arms going numb when I sleep

Mine did this so bad i was getting broken blood vessels as well both hands id have to shake them frequently,the fix for this was fixing my thyroid.
This happens to me with the hands. I sleep usually with my hand under the side of my face (pillow im between-on my side), and usually wake up with numb hands and a sore wrist, I know I move a lot in my sleep, so the numbness wouldn’t be just from the weight of my head with a pillow cushioning it. I was told by an RMT how to sleep with a pillow between your legs, and make sure the pillow is keeping your neck in line with the rest of your spine, this I still don’t know exactly what to do with my hands but it’s improved my lower back pain tenfold

One of the things my chiro asked me when I first started with him is do my arms go numb when I sleep. At the time I was going in for muscle knots in my arm and some shoulder pain.

At the time, without giving it much thought I told him occasioanlly I wake up with numb arms but i didn't think it was bad.

I've been paying attention lately when I wake up and for the most part, whatever side I woke up on has a numb arm. So if I wake up laying on my left side, my left arm is numb/tingly.

Chiro said if this is happening than my issues coudl be made worse by not getting proper currculation while I sleep.

Anyone else have this issue?

Chiro said sleeping on the back is without a doubt the healthiest...
I've never been able to sleep on my back. I can only really sleep on my side.

Anyone have luck training themselves to sleep on their back?
I get this when i get neck and trap issues, that and spasms in my traps down to my shoulder. Then at night arm numbness. Generally when i am larger in size, the smallest i get is around 250 these days and when up around 280 this happens.
We go through beds like socks...I have got a 4000 dollar mattress that the memory foam develops alzheimers and any chiro mattresses or any these days get divits where i sleep in short order, i rotate them on a bi weekly basis, and still wont last at all. So now we have ten year warrantees on mattresses and just switch them out at the brick.

After a godamn life evaluation and pictures and measurements from every angle and giving a plethora of emails back and forth. Just picking up out 3rd one on this warrantee on Tuesday again.

They leave us with old mattress and now i have 5 king sized mattresses in the shed wrapped in plastic that look brand new except they make you cut off the tags and a circle out of the cover anywhere the size of a hand to bring in with you to get the new mattress, and you have to purchase a new boxsprings..Stupidity but its the rules.
So i keep cutting the top off in a circle the size of a hand from the same mattress and the others are just missing the tags...lol
Ill may be never use them again but i hate throwing away a 4 g mattress that has alzheimers as the foam lost its memory.

They dont make em like the used to AI.

This was happening to me. Typically my left arm to the point i would have to grab it with my other hand to move my arm. I was concerned but doctor told me its because my arms were big. Moron. About a year later, still happening, was falling asleep mid day. Sleep test showed severe case of sleep apnea. Over 60 times per hour for ten seconds or more each time no breathing. I mentioned the arm numbness and they said i was likely close to a heart attack. Sent me for testing and heart looked ok. After i got my cpap and was used to it and could wear all night, my arm stopped going numb. Been over 4 years now.
Id be whacking off constantly pretending it was someone elses hand....lol

I found this video pretty informative and supports your suggestion that our ancestors and tribal people sleep on their side.
I personally prefer to sleep on my back and usually fall asleep in this position. But I always wake up on my side. I'm also a hot sleeper and I move around to the cool spots.
you do have to consider our ancestors probably didnt get to eat everyday didnt weigh over 220lb or suffer drug induced fluid retention

you do have to consider our ancestors probably didnt get to eat everyday didnt weigh over 220lb or suffer drug induced fluid retention
You're absolutely right. Not to mention being constantly bombarded by air pollution and radio waves.
I'd still like to think I'm better off abiding by ancestral ways.

Bumping this thread because I started having this issue myself. Figured it was just the ganglion cyst but after trying some of the nerve stretching from the video posted.. I cant even do them.. my wrist and arms are not that flexible. So Thats most likely my issue

Bumping this thread because I started having this issue myself. Figured it was just the ganglion cyst but after trying some of the nerve stretching from the video posted.. I cant even do them.. my wrist and arms are not that flexible. So Thats most likely my issue

I had that a few years ago. Turned out to be a pinch ulnar nerve. Look up flossing and ulnar nerve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a herniated disk last year and beyond the back pain this was an issue for me. Even sleeping on my back I'd wake up and both arms would be numb and very weak.