And there we have it. It's not like most of us didn't already know it.

He was too liberal.He should have transferred to the B.C interior.

I’ve posted tons on both the differences and the limitations of respirators and source control masks here now and people should reference it.

The CO2 issue is simply not true. Neither masks nor respirators cause anything remotely close to hypoxia or any other potentially life threatening conditions. Barring pre existing cardio pulmonary issues or perhaps separate severe respiratory conditions or illnesses.

Mask microclimate and the psychological issues that it can create, especially in hot humid environments is worthy of discussion. However this stems largely on psychological factors.... not actual physical ones. As long as the respirators or masks are maintained, not damaged and worn properly.

To be fully transparent there has been no studies done on source control masks aka these cloth things people are wearing. However keeping that in mind their filtration efficacy is much lower than both surgical masks and respirators.... therefore the respiratory function should be less impacted. I suppose someone could go crazy overkill with the layers and potentially cause breathing issues.... but I think that mask looks more like a pillow than a mask.

Any studies that have been run do indicate that CO2 retention levels in blood can be higher in those wearing respirators. But no so much that they have any impact on either short or long term health. And as I stated earlier no indications of hypoxia.

I’m not taking the position that masks should or shouldn’t be worn by the general public.

I think it is very important however to understand the philosophy behind protective masks and respirators and source control masks.

All may have a place in the broader scope of infection control. There has not been enough time to develop any reasonable data on source control masks. This is s relatively new concept.

However if anyone has read the sars commission report one main takeaway was that public and worker protection standards while in outbreak of unknown disease should rely on the precautionary principle rather than relying on documented peer reviewed empirical evidence to drive risk management standards to be employed.

If someone wants to talk masks and respirators what they do and don’t do please reach out. I’m not any court designated expert on the matter..... but I probably have a better understanding of this topic than 98% of the general public. Those that know me best will know why I feel comfortable saying this.

We have a lady who made some fabric ones. Her's differ though in that they are two layers and allow you to slide a piece of surgical mask in the middle. Bit harder to breath through but I find the fit of the mask to be perfect for my larger face and I feel I get a better protection.

I believe I need to add to your points in that people must exercise control of their masks when they are done. If they've just blocked their body of a virus or bacteria, if you go ahead and put your hand all over the face of the mask and then don't immediately wash your hands, you just defeated the whole point of wearing a mask because the next place your hand generally goes to is your face/around your eyes or nose. Just like surgical gloves, you never touch the contact surfaces before you throw it out or deal with it. (a lot don't have multiple masks so they carefully remove the mask and spray with isopropyl alcohol which kills the baddies and lets you reuse the mask.)

Lastly, I would also add that a bunch of us as lifters probably have much larger jaw muscles from clenching on a lift (I use a mouthpiece now to protect my teeth). Standard masks don't fit me right and I bet I don't lift anywhere near what some of the others do.

Wait...Is Lepsyber a cop????
I haven't caught that part yet???

Yes, I WAS an officer. I left as a sergeant in a fuck you move after they messed with me a good number of times during my time as a cop. Constantly with the rushing me back to work so I could get back out on ERT and get injured again. If they had let me fucking heal right I probably wouldn't be so fucked up now. I got hurt and they did some pretty shit things. Sooo, I spent some of my time off studying, took the exam, got promoted, worked a year, threw the middle and retired on a Sergeants salary even though I worked most of my life as a constable.

I’ve posted tons on both the differences and the limitations of respirators and source control masks here now and people should reference it.

The CO2 issue is simply not true. Neither masks nor respirators cause anything remotely close to hypoxia or any other potentially life threatening conditions. Barring pre existing cardio pulmonary issues or perhaps separate severe respiratory conditions or illnesses.

Mask microclimate and the psychological issues that it can create, especially in hot humid environments is worthy of discussion. However this stems largely on psychological factors.... not actual physical ones. As long as the respirators or masks are maintained, not damaged and worn properly.

To be fully transparent there has been no studies done on source control masks aka these cloth things people are wearing. However keeping that in mind their filtration efficacy is much lower than both surgical masks and respirators.... therefore the respiratory function should be less impacted. I suppose someone could go crazy overkill with the layers and potentially cause breathing issues.... but I think that mask looks more like a pillow than a mask.

Any studies that have been run do indicate that CO2 retention levels in blood can be higher in those wearing respirators. But no so much that they have any impact on either short or long term health. And as I stated earlier no indications of hypoxia.

I’m not taking the position that masks should or shouldn’t be worn by the general public.

I think it is very important however to understand the philosophy behind protective masks and respirators and source control masks.

All may have a place in the broader scope of infection control. There has not been enough time to develop any reasonable data on source control masks. This is s relatively new concept.

However if anyone has read the sars commission report one main takeaway was that public and worker protection standards while in outbreak of unknown disease should rely on the precautionary principle rather than relying on documented peer reviewed empirical evidence to drive risk management standards to be employed.

If someone wants to talk masks and respirators what they do and don’t do please reach out. I’m not any court designated expert on the matter..... but I probably have a better understanding of this topic than 98% of the general public. Those that know me best will know why I feel comfortable saying this.
Wow, now thats a proper well documented and thought out response, thank you very much for that. I respect you and your response as well I and also agree with what you're saying.