Annoucing our "home Gym contest winner"

It would be lovely to get this topic going again. If not for a contest! I would love to post my home gym especially as I will be renovating soon and would love ideas from you guys :)

Post it then, it will pop up in the new activity area and we will all come over and check it out.

It would be lovely to get this topic going again. If not for a contest! I would love to post my home gym especially as I will be renovating soon and would love ideas from you guys :)

please post your gym. as for the contest I have been known to repeat a contest now and then
this was a good one but will even be better next time because I learned a thing or two from this one
one thing I learned was to approach a possible prize donated before the contest starts . that mistake cost us a great prize from a very motivated company that wanted to help promote this in a big way
so for sure I will run this again in another 6 months or so.

I’ve got a few views. Just adding more and more. But I am going to paint (debating and open to colours). And get rid of the Christmas tree/random crap we don’t need.. Make it look tidier. It’s a bit of a dungeon/garage lol. But when it’s summer and hot.. awesome for cardio and dropping weight.

So far I have:
- 1 Elliptical
- 1 Treadmill
- 3 Mag grip bars
- Several attachments for cables
- Easy Dumb Bells (interchangeable weights( I love these! They fit like a block.. goes up to 20, great for Delts for me.
- Extra DBs
- Full Squat Rack Smith system.
- 6 cables
- Arm blaster, Preacher Curl Pad, Leg Extension pad, step ups.. foam rollers..
- 2 Tim Tams for massage.. love these!

Pretty much I can train everything at home if I wanted to. And my clients of course.

-msclmama

Attachments

• 0AA8A734-5AE3-494D-8B1B-F35B86B4EAC8.jpeg
    0AA8A734-5AE3-494D-8B1B-F35B86B4EAC8.jpeg
    511 KB · Views: 28
  • 20F756EB-27F9-4812-B6B8-D40F12CE22DD.jpeg
    20F756EB-27F9-4812-B6B8-D40F12CE22DD.jpeg
    744.9 KB · Views: 28
I’ve got a few views. Just adding more and more. But I am going to paint (debating and open to colours). And get rid of the Christmas tree/random crap we don’t need.. Make it look tidier. It’s a bit of a dungeon/garage lol. But when it’s summer and hot.. awesome for cardio and dropping weight.

So far I have:
- 1 Elliptical
- 1 Treadmill
- 3 Mag grip bars
- Several attachments for cables
- Easy Dumb Bells (interchangeable weights( I love these! They fit like a block.. goes up to 20, great for Delts for me.
- Extra DBs
- Full Squat Rack Smith system.
- 6 cables
- Arm blaster, Preacher Curl Pad, Leg Extension pad, step ups.. foam rollers..
- 2 Tim Tams for massage.. love these!

Pretty much I can train everything at home if I wanted to. And my clients of course.

-msclmama
Someone is an Assassin’s Creed fan!

Then the rest, not so much. Just slap a new theme on.
The first few were decent. Sometimes it felt like you were just grinding away.
What I really miss is the first Splinter Cells. Damn I loved that game so much. I used to hang from the beef rail line in the cooler, just like Sam did and try to convince the guys I work with to walk under me, lol. I was way too low, and no way they trusted me, lol. Or I’d hide in corners crouched down waiting for my wife to grab her to interrogate her, lol. You know in the shadows, bwahaaa.
Then that series went to shit as well.
The Middle earth shadow of war game isn’t bad.

for home gym guys, how many pounds is your Olympic bar rated for?
I looked at Canadian Tire and the highest i saw was for 700lbs. Is that the usual bar that guys have at home?

I looked at Canadian Tire and the highest i saw was for 700lbs. Is that the usual bar that guys have at home?
Lol, when am I lifting 700 lbs. as long as mine can take 300 I’m fine

Got a 700 at home and hope someday i'll rip that shit apart in two loll!!

i think the worst it can happen when you reach near max is that it will bend, after that you now got a curvy bar to bench loll

If you are not confortable just go with a 1500lbs bar : https://www.fitnessdepot.ca/P11UTD8...r-86-28mm-44lb-1500lb-rating-bbocfitltgb.html
not too pricey

Lol, when am I lifting 700 lbs. as long as mine can take 300 I’m fine
that's what i was thinking, but the guy down-talked the bar because it's "only" 700 lbs rated...these days i only need a plate or two on each side and i'm fine

Got a 700 at home and hope someday i'll rip that shit apart in two loll!!

i think the worst it can happen when you reach near max is that it will bend, after that you now got a curvy bar to bench loll

If you are not confortable just go with a 1500lbs bar : https://www.fitnessdepot.ca/P11UTD8...r-86-28mm-44lb-1500lb-rating-bbocfitltgb.html
not too pricey
haha!! i'll never bend a 700 lbs bar...but i'll check to see what is the difference for a 1500 lbs bar. Thanks for the link!

it looks like the 700 rated bar weighs 44lbs and the 1500 rated bar also weighs 44lbs.

i thought a heaveier rated bar would be made of heavier material and weight more.

i think i'll go for the 700 rated bar because it's considerably cheaper in costs

it looks like the 700 rated bar weighs 44lbs and the 1500 rated bar also weighs 44lbs.

i thought a heaveier rated bar would be made of heavier material and weight more.

i think i'll go for the 700 rated bar because it's considerably cheaper in costs
I don’t have an Olympic bar, but the one with the 1” or so holes and I’ve had 400 lbs on it with a deadlift and it didn’t really bend. It’s 35 lbs and solid steel. I’ll never need more than that anymore so I’m not worried.
Now my cable cross over machine, I’m scared I’ll yank from a pulley or break an end off the cable one day