Anyone running HCg in conjunction with their TRT?

TheBRM

I've seen plenty of talk of guys running it between TRT, or post TRT (in the event they're trying to have a child), but I'm seeing some talk of some running it in conjunction with their TRT.

Honestly, its a little embarrassing to say, but I'm reasoning isn't because I want any sort of added test boost, but I'd like to run it for aesthetic reasons. My harbles are the size of cherry tomatoes after being on TRT the last year and a half and I'd like to reconstitute some "volume" (in more ways than one) so to speak.

Any recommendations on dosage? Should I start lower, somewhere in the 500 iu range, split up twice a week, or would more be recommended since the testosterone will still be present in my system?

Last edited:
I’m 29.. I use hcg during to not have my hpta fully shut down when I come off 500iu every 3 days … for trt depends your goals if you blast and cruise and not planning to come off then I don’t see why you would.. you want a stable level of testosterone in your body and blood work will tell you that hence the doctor

Yeah if you blast some HCG ur nuts will grow back (very temporarily if you’re still on TRT) , I feel 500 iu is too low is that’s what ur trying to accomplish but like @FitTrader suggested I would say ask ur dr especially if he’s Giving you the TRT.

How old are you ?

Should consult doctor or endocrinologist
I'm 45...and I'm actually not doing this through my Dr. I've kind of just been experimenting with frequencies and dosages up till this point, based on how I feel. I do plan on getting bloods soon though, now that my work benefits are finally kicking in. I'm currently running 175mg/week split up over 3-shots. I haven't had any ill side effects to speak of (other than the shrinkage), though I may experiment with lower dosages to see if I can maintain the same effect, with less T on board.

Reactions: PGM
I have no idea what the proper protocol is. So in for comments. Im about to try this as well. But I can only pin for 2 weeks at a time. So my plan is 1000iu every 3 days until the bottle is gone , 5 shots. Then resume this in another month. Please dont follow my protocol as this is due to my restricted pin schedule..lol

Last edited:
I have no idea what the proper protocol is. So in gor comments. Im about to try this as well. But I can only pin for 2 weeks at a time. So my plan is 1000iu every 3 days until the bottle is gone , 5 shots. Then resume this in another month. Please dont follow my protocol as this is due to my restricted pin schedule..lol

For me, its going to be about taking as little as possible, to reach the desired effect. Partially, because it starts to get expensive after a while and partially because I'd like to try to regulate this, with as little outside interference to my system as I can.

I don't bodybuild or train like I'm in my 20's anymore, but I am still shooting for the optimum athletic physique and health levels. I tacked on a lot of weight last year during the peek of Covid....so I've been busy since the spring burning it off. I'm 6'3" and hovering right around 230lbs right now (I was as high as 260lbs last Novemember). Ideally, I may trim down to somewhere in the 210-215lb range....depending what the mirror tells me.

There are a lot of protocols and yes if taken with TRT, it will make your testes larger. I have tried 250 IU twice a week, 500 IU twice a week, and 1000 IU once a week and all worked but I don't blast/cruise.
If I was to pick one it would probably be 500 IU twice a week which is pretty much the same as @ABMonkey said but his protocol would keep a more stable amount in your system.

If your not trying to have children and have a steady partner, suggest asking them if they care about the size of your testicles.

I plan to run HCG every 3 months while on TRT. Just to wake my nuts up and keep them full/active. Basically, run 1 vile 3-4ish times a year. This is complete bro science and I really wouldn't have any way of telling if it's doing what I hypothesized unless I come off and get bloods.

I don't see the harm in trying HCG, some guys hate the way they feel on it tho.

I actually just started HCG yesterday and have never done it before. I have read about its hormonal impacts and a couple of my friends who have been doing gear for a long time said it also seemed to give them an upbeat feeling. From a medical article this was said:

"The Benefits of Using HCG with TRT​

In my professional opinion, HCG should always form part of your Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) protocol. It helps to maintain fertility, testicular and penis size, cognitive function, and libido whilst on TRT. Additional benefits such as up-regulation of steroid hormones have also been purported, however there is not enough evidence at present to support this theory."

Author: Dr Robert Stevens MBChB MRCGP Dip.FIPT

And since the half life of HCG is 2 days I am going to start with 500iu every third day. My first shot yesterday was a 1000iu in the afternoon and that night I noticed increased penis sensitivity when the wife and I started hugging.

Going to experiment... If I feel any negative sides I will reduce intake and I get bloods done every 2 months so I will be good.

Been on trt for 10 years. I have never considered HCG. One extra variable to manage with higher conversion to E2 etc.

Yes the boys are the size of peanuts but does not bother me. @gondar1 is right, there are benefits. I’ve taken a few errands knees to the groin Training that would’ve hurt way more if the boys were full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually just started HCG yesterday and have never done it before. I have read about its hormonal impacts and a couple of my friends who have been doing gear for a long time said it also seemed to give them an upbeat feeling. From a medical article this was said:

"The Benefits of Using HCG with TRT​

In my professional opinion, HCG should always form part of your Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) protocol. It helps to maintain fertility, testicular and penis size, cognitive function, and libido whilst on TRT. Additional benefits such as up-regulation of steroid hormones have also been purported, however there is not enough evidence at present to support this theory."

Author: Dr Robert Stevens MBChB MRCGP Dip.FIPT

And since the half life of HCG is 2 days I am going to start with 500iu every third day. My first shot yesterday was a 1000iu in the afternoon and that night I noticed increased penis sensitivity when the wife and I started hugging.

Going to experiment... If I feel any negative sides I will reduce intake and I get bloods done every 2 months so I will be good.
Also for your consideration:
One thing of note that I have read in a few places is that the Test produced via HCG use is more prone to aromatization than natural test. I can't remember why, actually not sure if the reason is known. Not even sure if it's true all my own bloodwork that would show if it was or not is muddled by other factors. Something to watch for maybe seeing as it's your first time.

One thing of note that I have read in a few places is that the Test produced via HCG use is more prone to aromatization than natural test. I can't remember why, actually not sure if the reason is known. Not even sure if it's true all my own bloodwork that would show if it was or not is muddled by other factors. Something to watch for maybe seeing as it's your first time.

My TRT dr is opposed to it unless for fertility reasons. The reason she states is the high rate of conversion to E2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basically when you introduce bio-identcal testosterone, theres no luteinizing hormone signal to the hypothalamus, so the hypothalamus has no need to send the signal to the pituitary then back down to the testicles etc, some people, but not all loose other signals when the hypothalamus is shut down in that department, causing symptoms, and also adrenal insufficienty. Also its been said that with some that have an increase in there tsh and lowered thyroid function, after trt, is due to the hypothalamus shutting down.
(I personally am a believer in this.)

I was an idiot and never took hcg for the few years iv been on, and i faked up. Shoukd have always been on it as i started in a adrenal fatigue state.

Just started hcg last week 300iu 3 times a week and after 4 days symptoms started going away....mother fucker eh ... i will be dropping to 250 iu x 3 a week just to make it last a bit longer., i also inject trt 3x a week and i inject my hcg the day after my trt injection, since hcg is about 30 hrs half life i feel that it keeps my testosterone elevated enough to get me to next injection, to keep estrogen at bay.... my theory i guess.

My suggestion is if your having issues with trt and you feel like youve tryed everything and haven't tried hcg....give it a go.

I haven't had estrogen sides from hcg yet, but iv also been trying a new trt theory protocol, so will see.

Last edited:
OK thanks, a am taking 1mg of arimedex every 3rd day, and I seldom get symptons like sore nipples and wanting to yak all the time.lol