Big squating 800 lbs for 5 reps

I don't know if you are familiar with him, but he squatted a 1K+ in comp. with knee sleeves only ! Strong Dude.
I think I seen that video a while back. I did see the 938 lift that looked easy, I don't follow him. I watch mainly strongman and olympic lifting now. Got tired of watching powerlifting when the equipment started doing most of the lifting.

I think I seen that video a while back. I did see the 938 lift that looked easy, I don't follow him. I watch mainly strongman and olympic lifting now. Got tired of watching powerlifting when the equipment started doing most of the lifting.
The equipped divisions are slowly starting to disappear. People do not like it anymore.

Reactions: PGM
Makes me want to go rewatch some of my Ronnie Coleman training videos!!!💪🤜
Coleman moved impressive weight, but he was also cranked to the nines. A couple years back there was a guy at my gym who was just a natural beast, 6'4", 320lbs who deadlifted 820 for sets of 6-8 reps. By natural, I mean genetically gifted. Of course he took some gear, but not much. Had the guy wanted he could have been a veritable monster. Not that 320 isn't huge, but there's a guy who could easily be 40-50lbs heavier. Super nice guy, and a straight shooter. Helped my gf improve her deadlift.
For a big guy he could move really fast. It was obvious that he had an athletic background. That's the one thing I appreciate about powerlifting. A lot of those guy are far more well-rounded than the layman appreciates. Just look at the training regimens of defensive football players. A cornerback has to be strong, agile, fast, and explosive.
Summary, size and strength can certainly be impressive, but utility is where it's at. (In my humble opinion)

Coleman moved impressive weight, but he was also cranked to the nines. A couple years back there was a guy at my gym who was just a natural beast, 6'4", 320lbs who deadlifted 820 for sets of 6-8 reps. By natural, I mean genetically gifted. Of course he took some gear, but not much. Had the guy wanted he could have been a veritable monster. Not that 320 isn't huge, but there's a guy who could easily be 40-50lbs heavier. Super nice guy, and a straight shooter. Helped my gf improve her deadlift.
For a big guy he could move really fast. It was obvious that he had an athletic background. That's the one thing I appreciate about powerlifting. A lot of those guy are far more well-rounded than the layman appreciates. Just look at the training regimens of defensive football players. A cornerback has to be strong, agile, fast, and explosive.
Summary, size and strength can certainly be impressive, but utility is where it's at. (In my humble opinion)
This guy must have been one of the 5%er's (the gifted of our population), and 320 is not that heavy when u look at Thor and Shaw who are 440 450 lbs and are moving a little over a 1000 ... with straps ....still means their friggin strong. I competed in a number of PL competitions and PLer's are one of the nicest ppl you can meet. They will go out of their way to help you with your technique and would never shy away from talking to ya. And you look at the strongmen they are running with sacks of sand that weigh over 300 lbs, hugs anvils, and other implements. These guys are freaks of nature and it's cool to see them do what they do. If I see a real strong person in our gym I always go over and talk to them ... see how they are training, I learn something new every time.

Another group of ppl that impress the heck out of me are the olympic lifters, they are putting 300 to 400 lbs over their head in one pull and they are squatting the weight up with it over their heads, Now that is poetry in motion. The speed strength these guys have are amazing ... oversized legs and undersized upper body ... cause they are squatting all the time and the majority of their lifting power is coming from mid section and down.

I love watching strongman and I watched the 62kg mens olympic weightlifting last night. Love watching mens gymnastics, these guys have big upper bodies and no legs as all the events require upper body strength. The things they can do on the rings that require shoulder and core strength are amazing.

I always wish I had some of that freak strength.... Ronnie is one of my heroes... but seeing the shape he is in now. My heart breaks for him.
What he put his body through... and he says he would do it all again.. no regrets... that's what being champ meant to him!!
The guys has a heart of gold! Dedication beyond words.
Long live Ronnie!!!

Yep Ronnie has undergone hip replacements and they were not very successful, he has a lot of nerve pain due to the heavy lifting as well. No one could stand up to Ronnie at the end of his carrier if he was in shape on stage... He was humungous. I think it all comes down to fate (genetics). Look at Kaz he lifted heavy all his life and none of that happened to him as he aged, Ed Coan is still healthy as well. It just comes down to genetic make up. Strength is good but If your always lifting up around 90 to 100% of your 1 rep max you may have some chronic problems when you age, I don't wish that on anyone.

He is a large lad and he gets pretty low for the first 3 squats a little higher on last 2 but its 800lbs and not lifting suit

I love real full iron weights the real ones not these rubbery ones they got going at most places :(...but at least your aloud being loud as u gotta be around here in the maritimes during workout extreme ones

Yep Ronnie has undergone hip replacements and they were not very successful, he has a lot of nerve pain due to the heavy lifting as well. No one could stand up to Ronnie at the end of his carrier if he was in shape on stage... He was humungous. I think it all comes down to fate (genetics). Look at Kaz he lifted heavy all his life and none of that happened to him as he aged, Ed Coan is still healthy as well. It just comes down to genetic make up. Strength is good but If your always lifting up around 90 to 100% of your 1 rep max you may have some chronic problems when you age, I don't wish that on anyone.
That a lotta weight all I kept thinking was he’s gonna be feeling great later that day/night