BJJ in Manitoba?

Mano

Actual Greek God
Trusted Member
Looking for some advice on bjj gyms in Manitoba. I live in Winnipeg but travel lots with work so interested in anything across Manitoba. I never tried bjj but I'm a big ufc fan so I've wanted to try it for the last 20 years, just never had the opertunity. Thanks in advance.

I know you travel alot but if you live in peg go to Socius Brazilian Jiu-jitsu probably the best bjj school I've been to. If your going to thunderbay ON, I would try Leading Edge GYM it's another great place to learn. Then if you head West there's two places in Brandon MB. I like Artrainingcentre better then Wamma tbh but yeah have fun my dude it's an addicting sport.

I know you travel alot but if you live in peg go to Socius Brazilian Jiu-jitsu probably the best bjj school I've been to. If your going to thunderbay ON, I would try Leading Edge GYM it's another great place to learn. Then if you head West there's two places in Brandon MB. I like Artrainingcentre better then Wamma tbh but yeah have fun my dude it's an addicting sport.
How do these places work? Are they like gym memberships?

Yeah monthly payments or just a drop in fee. Most of the gyms ive been to are free the first class. Eventually you'll need a GI but for now I would just focus on getting your feet wet. If you like the sport enough then get one.

Yeah monthly payments or just a drop in fee. Most of the gyms ive been to are free the first class. Eventually you'll need a GI but for now I would just focus on getting your feet wet. If you like the sport enough then get one.
Sounds good. I'm going to contact a few of those places to see what they offer. Thanks

Since I'm currently in Brandon I reached out to Ar training but that was a dead end.... Some lady picked up the phone confirmed it was ar and I asked if they had bjj classes and she said no. Tried contacting wamma and have yet to hear back.. Maybe I gotta wait to get back to Winnipeg

Let me know if you want to try artrainingcentre. I'm there alot.
I mean I called them first based on the recommendation but for some reason they said they don't do classes.. When was the last time you were there?

I'll be here for the next few days at least. Any classes tomorrow? The one at wamma kicked my ass today and I'm itching for more