Adaptogens - dealing with various forms of stress

Goldenrod

Staff member
A preliminary review of studies on adaptogens: comparison of their bioactivity in TCM with that of ginseng-like herbs used worldwide

Physical stress, insomnia, anxiety, etc. - worth looking into.
That being said, they are not a quick fix. Just my experience - but two weeks in noticed a difference in how my body and mind were dealing with stressful situations. Ashwaghanda and ginseng are too of the more popular. There are not doubt better products out there, but Natural Factors Serenity, is a reasonably priced product with 4 knows adaptogens.

Sometimes these can not be so great if you have low cortisol, as it can drive it lower, but if you have a few highs and a few lows then yes these adaptogns can help.

I have never found these helped but I never used them long enough maybe. I have Ashwaghanda and ginseng root. I will give it a go for a month and report back

I used to, get old enough and you likely will have a change of heart. :(

Even when you thrive on it protecting your shit with stuff like this is a good idea for the long game, not to mention for gainz and performance
Yeah it does wear thin sometimes if I'm being honest. But a stress and anger was my go to for motivation for years.

... stress and anger was my go to for motivation for years.
Exactly, I used to seek it out, mostly around training. If I was to describe the shit I thought about in the gym most out of the loop people would probably laugh their asses off or think I needed a psych evaluation. I can still use it when training but in the majority of my day it's a hindrance.

Exactly, I used to seek it out, mostly around training. If I was to describe the shit I thought about in the gym most out of the loop people would probably laugh their asses off or think I needed a psych evaluation. I can still use it when training but in the majority of my day it's a hindrance.
I used to work a lot of late nights by myself, I’d be doing 12-14 hours, and I’d think of things that pissed me off and that kept me working full out till like 2 am, lol. And yeah some of the stuff I thought of was likely pretty crazy as well.
No way I want to work like that anymore. I have a hard time putting in 8-9 hour days now.

I was listening to 70’s love songs while I trained legs the other night, lol. And I had a really good workout.
I think when you get older, you get so good at turning it on and off, that you don’t need to ramp yourself up to push yourself. Its just something you do.

I used to work a lot of late nights by myself, I’d be doing 12-14 hours, and I’d think of things that pissed me off and that kept me working full out till like 2 am, lol. And yeah some of the stuff I thought of was likely pretty crazy as well.
No way I want to work like that anymore. I have a hard time putting in 8-9 hour days now.

I was listening to 70’s love songs while I trained legs the other night, lol. And I had a really good workout.
I think when you get older, you get so good at turning it on and off, that you don’t need to ramp yourself up to push yourself. Its just something you do.
Can totally relate buddy, everything you said there besides the last two sentences got me giggling