Answer these simple BodyBuilding Lifting Questions ... and others.

No cheat days, lol. Seriously. Because one turns into 2, then you are just eating normal.
Maybe if you eat a bowl of potato chips call that your cheat, but I wouldn't do that very often like once a month, especially if you want to get below 10%
If you got the money Funnyman is wicked at helping you achieve your goals.
Groan.....not only could it be a slippery slope, I am never pleased that I`ve cheated either!

I literally just started the journey to getting cut this week. Dropped about 750 calories a day and added cardio 6 days a week. I always feel better when I'm doing cardio. My joints and connective tissue just seem to be happier.

I'm not cheating yet. But I will add in a cheat day soon. I just spent 8 months eating! The disk I herniated at L5 S1 3 months ago really threw a wrench in the works for a bit.

I surpassed the bodyweight was when I first started training again (171) in Oct 2019. I hit 173 this time. My BMI is far better than it was then. In 2019 I figure I was 20% plus maybe. This time its lower to start. I never lost definition in calves, arms and delts. I want to gt to 10% or better this time. I fell short last year before I went away.
you will get there. Nothing better than feeling good

1. Approx. age?
  2. Which do you like working best upper or lower body?
  3. What's your favorite exercise?
  4. What's your worst exercise?
  5. How long do you lift approx. each session?
  6. How many times a week?
  7. Do you lift fast with little rest between sets or slower with more rest?
  8. Do you do high reps or Low?
  9. Do you lift lighter weights for reps or moderately heavy to heavy weight?
  10. Do you do many of forced reps?
  11. Do you do many rest pause sets?
  12. Do people at gym ask you many questions about your lifting?
  13. Do you have a set routine when you walk into the gym or do you play it by ear?
  14. Have you ever competed?
  15. Do you lift because you love to lift or cause you like the way it makes you look?
  16. Other?

Maxmuscle66:
  1. Approximately 54 yrs. old
  2. Upper body hands down - legs respond easily
  3. Incline DB flies
  4. Sadly - anything abdominal related... pathetic I know
  5. Between 30-40 minutes - heavy, low reps, few sets
  6. 4-5 times
  7. Using the instinctive training principle typically and descend in 3 and lift in 1
  8. Mix it up - the effects are the same going to failure
  9. Mix it up - forces the body to adapt and grow
  10. I add 1-2 forced reps to an exercise for one body part once a week - otherwise, the nervous system is overtaxed
  11. I use RP reps only once a week on one body part
  12. I find myself bombarded with questions - some are young women asking for exercises to enhance their chest or buttocks - go figure
  13. Oddly, I do both - mostly have a plan of attack but sometimes, the plan goes to the wayside for various reasons
  14. Unfortunately not as much or at the level that I've aspired to - at my age now, I'll never see the stage or serious competition
  15. Strangely both... the dopamine and serotonin highs from the physical are fabulous - the confidence from looking good - awesome
  16. Granpa 1959 - I had to steal this from you... I loved it and it describes me to a tee minus a couple of parts... so please pardon me for bastardizing your words skipper... "I fucking love it. Also, an old back injury left me with some challenges and training is the best medicine. I like how I feel. I cannot control how other people see me so appearance is of small consequence. Looking older with a beard and some deep wrinkles and in my middle 50's. I am 5'11' facial scars and look weathered. Life is fucking awesome! Girls love me for some reason. Its attitude not looks in my book"

approx. age 37
Which do you like working best upper or lower body - upper
What's your favorite exercise - db shoulder press
Whats your least fav exercise - anything for abs
How long do you lift approx each session - 90 min
How many times a week - 4 timesk
Do you lift fast with little rest between sets or slower with more rest - power sets are done slower to be fully rejuvenated for each set. They hypertrophy work is about 60 to 90 sec test.
Do you do high reps or low reps - I reach failure first in 5-8 reps than again 9-15 reps. Most of my volume work is 8-15 reps. Except legs where I go 20-30 reps usually.
Do you lift lighter weights for reps or moderately heavy to heavy weight -light for reps now slower
Do you do many of forced reps - not anymore as i dont have a workout partner. If I can get one I'll go mental on forced reps...i grow better on them than anything.
Do you do many rest pause sets - yes....rest pause or an adapted version
Do people at gym ask you many questions about your lifting - hardly at all. But i have a resting murderer face and my headphones on so im fairly unapproachable
Do you have a set routine when you walk into the gym or do you play it by ear - always have the whole session planned in my logbook
Have you ever competed - yes...strongman 3x and 2x powerlifting but jever bodybuilding
Do you lift because you love to lift or cause you like the way it makes you look - I'm obsessed with being the very best at my hobbies. I'm too old to play baseball anymore so I needed to switch to in order to get my fix

1. Approx. age? 31
  2. Which do you like working best upper or lower body? Upper
  3. What's your favorite exercise? Pull-up
  4. What's your worst exercise? Chest Fly’s
  5. How long do you lift approx. each session? 1.25hr
  6. How many times a week? 5-6
  7. Do you lift fast with little rest between sets or slower with more rest? Both
  8. Do you do high reps or Low? High
  9. Do you lift lighter weights for reps or moderately heavy to heavy weight? Light-moderate
  10. Do you do many of forced reps? No
  11. Do you do many rest pause sets? No
  12. Do people at gym ask you many questions about your lifting? Sometimes
  13. Do you have a set routine when you walk into the gym or do you play it by ear? Set routine
  14. Have you ever competed? No, want to though
  15. Do you lift because you love to lift or cause you like the way it makes you look? Both
  16. Other?

1. Approx. age? 25
  3. What's your favorite exercise? Bench press
  4. What's your worst exercise? Probably barbell rows
  5. How long do you lift approx. each session? 1 hour
  6. How many times a week? 4-5
  7. Do you lift fast with little rest between sets or slower with more rest? Slow controlled negatives, untimed rests but long enough that I can achieve absolute effort on the next set
  8. Do you do high reps or Low? Start workout with a heavy low volume compound movement, and then do higher volume accessories around that body part
  9. Do you lift lighter weights for reps or moderately heavy to heavy weight? HEAVY
  10. Do you do many of forced reps? Sometimes, if needed to achieve absolute effort
  11. Do you do many rest pause sets? Almost never
  12. Do people at gym ask you many questions about your lifting? Usually the teenagers do lol
  13. Do you have a set routine when you walk into the gym or do you play it by ear? I have a plan 100% of the time
  14. Have you ever competed? Not yet, registered for a powerlifting meet but it was cancelled due to COVID protocol
  15. Do you lift because you love to lift or cause you like the way it makes you look? Little bit of both

approx. age? Late 40's
Which do you like working best upper or lower body? Back is my favorite
What's your favorite exercise? Deadlift
Whats your worst exercise? Squat
How long do you lift approx each session? 1hr
How many times a week? 4-5
Do you lift fast with little rest between sets or slower with more rest? Varries
Do you do high reps or Low? Both
Do you lift lighter weights for reps or moderately heavy to heavy weight? Both depending on how I feel.
Do you do many of forced reps? Not anymore
Do you do many rest pause sets? Not as much now but did.
Do people at gym ask you many questions about your lifting? Yes
Do you have a set routine when you walk into the gym or do you play it by ear? A bit of both.
Have you ever competed? No
Do you lift because you love to lift or cause you like the way it makes you look? I do it mainly as a stress realese, but also like to be strong and thick.
Other?

1. Approx. age?
  2. Which do you like working best upper or lower body?
  3. What's your favorite exercise?
  4. What's your worst exercise?
  5. How long do you lift approx. each session?
  6. How many times a week?
  7. Do you lift fast with little rest between sets or slower with more rest?
  8. Do you do high reps or Low?
  9. Do you lift lighter weights for reps or moderately heavy to heavy weight?
  10. Do you do many of forced reps?
  11. Do you do many rest pause sets?
  12. Do people at gym ask you many questions about your lifting?
  13. Do you have a set routine when you walk into the gym or do you play it by ear?
  14. Have you ever competed?
  15. Do you lift because you love to lift or cause you like the way it makes you look?
  16. Other?

Maxmuscle66:
  1. Approximately 54 yrs. old
  2. Upper body hands down - legs respond easily
  3. Incline DB flies
  4. Sadly - anything abdominal related... pathetic I know
  5. Between 30-40 minutes - heavy, low reps, few sets
  6. 4-5 times
  7. Using the instinctive training principle typically and descend in 3 and lift in 1
  8. Mix it up - the effects are the same going to failure
  9. Mix it up - forces the body to adapt and grow
  10. I add 1-2 forced reps to an exercise for one body part once a week - otherwise, the nervous system is overtaxed
  11. I use RP reps only once a week on one body part
  12. I find myself bombarded with questions - some are young women asking for exercises to enhance their chest or buttocks - go figure
  13. Oddly, I do both - mostly have a plan of attack but sometimes, the plan goes to the wayside for various reasons
  14. Unfortunately not as much or at the level that I've aspired to - at my age now, I'll never see the stage or serious competition
  15. Strangely both... the dopamine and serotonin highs from the physical are fabulous - the confidence from looking good - awesome
  16. Granpa 1959 - I had to steal this from you... I loved it and it describes me to a tee minus a couple of parts... so please pardon me for bastardizing your words skipper... "I fucking love it. Also, an old back injury left me with some challenges and training is the best medicine. I like how I feel. I cannot control how other people see me so appearance is of small consequence. Looking older with a beard and some deep wrinkles and in my middle 50's. I am 5'11' facial scars and look weathered. Life is fucking awesome! Girls love me for some reason. Its attitude not looks in my book"
There are a lot of similarities between all our routines likes and dislikes except for @Sorbate 's LOL. I think you answered this thread Sorb ... doesn't matter I read enough of your stuff I have a feel why and how you lift anyways HAHA :). My legs respond easy but damn the power they contain makes me love training them heavy even more. The instinctive method and heavy low reps creep in there a lot for many guy, it's not our ego's, it's the challenge of lifting the heavy weight. I agree forced reps, rest pause, over load and negatives you have to be carful using them to many times a work out or you will be in the injury heap. I did powerlifting till I was 51 so I had the the big belly and was large all over, after I leaned out took the fat off for my first competition it's funny how the women seem to wonder on over and ask you a lot a questions. I think it was the testerone dripping off of me. I lift cause of the way it makes me feel, and it makes me feel goood. Grandpa has a lot of wisdom. I think in you youth it is your looks (attitude helps) as you age it is your attitude on life and people hands down.

approx. age 37
Which do you like working best upper or lower body - upper
What's your favorite exercise - db shoulder press
Whats your least fav exercise - anything for abs
How long do you lift approx each session - 90 min
How many times a week - 4 timesk
Do you lift fast with little rest between sets or slower with more rest - power sets are done slower to be fully rejuvenated for each set. They hypertrophy work is about 60 to 90 sec test.
Do you do high reps or low reps - I reach failure first in 5-8 reps than again 9-15 reps. Most of my volume work is 8-15 reps. Except legs where I go 20-30 reps usually.
Do you lift lighter weights for reps or moderately heavy to heavy weight -light for reps now slower
Do you do many of forced reps - not anymore as i dont have a workout partner. If I can get one I'll go mental on forced reps...i grow better on them than anything.
Do you do many rest pause sets - yes....rest pause or an adapted version
Do people at gym ask you many questions about your lifting - hardly at all. But i have a resting murderer face and my headphones on so im fairly unapproachable
Do you have a set routine when you walk into the gym or do you play it by ear - always have the whole session planned in my logbook
Have you ever competed - yes...strongman 3x and 2x powerlifting but jever bodybuilding
Do you lift because you love to lift or cause you like the way it makes you look - I'm obsessed with being the very best at my hobbies. I'm too old to play baseball anymore so I needed to switch to in order to get my fix
Great profile man. Sharing in the gym with other people I find is one of the best benefits I get. How did you like the powerlifters? Pretty good group of guys... friendly always willing to help. Prob that way in strong man too. In bodybuilding some guys are good but not so much. To many arrogant shits all full of them selves. They didn't know what to think of me as I went up and talked to them all especially the ones with the 'I will kill you face if you talk to me' ... that shit don't intimidate me I fought for 6 years pretty hard so a pop to the head or a kick to the leg is like foreplay to me .... lol. Obsessed with being good is a great quality as long as you can maintain balance and happiness in your life. Power to ya.

1. Approx. age? 25
  3. What's your favorite exercise? Bench press
  4. What's your worst exercise? Probably barbell rows
  5. How long do you lift approx. each session? 1 hour
  6. How many times a week? 4-5
  7. Do you lift fast with little rest between sets or slower with more rest? Slow controlled negatives, untimed rests but long enough that I can achieve absolute effort on the next set
  8. Do you do high reps or Low? Start workout with a heavy low volume compound movement, and then do higher volume accessories around that body part
  9. Do you lift lighter weights for reps or moderately heavy to heavy weight? HEAVY
  10. Do you do many of forced reps? Sometimes, if needed to achieve absolute effort
  11. Do you do many rest pause sets? Almost never
  12. Do people at gym ask you many questions about your lifting? Usually the teenagers do lol
  13. Do you have a set routine when you walk into the gym or do you play it by ear? I have a plan 100% of the time
  14. Have you ever competed? Not yet, registered for a powerlifting meet but it was cancelled due to COVID protocol
  15. Do you lift because you love to lift or cause you like the way it makes you look? Little bit of both
Great profile. If you can find a powerlifting meet coming up that is not to far away from you ...go to it... they are a blast. You meet a lot of people that share technique and help you along. Everybody cheers you along on your lifts even your competitors. I loved them

approx. age? Late 40's
Which do you like working best upper or lower body? Back is my favorite
What's your favorite exercise? Deadlift
Whats your worst exercise? Squat
How long do you lift approx each session? 1hr
How many times a week? 4-5
Do you lift fast with little rest between sets or slower with more rest? Varries
Do you do high reps or Low? Both
Do you lift lighter weights for reps or moderately heavy to heavy weight? Both depending on how I feel.
Do you do many of forced reps? Not anymore
Do you do many rest pause sets? Not as much now but did.
Do people at gym ask you many questions about your lifting? Yes
Do you have a set routine when you walk into the gym or do you play it by ear? A bit of both.
Have you ever competed? No
Do you lift because you love to lift or cause you like the way it makes you look? I do it mainly as a stress realese, but also like to be strong and thick.
Other?
Awesome. I can see the back being the favorite where the deadlift is your fav lift. I don't understand you not liking squats though as they are almost similiar. I just can't do them cause of shoulder injury and lack of shoulder flexibility. Yep lifting sure does release the stress and pound a lot of endorphin's into your body, I love it