Avoiding injuries

Taureau

Administrator
lets all chip in our two cents and share tips you have learned over the years that you do to avoid injuries

can be as simple as doing certain stretching before lifting or your tip might be more complex

either way this would be good information to gather

Started running tb-500 anytime I push the anabolics higher. That and low dose gh or mk677. I run bpc-157 if i start to feel any of my injuries acting up as well.

In case anybody wants to run these compounds, I've heard but haven't confirmed this myself that tb can raise red blood cell count, something to keep an eye on. And while using mk or gh it's important to check you fasted blood glucose in the morning.

Stay away from power tools ... lol. I use a lot of methods of injury avoidence ... warming up sufficiently, train what is not sore,, if something is injured ,,, stay away from that area until it heals and train other areas, Stretch after weights, I use bands and martial arts leg stretcher primarily. Deep massage once a month. I use a rumble roller (hard knobby roller) to roll out knots and tight spots in my lower body. I use trigger point balls to work out tightness in my forearms, tri's, shoulders.

I can be as safe as possible in the gym and rarely get hurt.. but at home i will reach to grab something or move a certain way and tweak something..lol

Advice I haven't always taken myself, if something feels off or painful after a rep or set, shut it down right away. It feels horrible in the moment to have to skip a bodypart or end a workout early but if something feels weird, you're much better off in the long run in playing it safe. Maybe it's nothing and you just needed a little more warm up or maybe you would have torn a muscle if you continued.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

Advice I haven't always taken myself, if something feels off or painful after a rep or set, shut it down right away. It feels horrible in the moment to have to skip a bodypart or end a workout early but if something feels weird, you're much better off in the long run in playing it safe. Maybe it's nothing and you just needed a little more warm up or maybe you would have torn a muscle if you continued.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk
I put this into practice all the time, but I've had plenty of times when I felt fine only to be crushed the next day due to a massive flare up of inflammation. I love weights, but with the warmer weather I tend to gravitate more to hiking and high intensity interval cycling.

The only piece of advice I would add would be to still try and move, not allow yourself to lie around. I find a small amount of movement is far better than none.

Make sure to include lots of rotator cuff exercises and keep your shoulders healthy as possible, since its the most common injury among lifters. Take a light day, consider it a rest day, to just work on shoulder mobility, rear delts, rotator cuff strength.