Best appetite suppressor?

torhec

Trusted Member
Hi guys,

What is the best appetite suppressor? (sorry in advance if this questions has already been asked)

i found things like meridia works but it doesnt take long for your body to get used to it. Then it doesnt work at all.
If you just take it on say friday and saturday nights then it should continue to work well.
But if you feel you need things like this everyday then something is off and needs to be addressed

Water is great!

But also ephedrine and caffeine are crazy appetite suppressant for me. Will definitely be utilizing that when my cals get lower on prep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

said it before I could - willpower. Seriously, but I also find drinking a lot of water helps.

Something I have struggled to understand all my life is the difficulty humans have when it comes to not doing something. I understand struggling mentally with doing something though.

Lets say the best path to my goals includes a diet with 5 1000cal meals. I can get sick of the effort and discomfort this requires and that makes sense to me. I might need to drum up some zest to overcome my lack of enthusiasm and make the effort to cook, clean and choke that next meal down rather than take the much easier path of doing nothing. Obviously not the most efficient path towards my goal though.

On the flip side if my goals require caloric restriction what effort does it take to do nothing ? Literally nothing. I don't need to source food by going into the kitchen. Don't need to cook. Don't need to pick up that fork, open my mouth, chew etc etc.

Yes, willpower. I mean how bad do you want it? Bad enough to resist taking action?

PS - something else for the OP, not a joke, go brush your teeth. Some confluence of mentality and physiology occurs when you brush your teeth. Especially effective when used to end a feed that is getting excessive but also effective at putting off said feed before it starts.

What kinda diet are you on?

I've been doing keto/atkins type diet.. Super low carbs 24/7.. I am rarely hungry, yet losing fat steadily. No carbs= no blood sugar swings and less cravings/hunger.. Eating quality ntirent dense foods also helps.. Shit food/empty calorie foods just make you hungry and crave. If your chasing blood sugar swings it will be difficult no matter what.

Eating lots of green super low carb veggies with meals helps a lot to curb hunger.

eating some green veggies and a bit of fat between meals can help too.

You're serotonin lvls could possibly be low which would increase your appetite surprisingly enough. So you can boost your serotonin lvls by hitting the tanning booths, exercise regularly, stick with foods like salmon, chicken, turkey, eggs, spinach, seeds milk and soy products.
I know it sounds funny fixing your eating habits with eating HAHAA

Something I have struggled to understand all my life is the difficulty humans have when it comes to not doing something. I understand struggling mentally with doing something though.

Lets say the best path to my goals includes a diet with 5 1000cal meals. I can get sick of the effort and discomfort this requires and that makes sense to me. I might need to drum up some zest to overcome my lack of enthusiasm and make the effort to cook, clean and choke that next meal down rather than take the much easier path of doing nothing. Obviously not the most efficient path towards my goal though.

On the flip side if my goals require caloric restriction what effort does it take to do nothing ? Literally nothing. I don't need to source food by going into the kitchen. Don't need to cook. Don't need to pick up that fork, open my mouth, chew etc etc.

Yes, willpower. I mean how bad do you want it? Bad enough to resist taking action?
well said @gondar1 - I don't understand some of the issues people list. If you are healthy enough and not injured - want to gain weight, lift weights and eat and you will grow. I don't care what kind of equipment you have or what system you use - if you lift progressively heavier weights and give the body fuel to manage this, you will grow. Obviously, experts have found efficient ways to do it but the aforementioned statement doesn't change.
I grew up on a farm and the men in the fishing/farming village were big and strong. They all spent the day lifting heavy items and came home 3 times to eat huge meals plus their huge breakfast to hold them over till lunch. I know this because growing up, they hired me to work with them on wharf, in the field cutting wood, putting hay in the barns, etc. and this was before there was enough equipment to do the work before you. Yes, I am in my 40's.

If you do that work and don't eat those big/frequent meals, you lose size but look muscular.

What kinda diet are you on?

I've been doing keto/atkins type diet.. Super low carbs 24/7.. I am rarely hungry, yet losing fat steadily. No carbs= no blood sugar swings and less cravings/hunger.. Eating quality ntirent dense foods also helps.. Shit food/empty calorie foods just make you hungry and crave. If your chasing blood sugar swings it will be difficult no matter what.

Eating lots of green super low carb veggies with meals helps a lot to curb hunger.

eating some green veggies and a bit of fat between meals can help too.
I noticed this also. If my first meal has too many carbs my appetite for the day would be insatiable.

Carbonated water and fibre.
I usually allow myself like 2 potato chips a day.
I don’t mind the hungry feeling. I can actually run harder at work like that.