BFR Training

I am not sure I understand what you're asking but I have used BFR for both arm and quad training if you have questions!

I am not sure I understand what you're asking but I have used BFR for both arm and quad training if you have questions!
Yes sorry, I was wondering specifically if the claims below were experienced with the lighter loads. I experimented a bit doing squats yesterday by wrapping my upper thigh but it didn't feel good so I went back to regular squats.
  • Increase strength with only 30% loads
  • Increase hypertrophy (the growth and increase of the size of muscle cells) with only 30% loads
  • Improve muscle endurance in 1/3 the time.

Yes sorry, I was wondering specifically if the claims below were experienced with the lighter loads. I experimented a bit doing squats yesterday by wrapping my upper thigh but it didn't feel good so I went back to regular squats.
  • Increase strength with only 30% loads
  • Increase hypertrophy (the growth and increase of the size of muscle cells) with only 30% loads
  • Improve muscle endurance in 1/3 the time.
My personal experience and opinion is that BFR is a cool tool to utilize here and there for a new stimulus. Personally I would not use it for compound movements because it gets difficult to maintain other variables with your blodflow restricted. It can be very difficult to rerack the weight after a set of BFR squats when your quads are so full of blood.

When I use it, I usually do it for isolation work on biceps. triceps and calves. The research I have seen does seem to suggest some hypertrophy potential with BFR but I like to use it the same way I use drop sets, rest pause, etc. Just another intensity technique to get a new stimulus when things are stalling!

No experience personally but I'll share an opinion - Risk/Benefit ratio is unfavorable and permanent hypertrophy above what can be attained through more conventional means is very doubtful without specialized equipment and skilled technique with said equipment.

TLDR - Waste of time if not used with expert precision which is not available to the average Joe, chances of guessing right with any consistency are slim to none.

No experience personally but I'll share an opinion - Risk/Benefit ratio is unfavorable and permanent hypertrophy above what can be attained through more conventional means is very doubtful without specialized equipment and skilled technique with said equipment.

TLDR - Waste of time if not used with expert precision which is not available to the average Joe, chances of guessing right with any consistency are slim to none.
Honestly this is probably the best answer. It is much more effective with a partner who can help you restrict the blood flow and know where to put the cuffs. It can be cool to see a juicy pump from it but yeah for most people, not worth it.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk