Anyone vegan or vegitarian?

Bigbear

The Kodiak
Trusted Member
A few times every year I contemplate going vegan or vegetarian. It seems like a lot of benifets and not many draw backs. Worlds strongest man Patrik Baboumian is and when asked how he is as strong as an ox without meat he said when have you ever seen an ox eat meat? Cool catch phrase but the list of benifets are for real. Any thoughts or opinions?

A few times every year I contemplate going vegan or vegetarian. Thank god you've got this urge under control It seems like a lot of benifets and not many draw backs. This depends heavily on bias and biased interpretation of "facts", also the # of each + or - should not overide the total effect. Worlds strongest man Patrik Baboumian is and when asked how he is as strong as an ox without meat he said when have you ever seen an ox eat meat? Being strong like ox does not preclude the possibility of being smart like tractor. Countless lifters as well as other elite performers in all walks of life have risen to the top despite doing all kinds of shit "wrong" Cool catch phrase but the list of benifets are for real. So are the list of disadvantages, again biases naturally play a role. Any thoughts or opinions? Yes, you could probably guess my opinion by now but I don't think going V is generally the best route for any athlete or active person especially strength athletes

If someone want to do it for "moral" reasons then all the power to them. Just have to do a lot of homework to do this well.
For general health reasons, i dont buy it

If i only eat things that eat plants, am i a vegan? lol..jk
I have not ever thought of it, i would not be able to do so unless in a forced scenario, starving and alone in the middle of the mountains with plants and no one with me. If someone was with me, other than wife, id eat them fuckers as well before going vegan.
I get it and greatly respect it, and for me, it is a big no, Right now anyway.

There's actually a lot of stuff I've read I'm not saying I believe it all but I did want to ask you guys and see what people opinions were

Morally is another reason too I hate seeing animals die. Check out slaughter houses it's fucking heart breaking but I do love meat and we need excess protein. Just didn't know if anyone ventured down this rout, apparently good for a lot of reasons gut health, anti carcinogenic, heart healthy etc etc but you would need a lot of different recipes to get balanced nutrients

A few times every year I contemplate going vegan or vegetarian. It seems like a lot of benifets and not many draw backs. Worlds strongest man Patrik Baboumian is and when asked how he is as strong as an ox without meat he said when have you ever seen an ox eat meat? Cool catch phrase but the list of benifets are for real. Any thoughts or opinions?

Was mostly plant-based for about 8ish years. Graduated from that to eating fish and some seafood for the last 10ish years. So almost 20 years since I ate red meat or chicken. Things have come a long way since I first started. .it is a lot easier to do now and stay healthy than it was when I first started. I do believe it's a healthier lifestyle in general. I'm not against eating meat, if I ever were to do it again I would look for butchers like Sorbates (or what I picture his to be like) I definitely wouldn't be eating the shit you buy at superstore or Walmart. In my opinion, humans eating meat is not sustainable, it will collapse in my lifetime, or become something only wealthy people and farmers enjoy.

I'm 46 years old, most people guess my age at 35 or less. I haven't been sick in for as long as I can remember. I credit a large part of that to my diet.

Was mostly plant-based for about 8ish years. Graduated from that to eating fish and some seafood for the last 10ish years. So almost 20 years since I ate red meat or chicken. Things have come a long way since I first started. .it is a lot easier to do now and stay healthy than it was when I first started. I do believe it's a healthier lifestyle in general. I'm not against eating meat, if I ever were to do it again I would look for butchers like Sorbates (or what I picture his to be like) I definitely wouldn't be eating the shit you buy at superstore or Walmart. In my opinion, humans eating meat is not sustainable, it will collapse in my lifetime, or become something only wealthy people and farmers enjoy.

I'm 46 years old, most people guess my age at 35 or less. I haven't been sick in for as long as I can remember. I credit a large part of that to my diet.
Yea thats what I have read there's a lot of benifets people are unaware of. As long as your aware of any thing your deficient in and supplement it. I do love meat but I like learning about these things. It just came up recently my trt doc is vegan and was advising me on how to clean up my diet but said he couldn't suggest any meat products. It just reminded me of a few other meat free people I've known

I guarantee if i ate 45-55 grams of protein per day, i would not be the man i am today, muscular wise, i see and feel the difference going less than a gram per day.
There's no urine in our meats....I think thats some fact mongering..BUT hey wtf do i know, i should zip my lip as i have not tried it.

I will say this, i made a post similar to my response here about 8 years ago when some folks started fasting intermittently, i said id be smaller etc.
Guess what, i got older, i do fasting on a regular daily almost basis, i am better for it, physically even though almost 10 years older, and mentally and overall health.
I NEVER thought a decade ago i would say this, but i did it and am much better for it...

I guarantee if i ate 45-55 grams of protein per day, i would not be the man i am today, muscular wise, i see and feel the difference going less than a gram per day.
There's no urine in our meats....I think thats some fact mongering..BUT hey wtf do i know, i should zip my lip as i have not tried it.

I will say this, i made a post similar to my response here about 8 years ago when some folks started fasting intermittently, i said id be smaller etc.
Guess what, i got older, i do fasting on a regular daily almost basis, i am better for it, physically even though almost 10 years older, and mentally and overall health.
I NEVER thought a decade ago i would say this, but i did it and am much better for it...
The human diet evolves faster than any other "fad". Its crazy what is good today is garbage next year.

No man I love ur opinions I just put this out to get peoples input I don't know much about it but I think I'd try it out for a cycle say and see how it feels just for fun.yea I don't believe everything I read but I do take some of it into consideration. I know we need our 1g/1lb ratio but I have read studys that older people later who ate less protein lived longer lives. Not as young people though I'm talking retirement age and beyond. I just like hearing both sides of the arguments

Morally is another reason too I hate seeing animals die. Check out slaughter houses it's fucking heart breaking but I do love meat and we need excess protein. Just didn't know if anyone ventured down this rout, apparently good for a lot of reasons gut health, anti carcinogenic, heart healthy etc etc but you would need a lot of different recipes to get balanced nutrients

I am very unwilling to go deep on this subject unless face to face cause way too much typing but I'll drop a couple quick thoughts.
I have no problem with anyone choosing to eat whatever they personally want as long as they don't push it on me. Nothing personal here against anyone with a different view, just ramblin.

Farming plants fucks over and kills horrendous amounts of animals, that's not confined to slaughter houses. I don't have the stats on hand but they are out there if you search so for me the moral arguement is a wash. Most V's who argue this side have no apparent concern for the billions of animals killed and their environments destroyed by modern plant farming via machinery and chemicals. Smaller animals, insects, fish alone by the billions of tons of animal matter. Let alone the larger or more cuddly beasts.

Back to research and bias again for about the third time in as many days here but please consider that when viewing any "research". I do not recall EVER seeing a single study on this that was well done or meets the criteria of the scientific method very well that was not flawed due to variables. Epidemiological studies, studies based on self reporting, studies that do not take the entire diet into consideration should not be used to prop up any arguement for either side if we are trying to be 100% certain. Fuck that often cited China Study V's often like to bring up, maybe they should read the whole fucking thing before they try to tell anyone what it says.

And fuck PETA too, ever check out how much killing they do and endorse? Virtue signaling and bullshit spreading at it's worst. What kind of statement is "All protein comes from plants. Fact". Weak and ambiguous and meant to mislead, that's what kind of statement that is.
I assert that all protein comes from carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorous and sulphur. So what? And what now PETA?

The rest of that statement sucks too. I have a strong arguement for every single line in it. "Most people" are not extremely healthy either so what does the rest of that give us for value?

Carry on folks, my bbq is at temp, gotta go

I have no idea how someone lives vegan and feels good. Years ago I did an 8 week vegan cleanse. I was having some digestion issues so I decided to do it as a cleaning out of my system. A reset I guess you could say. I took all the proper supplements and everything.

For 6 weeks I felt amazing but, after that I felt like absolute shit. No energy, weak, brain function not optimal etc. As a cleanse I think its a smart idea every now and then but to go full out forever I think is ridiculous.

You can take all kind of supplements to make up for not eating meat but it's not the same as eating whole foods and it never will be.