Anytime Fitness

Brbpuppy

Trusted Member
Hey folks, Just wanted to see if I could get any opinions on Anytime Fitness. Considering purchasing a membership as there are a few positives over other gyms. The rates are decent, its 24/7, and they have locations spread across the province which you can access as well. I understand they don't have much for powerlifting setups and stuff, but it looks like they have everything I really need at a significantly cheaper membership cost vs places like Goodlife, LA Fitness, or others...

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks guys,

Isnt it only like 10 or 15 bucks a month? A young fella i worked with was paying something crazy like that. Maybe a student rate

Isnt it only like 10 or 15 bucks a month? A young fella i worked with was paying something crazy like that. Maybe a student rate
I know they have special rates for First Responders, not sure about students. That might be bi-weekly though? I know they give the option of either bi-weekly or monthly bill. Or perhaps it depends which location / province. The quote I got for a 24 month contract was around $42 per month. Then they have an annual enhancement charge of like, $20 once per year. They have a promo right now where the first month is free if you sign up for 24 months. Eh, if I can save a few bucks why not.

Ive been at goodlife since 98 and im still paying 18buck every 2 weeks. I think they forgot about me
My wifes fees are a lot higher

Dang, must be nice. Check their new rates, a Gold Membership (where you can access any club) is like $35 bi-weekly...

One by me is convenient but not enough equipment. Only one leg press, no squat rack, dumbbells on to 80s, one bench, one seated row/pulldown.

Have to wait for a single piece of equipment often. Went there for about a month or two and then just moved on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One by me is convenient but not enough equipment. Only one leg press, no squat rack, dumbbells on to 80s, one bench, one seated row/pulldown.

Have to wait for a single piece of equipment often. Went there for about a month or two and then just moved on

I guess they're all individually privately owned. The one I took a tour at had 3 squat racks. I didn't check the dumbbells, should of done that...

When I used to travel for work I had a membership as it was convenient. It's all depending on location.

If you stumble across a good one you'll find some Hammer strength plate loaded stuff. Unfortunately dumbells only go up to either 100 or 110.

Are you sure you are not thinking of Fit4Less?

Are you talking anytime or planet fitness?

Anytime is usually $60+ a month. I used to have I for work but now I just have a golds and planet fitness. Along with the occasional private gym.

They're not bad at all. Just ya usually only 1-2 power racks

I know they have special rates for First Responders, not sure about students. That might be bi-weekly though? I know they give the option of either bi-weekly or monthly bill. Or perhaps it depends which location / province. The quote I got for a 24 month contract was around $42 per month. Then they have an annual enhancement charge of like, $20 once per year. They have a promo right now where the first month is free if you sign up for 24 months. Eh, if I can save a few bucks why not.
What happens if you commit to 24 months and there is a hard lockdown? Are you released from the contract?

I have been a member for about 2 years. I am really happy there. I'll still try other gyms for drop in. However, I find the rates, the hygiene and the equipment are more than adequate. Additionally, its the friendliest bunch of people I have been among. All levels of training. During lockdown the membership was "On hold" afterwards you had 30 days to cancel or not.

We have an IFBB Pro retired and 1 active at the gym I belong to. Lots of varied equipment and plenty of plates and bars.

theres an anytimefitness near where i lived, pretty much used them since 2014 and always went back, don't think i can go back to using a regular gym, 24/7 gyms are nice
some pros and cons

pros:
very few people, at least at my location
rules enforced to put weights away (saves having to unrack a fully loaded leg press to warm up)
24/7 open during holidays

cons:
smaller/less machines

surprisingly I am in thailand now and there is an anytime fitness right by where i am, didn't even know they were international, wonder if my Canadian membership would work here

When I used to travel for work I had a membership as it was convenient. It's all depending on location.

If you stumble across a good one you'll find some Hammer strength plate loaded stuff. Unfortunately dumbells only go up to either 100 or 110.

I actually pulled the trigger yesterday and signed up for 24 months. Dumbbells at that location go up to 150lbs. They have two pec decks, and a bunch a bunch of hammer strength machines. And after the first billing cycle, can access any gym 24/7, and they have like 10 different gyms in my city and surrounding towns.