Acne and AAS

tricks79

Trusted Member
Hey Team,

I'm looking for input for what some of you do to manage acne on AAS?

I've always had issues with acne long before starting AAS. It's just in my genes. I'm 30 years old now and it's still an issue. I get it regardless if I'm on gear or not. BUT AAS can make it much worse. I've learned some worse than others, such as Anadrol is a big no no.

Aside from Accutane and properly managing E2 (I use aromasin), wondering if you guys have found anything that strongly mitigates acne while on AAS, or at least any compounds that seem to effect/cause it less? Aka compounds that are safer to run for acne prone people.

Accutane seems to be the only thing that works well, but you can't run it your whole life... Can't be good for the joints.

Activated charcoal body wash works really well. Helps to keep my shoulders/back/chest from flaring up with the small red pimples.

Hey Team,

I'm looking for input for what some of you do to manage acne on AAS?

I've always had issues with acne long before starting AAS. It's just in my genes. I'm 30 years old now and it's still an issue. I get it regardless if I'm on gear or not. BUT AAS can make it much worse. I've learned some worse than others, such as Anadrol is a big no no.

Aside from Accutane and properly managing E2 (I use aromasin), wondering if you guys have found anything that strongly mitigates acne while on AAS, or at least any compounds that seem to effect/cause it less? Aka compounds that are safer to run for acne prone people.

Accutane seems to be the only thing that works well, but you can't run it your whole life... Can't be good for the joints.
It becomes less over time.

I have tried almost everything. Acutane works but the sides can be harsh. The main culprit for me seems to be hormone fluctuations. Whenever I lower my dose, my acne seems to be the worst. Hormone stability is step one. I also use both a salicylic acid wash and a 10% benzoyl wash in the shower. I mix a little of each together and use a back brush. Supplement-wise, Im taking 3000mg B5 per day, divided morning and night. This combo has me basically acne free now on a TRT dose of 120mg plus 500iu HCG. We'll see how things go with a mild cycle I have planned for the new year.

I had bacne since my teen years, my doctor made me try everything OTC, lotions, other topical creams and nothing helped. Even generic brand accutane and it didn’t do anything.
All the above was over a 5 year period.

Then I started gear and it got worst, like back pimples popping when I put my back on a bench bad, couldn’t only wear black tops to the gym..: my doc then prescribed me accutane for 6 months and my skin cleared up about 4 months in. Finished the 6 months cycle and then weaned off for like another 6 weeks. It’s been Atleast 5 years since I took accutane and I couldn’t be more happier. I still run gear and I get a random zit here and there but my back is clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had bacne since my teen years, my doctor made me try everything OTC, lotions, other topical creams and nothing helped. Even generic brand accutane and it didn’t do anything.
All the above was over a 5 year period.

Then I started gear and it got worst, like back pimples popping when I put my back on a bench bad, couldn’t only wear black tops to the gym..: my doc then prescribed me accutane for 6 months and my skin cleared up about 4 months in. Finished the 6 months cycle and then weaned off for like another 6 weeks. It’s been Atleast 5 years since I took accutane and I couldn’t be more happier. I still run gear and I get a random zit here and there but my back is clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What dose was the last 6 month accutane cycle at?

I also had bad back acne. When on cycle it was really bad. Tried all the creams, body washes, supplements and antibiotics. It worked a little, but nothing dramatic. Finally saw a Dermatologist and did Accutane. This was many years ago, so I don’t remember the dose or length of time. While on accutane your life sucks. Your skin is so dry that my lips were always bleeding and so was my nose. But the results were amazing. No more acne even almost 20 years later, but I now have chronic dry skin. I can live with that better compared to the acne.

Accutane can have very harsh side effects (esp. for pregnant women). I don’t suggest buying the ugl version to do yourself. There is a reason Dermatologists are some of the highest paid medical professionals. It needs constant monitoring by a professional. When done right, it works wonders.

i took Accutane 20 years ago and remember it really helping. however, since on gear, it has really come back or when on PCT its really bad? Am I alone? ugh tbh its really almost not worth it... Any suggestions?