boxing as self defence

Best defense is the law. Mentioning assault and jail time always takes the wind out of some one who's obnoxious. lol.
Everything is relative when it comes to self defense and offense so being well rounded is probably your best bet. You can harden and thicken you bones to take more impact and lessen your hands to injury it's been proven. I find that the guys that do not have good boxing skills usually come out on the losing end of the UFC. Good boxing skill and good take down defense ends up with a win. I was in the fight game/sport for 15 years. Awesome workout, very cerebral (especially sparring), and it was a lot of fun. Best shape I have been in my life.
The best defence is the Law ? Tell that to this guy someone stuck there finger in his eye and ate it where was the cops when this happened ? The cops were eating his brother

Attachments

• IMG_20201221_150202388.jpg
    IMG_20201221_150202388.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 9
The best defence is the Law ? Tell that to this guy someone stuck there finger in his eye and ate it where was the cops when this happened ? The cops were eating his brother
Yep certain part of our society just doesn't give a shit about the law...some guys have such a long history of getting into shit and going to jail that they aren't worried about an assault charge. What do you do in that case?

I hate fighting in all sense of the word and am very much lets talk this out kinda person but have found myself couple times in situations (once with a drunk person) that I had no choice but to defend and then quickly leave the area.

Yep certain part of our society just doesn't give a shit about the law...some guys have such a long history of getting into shit and going to jail that they aren't worried about an assault charge. What do you do in that case?

I hate fighting in all sense of the word and am very much lets talk this out kinda person but have found myself couple times in situations (once with a drunk person) that I had no choice but to defend and then quickly leave the area.
Yea I agree fully. I like to tell myself I would probably de escalate or even run away or walk away from a fight. But the issue is what if your family is with u and getting attacked your wife and child can't run and no way cops will be there on time to stop anything. I also think if I wasn't at least a little trained I would have a harder time walking away. Just in my own experience people I know people ans myself included would usually cause more shit when they have something to prove. Even proving it to ourselves. So ultimately yes train mma but avoid bjj as it's competition ground technique that if you try on concrete you'll crack your head open. I found Japanese jujitsu was sick. It was all judo throws, submissions and locks, chokes and neuro shutdown points or nerv strikes. Stuff for real life self defense

Last edited:
Haha ... I guess I don't hang in the places you hang. You always forget to read the rest of what someone has written. Obviously your not a person that is open to discussion as your either right or your shitting on what some one else has said. I am done with this thread while your still commenting. Not worth my time or effort. Signing off

Yea I agree fully. I like to tell myself I would probably de escalate or even run away or walk away from a fight. But the issue is what if your family is with u and getting attacked your wife and child can't run and no way cops will be there on time to stop anything. I also think if I wasn't at least a little trained I would have a harder time walking away. Just in my own experience people I know people ans myself included would usually cause more shit when they have something to prove. Even proving it to ourselves. So ultimately yes train mma but avoid bjj as it's competition ground technique that if you try on concrete you'll crack your head open. I found Japanese jujitsu was sick. It was all judo throws, submissions and locks, chokes and neuro shutdown points or nerv strikes. Stuff for real life self defense
Sometimes there is nothing you can do.

me, my grandson and my wife were walking downtown this summer and this crazy homeless person decided to follow us and yell at us about nonsense.
Anyhow he was on the building side, we were walking pretty fast, he was chasing right beside me screaming, I waited till there was a spot where it indented like 6 feet for a door and shoved him as hard as I could just as we were about to pass, he flew into the alcove and I can only assume bounced off the wall.
I looked back a couple times and he stopped chasing us, so it worked, lol.

Normally I would have ignored him, but he was scaring my wife.

Sometimes there is nothing you can do.

me, my grandson and my wife were walking downtown this summer and this crazy homeless person decided to follow us and yell at us about nonsense.
Anyhow he was on the building side, we were walking pretty fast, he was chasing right beside me screaming, I waited till there was a spot where it indented like 6 feet for a door and shoved him as hard as I could just as we were about to pass, he flew into the alcove and I can only assume bounced off the wall.
I looked back a couple times and he stopped chasing us, so it worked, lol.

Normally I would have ignored him, but he was scaring my wife.
Exactly. And canadian laws are descusting in terms of self defense I had a girlfriend working nights doing dangerous work personal support worker going to drug dens and helping shady people or even some of the old guys were perverts and nope she wasn't allowed Pepper spray or anything. Anything made to hurt a person is illegal

Exactly. And canadian laws are descusting in terms of self defense I had a girlfriend working nights doing dangerous work personal support worker going to drug dens and helping shady people or even some of the old guys were perverts and nope she wasn't allowed Pepper spray or anything. Anything made to hurt a person is illegal
It’s funny because those street drug abusers pepper spray each other, hit each other with batons and so on all the time.

I used to box many years ago and it’s good for street fighting in the sense that your comfortable with punching and you can usually set up your punches pretty easily but be prepared to break your hand . Best way is use dirty boxing in a street fight is my experience. Go for the liver shot , ends fight pretty quick and you don’t break your hand
Neck shot, most never block it, in front, side or back of neck, the world reels for awhile. I learned due to taking one in the neck one time..Holy shiznit.
Liver and solar plexis are great as well....

Neck shot, most never block it, in front, side or back of neck, the world reels for awhile. I learned due to taking one in the neck one time..Holy shiznit.
Liver and solar plexis are great as well....
I agree but only if the persons trying to kill you those shots you mentioned can be lethal in some cases. Your a crazy mother fucker man I hope you find some peace in your life or at least no random idiots mess with u. You definitely it'll know how to handle yourself

@ironwill I mean that with 100 % respect too. I would never fuck with you but I like to try to de-escalate as much as possible. Some junkie trying to take a wallet or a drunk guy at a party doesn't need to be obliterated lol that's more for if someone is literally trying to end you. Which does happen so I respect your abilities. I know that stuff too but it scares me thinking about what we could do at our own will.

I only feel a need to know it because someone else could know it too. If I could trade everything I know and have no one in the world no martial arts I'd do it in a heart beat. But I'm a pretty soft and warm person I've just been traumatized and fucked up way too much in my life

I only feel a need to know it because someone else could know it too. If I could trade everything I know and have no one in the world no martial arts I'd do it in a heart beat. But I'm a pretty soft and warm person I've just been traumatized and fucked up way too much in my life
Best to walk away . All you need is to punch someone, they fall back hit there head and die .. next thing you’re doing jail time for manslaughter over what ??? A drunk guy being a dick?? . I’m too old for that shit.. I just stay home these days