Boxe française.

The art of Savate ... a kicking art originating in France. Kicking is a very important aspect of self defense along with so many other skills such as boxing, thai boxing, jujitsu/aikido/hapkido , wrestling etc to round everything out. I left out all the weapon arts such as Kali, knife fighting, other weapons... which are another part of the story

Ballet? Awesome Annika.
Yes it was pretty amazing I miss ballet. I remember my favorite routine I used to do. I start from one side of the room behind the curtains run as fast as I can on stage then do two turns and then lift myself off the ground 4 feet and do a split in the air and then do two more turns to slow me down going back behind the curtains until it was time for me to get back on stage. I remember it was pitch black where all I can see is lights shining at me and I could not see the audience. I really miss it my instructor got mad at me for quitting she thought I had a lot more potential‘s. I remember the feeling of being in the air doing a split, it felt like impossible was possible.

Last edited:
Ballet is not exactly a very girly dance as what people assume of it to be. I remember taking off my ballet shoes and my toes were bleeding with toenails coming off, I remember that I had to do a lot of balance and have a lot of control of my whole body for super long time.

Ballet is not exactly a very girly dance as what people assume of it to be. I remember taking off my ballet shoes and my toes were bleeding with toenails coming off, I remember that I had to do a lot of balance and have a lot of control of my whole body for super long time.
I have watched ballet and the flexibilty the participants have is amazing. And to be able to stay up on your toes and hold your leg close to up over you head, well I could never imagine doing that. I know it would take hours upon hours of training to get that good. A lot of respect!!!