain weight I lift less often and EOD is more than enough but I don't take much gear.
4. Progressive overload - increase something every workout. Weight you lift, reps, TUT, etc. but listen to your body and when it tells you to take a few days do it.
I am quite close to @Goldenrod
1. I add a bit more carb but not a lot cause I don't like sugar, bread, pasta, starch and a lot of processed foods... I like seafood... smoked oysters, salmon, shrimp, haddock ... lots of eggs... some veggies, some fruits and lots of meats... I eat a bit more as I train harder and heavier during muscle gaining time (bulk)
2)Compound movements all the way listed like @Goldenrod and when the weight gets easier I increase lbs to stay within a 3 to 5 rep range after warm ups
3)Progressive over load all the way.
Which in my mind is forced reps, rest pause, increasing weight
4)I add a little tren to that test but not a lot ... just to get the fire burning a bit more.

Last edited:
In a steroid sense; do some of you guys up your test dose on a bulk? Say simple protocols with only two compounds high dose deca, high dose test sort of deal.
Deca was always my favourite to build mass but about 4-5 years ago I started to get the deca sides so that ended that.

I truly feel eating a small surplus with higher protein is the best way to bulk. Just jamming in calories will add mass but it will be like jelly.

Weird, hope I don’t experience that. I love milk lol.
Like @Sorbate, I had to give up dairy due to stomach pain. I ate too much cottage cheese and greek yogurt and like a glass of milk with a few tablespoons of a nut butter before bed. Hopefully, I can incorporate a little back in but it wasn't worth it to me with the pain, gas, bloating, etc.

Like @Sorbate, I had to give up dairy due to stomach pain. I ate too much cottage cheese and greek yogurt and like a glass of milk with a few tablespoons of a nut butter before bed. Hopefully, I can incorporate a little back in but it wasn't worth it to me with the pain, gas, bloating, etc.

Have you guys ever heard of A1 / A2 classes of milk? A1 is what is common in Canada/USA, but apparently A2 milk is supposed to be much easier to digest for a lot of people, and has other benefits vs A1. Although it is a bit more pricey, it's something worth looking into. A lot of grocery stores do carry it in an A2 section of dairy.

Have you guys ever heard of A1 / A2 classes of milk? A1 is what is common in Canada/USA, but apparently A2 milk is supposed to be much easier to digest for a lot of people, and has other benefits vs A1. Although it is a bit more pricey, it's something worth looking into. A lot of grocery stores do carry it in an A2 section of dairy.
Would goat milk be A2 class, do you know?

Tried literally everything.
I believe they changed the way they process, or the feed, or a hormone and it blows my guts apart.
Now, drinking 2 litres of milk a day used to give me gas obviously, but it changed into a copious amounts of gas mixed with a smell that had cats run and your wife threaten no sex ever again. It would start to get bad in the afternoon, and hit full bore after dinner while I trained. It was actually painful.

I stopped and was fine, just had to figure out another way.

No but I can drink goats milk. It is just hard to find or good tasting is hard to find. I grew up on goats milk and it was delicious. Based on the amount of pain and bloating I was having I just said F it and quit all dairy. I can have a little cheese for some reason in a sandwich or pizza.
thanks for the tip all the same!