Affordable blood testing labs in Canada?

Ordered from LGC a couple weeks ago and it still hasnt arrived. I checked the tracking it looks like its coming from Ireland??? How long did shipping typically take for you guys? And how long for results?

Ordered from LGC a couple weeks ago and it still hasnt arrived. I checked the tracking it looks like its coming from Ireland??? How long did shipping typically take for you guys? And how long for results?
I just got my second kit in the mail today. Seems to have been mailed about 2 weeks ago from Ireland. Slow.

The good news is the pre-paid shipping back to the lab is high speed UPS, so it goes as fast as possible back to the lab, which is in London, England. Mine left small town BC on Tuesday, and I got my results that Friday if I recall. The lab is fast when they get it, and the UPS was fast, as I would hope. The results were reasonable, and in line with results from the labs my doctor ordered not too long afterwards. I was worried the blood would somehow spoil while in shipping, but apparently it's OK.

I just got my second kit in the mail today. Seems to have been mailed about 2 weeks ago from Ireland. Slow.

The good news is the pre-paid shipping back to the lab is high speed UPS, so it goes as fast as possible back to the lab, which is in London, England. Mine left small town BC on Tuesday, and I got my results that Friday if I recall. The lab is fast when they get it, and the UPS was fast, as I would hope. The results were reasonable, and in line with results from the labs my doctor ordered not too long afterwards. I was worried the blood would somehow spoil while in shipping, but apparently it's OK.
Covid is affecting the shipping times.

Covid is affecting the shipping times.
Yeah, I expect that's true. Although I don't exactly expect the regular mail they ship out by to be a miracle of speed from Ireland to Canada. They do offer an express option as I recall, it might not have been terribly too expensive either. I was in more of a rush for the first test, but after it came back, I also did two rounds of testing with my doctor's office, so I am now officially approved to go on TRT. However, the nurse practitioner I was dealing with is a dummy, so I haven't followed through. Which doesn't matter, because the same day as the second official test, I already had all my gear (thanks to UGL), and I did my first shot of T, secure in knowing the medical system had the proof needed to approve me. I will soon go over that nurse practitioner's head, book an appointment with my actual doctor, and get properly approved and legal. But until then, my second LGC test just arrived, and it will be good to see where my levels are at after 2 months at 150mg/w. I know I feel better, that's for sure, liberated from a decade of deteriorating crippling hell.

Thanks for the feedback, and LOL at how you so aptly describe your female doc who was ideologically unequipped to support you, I agree that's a very real issue. My very small town has too few doctors, there are seldom free choices, and there are more women than men, lots of whom lean towards thinking in terms of "toxic masculinity". My own doc is a near-retirement tired out pill pusher, runs his office as a prescription mill, and with his hobby being a marathon runner with a holier than thou attitude about fitness, I fully expect his attitude about TRT to be "roids ur bad mkay". I'm willing to try hitting him up for TRT, but not until I have an arsenal of info available. I'm also not willing to settle with not-quite-low-enough numbers condemning me to a life without going optimum T, because the symptoms are painfully obvious that MY body isn't happy with whatever numbers I have.

I think I might try the online out-of-town doctor trick, see if I can get lucky finding someone willing to order more comprehensive labs than the basic LGC panel I already ordered. No harm in it, and free is a good price.
lol you another comedian man with those word

Good info guys, I have not looked into LGC, that is great. I have a hard time getting some docs on board with hormone testing and as I move quite a bit, this is going to be my go to.
Thank-you for sharing this stuff...Appreciated greatly.
anyone tried get
I need to find out about labs where we can get order-online, home-sampled, mail-in blood work done in here in BC and/or Canada. I'm in small town BC with lousy local doctors, and I am just trying to get my basics tested for baseline before starting TRT. I found letsgetchecked online, and people on reddit said they were OK, but I have no idea if they are reasonably priced (seems like there are lots of MUCH cheaper options in the USA). I'm also not impressed that they ship their sample kits out of Ireland, which means slow shipping and poor tracking, I'm waiting over a whole week for my first test kit and have no idea if it's actually moving faster than a snail from basically the other side of the planet.

So how does this work? Do we have good and affordable options in Canada, or are we stuck with private clinics who take blood samples? I also see tia health, which offers online doctors covered by BCmed, who can then give you requisitions, which would clearly make the labs free, so good price.

Am I approaching this wrong, should I be finding an online doc in BC to get the labs instead of thinking complete DIY?
anyone tried getmaple.ca? I heard its good

anyone tried get

anyone tried get

Maple is good in that if you’re in an area covered by an endo through the maple app, you should be able to have a requisition made up. I do not live in an area serviced by an endo through Maple so…out of luck. same goes for onmen, accessibility is largely based on your location.

This just popped up on my phone today as an ad. I don't know anything about them but will do some research over the next few days and will reach out to them to get some info.

SiPhoX Health at home bloodwork
siphoxhealth.com

Says right in the ad that it ships to Canada and US. It appears to be out of NY.

This just popped up on my phone today as an ad. I don't know anything about them but will do some research over the next few days and will reach out to them to get some info.

SiPhoX Health at home bloodwork
siphoxhealth.com

Says right in the ad that it ships to Canada and US. It appears to be out of NY.
Thanks, I’ll reach out to them and see what they say.

Ok I emailed them...I don't think what they offer, at this time, is of value to this forum. On a positive note they do offer the service in Canada. But:
  1. The hormone panel only measures total Test and not free test. Without both these numbers, its hard to make some key conclusions to go along with the E2.
  2. They don't have a panel to measure hemoglobin and hematocrit, I see this as a deal breaker to measure health during cycle. They do test ferritin.

Ok I emailed them...I don't think what they offer, at this time, is of value to this forum. On a positive note they do offer the service in Canada. But:
  1. The hormone panel only measures total Test and not free test. Without both these numbers, its hard to make some key conclusions to go along with the E2.
  2. They don't have a panel to measure hemoglobin and hematocrit, I see this as a deal breaker to measure health during cycle. They do test ferritin.
For $200 you canbuy a hemocrit machine off of amazon. Not sure what the testing would cost you, but maybe $80 for that test, the machine comes with 25 strips.

Just wanted to follow up on my lab search. Finally made it into a consult with a naturopathic Dr. She has me booked for bloodwork and a follow up before the new year. The initial consult was $77 with a B12 shot, blood work will be $55 lab fee and $125 for the test (sent to ON for analysis).

We will go over the results (another $55 consult) and she will refer to a walk-in clinic for a scrip or I can take my results to maple and they’ll prescribe.

Duration was about 10 weeks to get to this stage, looks like at least 4 more weeks before I’ll have my numbers in hand. Total cost for bloodwork and consultations $312