Blood Pressure medication.

The_Night_King

Winter Is Here:
Trusted Member
I know this has been asked before.

But what medication are most of you on, how long have you been taking it, and have you seen any real side effects. Im debating if I need something new or wondering if mine is even working right for me.

Right now im only Avapro (300 mg) Some days bp is really high, but other days its in a good range. Idk, something makes me feel I need to switch medication. My dr did say a while back it is possible we may have to try something else.

Plus I hate the gut rot and minor side effects from it. Has anyone else taken this one ?

Trying to see what is best with less side effects and works well.

I know this has been asked before.

But what medication are most of you on, how long have you been taking it, and have you seen any real side effects. Im debating if I need something new or wondering if mine is even working right for me.

Right now im only Avapro (300 mg) Some days bp is really high, but other days its in a good range. Idk, something makes me feel I need to switch medication. My dr did say a while back it is possible we may have to try something else.

Plus I hate the gut rot and minor side effects from it. Has anyone else taken this one ?

Trying to see what is best with less side effects and works well.

For me very low dose of Ramipril, Metoprolol and Hydrochlorothiazide as well as a high dose of fishoil. Been on the meds for 10 or 15? years, no sides to report. The fishoil had the greatest effect but as I said it's a very high dose. I believe when you use a particular substance which has been isolated from the other things it is usually accompanied by you might as well class it as a drug, it fits certain definitions of "drug" at that point.

So my thought on this particular issue and remember I arn't no DR is that for a lot of folks high BP needs a many pronged approach, polypharmacy basically along with all the contributing diet and lifestyle factors. My GP agrees luckily for me. Of course this is not a one size fits all thing, if certain conditions are the primary cause then perhaps a bigger hammer is called for.

I've written about my fish oil dose and self study here before I'm sure. A search for fish oil with my handle tagged should get to them.

Also, not to be alarmist but I recall their was some kind of recall or something for Avapro within the last year or two in Canada, might be worth a look, I can't remember the deets.

Last edited:
I am on Coversyl 4mg. About 10 years. No sides. It is know as one of the lowest side effect BP meds.

That said i am going to as dr opinion on telmisartan next time i am in. Seems to have additional benefits for our lifestyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m on telmisartan at 80mg and amlodipine at 2.5mg a day.
My BP has been creeping up for a month or so. Currently revisiting my meds and the dosages. Been on this dose for almost 15 years now with no issues

I'm on 10mg Ramipril and 5 mg Amlodipine. I been doing this for about 5 years, and no noticeable sides. BP hovers around 120/60 nowadays.

I’m on 14mg perindo and 10mg of amlodip. My bp is running high currently so trying to figure out. This med was working ok…

Please keep in mind that if you have Sleep Apnea it must be treated or all the blood pressure medicine won't really work or help properly until that is in check.

I tired several medications at the same time and even kept increasing the dosages but the Sleep Apnea kept the blood pressure up.

Thank you & take care,

OD

Well the past week and a bit. My bp has been in the optimal range, and im barely even touching my meds. Idk what im doing different.

I started taking.

Grape Seed Extract
Garlic Tabs
Fish Oil

Been increasing potassium also.

275179876_992245921692627_2498335377440816118_n.jpg275280943_671032584214369_6267431726784820372_n.jpg275557914_516895869999374_3079001068748188779_n.jpg