Are you an adrenaline trainer or a calm trainer?

On average days Do you like to train with your adrenaline going or do you like it calm and quiet?

• Adrenaline/pumped up psychologically/Anger

• Calm and peaceful

Results are only viewable after voting.
Could you show the literature that says less aggressive workouts result in more growth?

I dont want to be screamed at either, but if I'm going for a new pr. And I've got a buddy yelling "lift, drive, etc" I'm going to push harder than if it was just me. The metal gyms I enjoy because there's a sense of comradery compared to a more commercial gym.
It's not so much less aggressive workouts it's being in a calmer place more throughout the day. Aggression and stress release cortisol which is catabolic. People grow better the less stressed they are and their bodies are. Bodybuilders go to great lengths to reduce stress on their bodies. Obviously some adrenaline is good for lifting weights but someone running around like that all the time probably will have measurable differences. I don't have any studies on cortisol on hand but they're plenty.

stress also releases hgh testosterone.... that the whole point of training. stress and adaptation. you ever watch professional bbers or powerlifter train? its fkn nuts. these dudes diligently rest but they arent usually the chill type.

i am a chill guy but my PR were made with dudes standing around yelling. dont know why it works, but it does.

stress also releases hgh testosterone.... that the whole point of training. stress and adaptation. you ever watch professional bbers or powerlifter train? its fkn nuts. these dudes diligently rest but they arent usually the chill type.

i am a chill guy but my PR were made with dudes standing around yelling. dont know why it works, but it does.
I didn't properly represent what I meant by calm. I have seen some people at the gym who get way to worked up and excited. I also see people who are not strong at all (they are a perfectly healthy person lifting 25lbs in dead lift on a smith machine) screaming and yelling and getting worked up and they are jumping around and psyching themselves out and almost acting like children.

The way professional body builders train usually is calm in my mind, its not sit on the porch with grandpa calm but it is quite different and almost controlled. I don't see Jay Cutler, Ronnie Coleman, Lee Priest or other less known people so worked up that they look like they are dancing around and stuff. They aren't just moving the weight either.

I feel like there is a certain amount of adrenaline that really works and also maybe yelling and being angry helps people focus more too so that would be very helpful.

The way professional body builders train usually is calm in my mind, its not sit on the porch with grandpa calm but it is quite different and almost controlled. I don't see Jay Cutler, Ronnie Coleman, Lee Priest or other less known people so worked up that they look like they are dancing around and stuff. They aren't just moving the weight either.
I'm starting to wonder if some of these words mean different things in different parts of the country?

So if this is calm.....

I'm now genuinely curious what pumped up looks like.

I feel there are different kinds of stress.

If you're amping yourself up to workout, getting fired up, are enjoying yourself, having a good workout as a result, I dont think cortisol is an issue. If it is then so be it (hopefully the tren counteracts it)

Daily stress like work, bills, health, kids, etc (lifes boot on your neck) that's the stress you need to distract yourself from as impossible to completely avoid. That's where cortisol comes from

The guy pushing light weight and over exerting himself is putting as much effort as you are when you’re training with heavier weights. So it’s completely relative, please don’t hate on people who are weaker and less experienced. There was a time when everyone was starting out, when everyone was learning step by step.

I understand some people behave like monkeys at gyms and you’re annoyed, and you have a right to be. But those people are there to make progress just like you and they do it in their own way. All this condescending behaviour at gyms makes people quit and build a negative image in their heads about gym goers.

As for being calm or amped up at the gym, I think you’re confusing being calm and being focused. If being calm worked we’d all be popping beta blockers and CNS depressants instead of preworkout drinks filled with stimulants.

I would consider Ronnie pretty darn cool headed, he isn't shaking, he doesn't look like he is going to pee himself and he is cool and collected. I have seen that guy screaming who does weird lifts before and it is something I will never forget. I am all for getting stronger at in-between movements so that you are not failing at say the first part of a pull up but rather the muscles you are trying to target most are failing but this guy is doing a whole other thing but if its what he loves then whatever.

I understand what you mean entropy and I do not make fun of the guys who are lifting lighter weights. I am the guy who stops others from making fun. I don't want to be that guy who forgot that I started with the pink weights as well. It is like people who forget they were a kid or that they were acting messed up when they went out on a bender. But I absolutely do not agree that the guy pushing light weight is putting in as much effort or doing the same thing as someone who is dead lifting or squatting over 500lbs. When someone gets to heavier weights different muscles are used and you are also pushing your tendons, bones and muscle connective tissue a heck of a lot more and you can feel that. If you have ever grabbed two 120lb dumbells off the rack and laid down to do a decline benchpress with them you know just getting into position requires a lot of effort as does sitting up with them. Each micromovement is like doing another exercise almost.

You probably don't have to shriek at the top of your lungs lifting the pink weights. I do not want all gyms to become like planet fitness nor do I want gyms to become the place where you have full in-depth conversations about life and drama while you're working out because they are just moving the weight and not using it. I like my mind to be clear so I can focus completely on the lift. Usually I do that with hard rock, metal or a beat I can get into or I need things to be quiet not hearing someone say, "sooo uhh I got these socks the other day and I found a string coming out of them and I don't know what to do? What should I do? Should I return them? What do you think? Why aren't you talking to me? Geez your rude."

For me it’s controlled aggression. Not screaming and carrying on like an maniac but still pumped up in my own zone with the right music and mindset before each lift.

I miss the go-all-out, mentally amping you adrenaline and lifting crazy days. Good luck finding a gym that allows you to so much as strain yourself lifting heavy. You'll have pussies giving you weird looks, whispering in the distance, and then being asked

being calm and relaxed allows your body to grow more
Could you show the literature that says less aggressive workouts result in more growth?

You'll find it Dr. Strange's book of Mystyc Arts, volume 1

I would consider Ronnie pretty darn cool headed, he isn't shaking, he doesn't look like he is going to pee himself and he is cool and collected. I have seen that guy screaming who does weird lifts before and it is something I will never forget. I am all for getting stronger at in-between movements so that you are not failing at say the first part of a pull up but rather the muscles you are trying to target most are failing but this guy is doing a whole other thing but if its what he loves then whatever.

I understand what you mean entropy and I do not make fun of the guys who are lifting lighter weights. I am the guy who stops others from making fun. I don't want to be that guy who forgot that I started with the pink weights as well. It is like people who forget they were a kid or that they were acting messed up when they went out on a bender. But I absolutely do not agree that the guy pushing light weight is putting in as much effort or doing the same thing as someone who is dead lifting or squatting over 500lbs. When someone gets to heavier weights different muscles are used and you are also pushing your tendons, bones and muscle connective tissue a heck of a lot more and you can feel that. If you have ever grabbed two 120lb dumbells off the rack and laid down to do a decline benchpress with them you know just getting into position requires a lot of effort as does sitting up with them. Each micromovement is like doing another exercise almost.

You probably don't have to shriek at the top of your lungs lifting the pink weights. I do not want all gyms to become like planet fitness nor do I want gyms to become the place where you have full in-depth conversations about life and drama while you're working out because they are just moving the weight and not using it. I like my mind to be clear so I can focus completely on the lift. Usually I do that with hard rock, metal or a beat I can get into or I need things to be quiet not hearing someone say, "sooo uhh I got these socks the other day and I found a string coming out of them and I don't know what to do? What should I do? Should I return them? What do you think? Why aren't you talking to me? Geez your rude."
I got you now bro. Some people are real meanies that do forget.

Yeah a 500lb lift is gonna place a lot more stress than lighter weight so I’m gonna agree on the too much exertion. Some people DO do it annoyingly and unnecessarily.

So that brings us to the people talking shit when you’re lifting heavy..... of course lots of people like to gossip, especially the ones that use the gym just to go and socialize. All the looks. You know you’re not bothering anyone in your corner working out but can still feel the hate around. I once caught some fat fuck and the new receptionist talking shit behind my back when I was a new registered member and the shit talk was about me driving a car being old and having a student membership. They were saying I was a liar and shit and immediately stopped when I approached to get some wash cloths for equipment. I gave them both a smile lol

My favourite part is the T-shirt getting ripped apart.

I miss the go-all-out, mentally amping you adrenaline and lifting crazy days. Good luck finding a gym that allows you to so much as strain yourself lifting heavy. You'll have pussies giving you weird looks, whispering in the distance, and then being asked

You'll find it Dr. Strange's book of Mystyc Arts, volume 1
Those gyms are the awkward ones I don't like. It's like the car meets that people only bring stock corollas, Camrys and Teslas too. Usually those are the same places with the immigrants doing nearly upside down vertical decline benchpress with two east Indian guys hanging off their legs and when they lift it's not the guy lifting that is screaming like the video of that guy. Seeing what I described was what sparked me to create this thread lol. I've seen dozens of things like that.

What's awful is personal trainers dissing their own clients but usually that is the franchise gym PT.

You need to find a pro in your area that owns a gym.

I got you now bro. Some people are real meanies that do forget.

Yeah a 500lb lift is gonna place a lot more stress than lighter weight so I’m gonna agree on the too much exertion. Some people DO do it annoyingly and unnecessarily.

So that brings us to the people talking shit when you’re lifting heavy..... of course lots of people like to gossip, especially the ones that use the gym just to go and socialize. All the looks. You know you’re not bothering anyone in your corner working out but can still feel the hate around. I once caught some fat fuck and the new receptionist talking shit behind my back when I was a new registered member and the shit talk was about me driving a car being old and having a student membership. They were saying I was a liar and shit and immediately stopped when I approached to get some wash cloths for equipment. I gave them both a smile lol
Fuckin’ cocksuckers man.