Bodybuilding related Changes for the last 20 years

Declan

Balls are overrated
Trusted Member
Due to the advancement of research, new studies, actual scientific experiments anecdotal inputs from the bodybuilding world; there have been a ton of changes, that most of us cannot cope up on which is proven, most recent or even factual.

Let's share what we have learned through our journey; from your gym lore at the locker rooms, readings from scientific paper or the musings of bodybuilders on their respective podcasts/YouTube channels.

I think it will immensely help keep the young ones ahead and learn from mistakes we did in the past.

Last edited:
I'll start.

What happened to the hate on DNP, I remember that moat forum vets discouraging anyone who is interested. It's used for dynamite production and people are overheating to death. This was early 2010s.

Now, I see even ugls selling it.

What happened to the hate on DNP, I remember that moat forum vets discouraging anyone who is interested. It's used for dynamite production and people are overheating to death. This was early 2010s.
DNP is definitely not for the beginner, or even a novice. Personally, I feel it to be safer than clen/t3 when used correctly. I know that's not the popular opinion, but when used in relatively low dose there really is no worry of overheating and death. I prefer that over taking anything that messes with literally your most important organ in your body... the heart. I will still discourage anybody from using DNP though until I feel they're at the level and more importantly have the maturity to use it safely.

The anabolic window ,for years I hit my meal exactly 15 minutes after they gym and an hour after that. Man I used to speed home and drive like an idiot just to eat on time. Now we know that the anabolic window isn’t actually a thing lmao.
IIFYM. Man the massive debates when this first started to be a thing. There was a guy who was 7% BF and absolutely jacked and all he ate was McDonald’s hitting his macros.
It’s still a debate but we have a lot more information about it now, whereas back in the day it was boiled chicken breast and plain brown rice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The anabolic window ,for years I hit my meal exactly 15 minutes after they gym and an hour after that. Man I used to speed home and drive like an idiot just to eat on time. Now we know that the anabolic window isn’t actually a thing lmao.
IIFYM. Man the massive debates when this first started to be a thing. There was a guy who was 7% BF and absolutely jacked and all he ate was McDonald’s hitting his macros.
It’s still a debate but we have a lot more information about it now, whereas back in the day it was boiled chicken breast and plain brown rice.

The introduction of fasting nowadays too. There is also paper supporting no difference between 6 small meals or 3 bigger meals on muscle gain and on fat loss. I can't find the study but that is what they mimic nowadays, it's just total calories rather than timing.

Way back in the day 1980ish it was all about fats, don’t think any of us knew what a carb even was. Glutes didn’t exist, ya you did squats but it was legs and upper body, that piece in between was an unknown.

Oh, and my docs nurse pinned me once a week.

Way back in the day 1980ish it was all about fats, don’t think any of us knew what a carb even was. Glutes didn’t exist, ya you did squats but it was legs and upper body, that piece in between was an unknown.

Oh, and my docs nurse pinned me once a week.

Yeah lol it’s funny watching pumping iron they just call
Em thighs

20 years? Man, fifty years ago, the main difference was injuries. If you were injured, you more or less rode it out with heating pads, maybe ice if you knew about it. If you were into wrestling or boxing, the main guidance on injury rehab was the trainer of the gym and his knowledge accumulated over years of training and teaching. Physiotherapists and RMTs didn't exist except for perhaps in hospitals.