Plenty Jacked
Trusted Member
52 Years old
Current cycle:
test E 500 per week
tren E 400 per week
mast E 400 per week
caber 1 mg per week

I just completely tore my right distal bicep tendon lifting a stump that was way too big for me onto a fire and had to go for emergency surgery. The surgeon seemed to feel that anabolic steroids can cause weakness in tendons. I don’t plan to stop Juicing!

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Any tips for the 5 + Months of recovery will help.

I am just spitballing, but I don’t think it weakens tendons.
What I think hapoened is the muscle grows first, and tendons lag behind.
So the tendons now are under capacity strength wise to your muscle. So as they have accelerated breakdown because they can’t heal fast enough to compensate for the over capacity work that is going on. So eventually they hit the breaking point and tear. Especially if you are running drugs that massively increase strength.

My thought is if you build your training program right and you have a good deload time, or a good break like a couple 2-3 weeks a couple times a year, it helps to allow the tendons to catch up.

Now will the tendons ever get in par with the muscle growth, obviously not because almost everyone whoo is pushing the size envelope tears a tendon. If you are likely giving the tendon enough time to catch up, you are not likely maximizing your muscle growth.

I know there are studies showing reduced tendon repair while on steroids, but I still think it has more to do with my theory.

Im not huge, but I try to listen to my body. If something is giving me a warning sign, I listen, I can’t afford to have a major injury like that.

I ruptured my Achilles Tendon the doc didn't think my AAS use had anything to do with it, I used a BPC-157 and TB-500 combo site injection to help with recovery, Deca and NPP are good for joint health they won't help tendon recovery in my opinion, my doc also told me while I was in recovery to keep my test at 250mg a week to help the calf muscle grow back. If you're going to try the peptides buy them separately not the mix of both because you want to run different doses. I blew my Achilles throwing a flying knee the doc said 280 pound 40 year old men should probably be more careful in their activities they chose.

Last edited:
They make them weaker imo, every tendon Ive blown, I was at the tail end of a deca cycle. Bpc157 helped the most to heal. Why the 1mg of caber? Thats a really high dose
Yes the caber is high at 1 mg but when I go to break it in half I remember how much my wife loves the afect they have on me!

I am just spitballing, but I don’t think it weakens tendons.
What I think hapoened is the muscle grows first, and tendons lag behind.
So the tendons now are under capacity strength wise to your muscle. So as they have accelerated breakdown because they can’t heal fast enough to compensate for the over capacity work that is going on. So eventually they hit the breaking point and tear. Especially if you are running drugs that massively increase strength.

My thought is if you build your training program right and you have a good deload time, or a good break like a couple 2-3 weeks a couple times a year, it helps to allow the tendons to catch up.

Now will the tendons ever get in par with the muscle growth, obviously not because almost everyone whoo is pushing the size envelope tears a tendon. If you are likely giving the tendon enough time to catch up, you are not likely maximizing your muscle growth.

I know there are studies showing reduced tendon repair while on steroids, but I still think it has more to do with my theory.

Im not huge, but I try to listen to my body. If something is giving me a warning sign, I listen, I can’t afford to have a major injury like that.
I am not huge either and some times I push harder than I probably should

I ruptured my Achilles Tendon the doc didn't think my AAS use had anything to do with it, I used a BPC-157 and TB-500 combo site injection to help with recovery, Deca and NPP are good for joint health they won't help tendon recovery in my opinion, my doc also told me while I was in recovery to keep my test at 250mg a week to help the calf muscle grow back. If you're going to try the peptides buy them separately not the mix of both because you want to run different doses. I blew my Achilles throwing a flying knee the doc said 280 pound 40 year old men should probably be more careful in their activities they chose.
show off - I tore my meniscus doing yoga lol.

52 Years old
Current cycle:
test E 500 per week
tren E 400 per week
mast E 400 per week
caber 1 mg per week

I just completely tore my right distal bicep tendon lifting a stump that was way too big for me onto a fire and had to go for emergency surgery. The surgeon seemed to feel that anabolic steroids can cause weakness in tendons. I don’t plan to stop Juicing!

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Any tips for the 5 + Months of recovery will help.
There are a few articles based on AAS and tendons/ligaments and the info is not clear - or it wasn't to me.
I agree with a lot of what Sorbate said - most of the serious tendon injuries were when someone I know was getting too strong too fast on cycle and their clearly their tendons/ligaments can't keep up. Your muscles can get stronger quicker - especially guys who jump on gear when they first start lifting without the years/decades of building up your tendon strength.

The peptide that worked best for any ligament injury was BPC157 - like @Hussell said, if you use TB500 don't buy the combo.
I have used both extensively for different injuries - if you want any help with a protocol / opinion I am happy to provide it but I can only tell you what worked for me and the crew of guys I work out with.

good luck recovering.

There are a few articles based on AAS and tendons/ligaments and the info is not clear - or it wasn't to me.
I agree with a lot of what Sorbate said - most of the serious tendon injuries were when someone I know was getting too strong too fast on cycle and their clearly their tendons/ligaments can't keep up. Your muscles can get stronger quicker - especially guys who jump on gear when they first start lifting without the years/decades of building up your tendon strength.

The peptide that worked best for any ligament injury was BPC157 - like @Hussell said, if you use TB500 don't buy the combo.
I have used both extensively for different injuries - if you want any help with a protocol / opinion I am happy to provide it but I can only tell you what worked for me and the crew of guys I work out with.

good luck recovering.
Goldenrod, I would love to know what protocol you think would work best for my injury!
Right now I have my right arm wrapped in a compression bandage from elbow to hand with a plaster support inside. I am able to slightly bend at the elbow. Im supposed to keep this on for two weeks covering it when I shower. My arm aches a little bit and I do my best not to use my right hand. I would love to take the bandage off and see what they’ve done inside. I have only been able to sleep a few hours at a time because it is quite uncomfortable. I think It is most difficult mentally because I have all these things that I could be doing and just can’t with one arm.
I have test, anavar and MK 677 on hand and have access to BPC157.

From my personal experience with horrible tendinitis to the point where I couldn’t tie my work boots in the morning. I could not work back or biceps as a result. I almost had to stop going to the gym all together, even the day after working chest it would flare up. Knees were feeling a little sore too.

I got tired of it and ran 250 Deca and 600 test. With in two weeks I had less pain in the morning and I could actually work back and biceps.
I ran it for 16 weeks and now that I’ve come off cycle I have absolutely no pain at all. Even after heavy back days. No pain at all.

I strongly recommend Deca for its healing benefits. Hope this helps

From my personal experience with horrible tendinitis to the point where I couldn’t tie my work boots in the morning. I could not work back or biceps as a result. I almost had to stop going to the gym all together, even the day after working chest it would flare up. Knees were feeling a little sore too.

I got tired of it and ran 250 Deca and 600 test. With in two weeks I had less pain in the morning and I could actually work back and biceps.
I ran it for 16 weeks and now that I’ve come off cycle I have absolutely no pain at all. Even after heavy back days. No pain at all.

I strongly recommend Deca for its healing benefits. Hope this helps
How long have you been off the deca for? I find around week 3 is when you start to ache.
Maybe you’ll be fine though. 250 isn’t a lot. I was running like 50 mg a week and getting benefit as well. I was getting tired of my achy old man shoulders,

How long have you been off the deca for? I find around week 3 is when you start to ache.
Maybe you’ll be fine though. 250 isn’t a lot. I was running like 50 mg a week and getting benefit as well. I was getting tired of my achy old man shoulders,
About 4-5 weeks. I ran it before to help with my knees and it worked wonders. If I start having problems I’ll try a low dose weekly.

You guys are asking for trouble imo using deca to fix tendon issues. Didn't heal a damn thing for me. Sure it makes the pain go away. But so does tb500. I dont know who wrote that post years ago on another board about deca, eq and var healing tendons, but it was 100% bro science

Maybe you’ll be fine though. 250 isn’t a lot. I was running like 50 mg a week and getting benefits as well. I was getting tired of my achy old man shoulders,
I've added 50mg/week based on an old post of yours. Currently in week four and there's a substantial benefit to the meniscus pain I was having (Not a bucket tear. Still waiting for imaging). My TRT + Primo doses haven't changed.

Starting low and adjusting is best. There's always a chance you may get the same therapeutic response from 50 mg as with 250 mg.

You guys are asking for trouble imo using deca to fix tendon issues. Didn't heal a damn thing for me. Sure it makes the pain go away. But so does tb500. I dont know who wrote that post years ago on another board about deca, eq and var healing tendons, but it was 100% bro science
I get your point of view. You said the operative word: 'fix.' I'm personally using it to manage pain. I've used both BPC and TB; even those don't provide any quick fixes to tendon pain/damage.

IR brings up a very valid point about imbalances and the role they play in these types of injuries. If you don't tend to these, you'll always have issues. These substances just give us the time and mobility to tend to root causes.

I get your point of view. You said the operative word: 'fix.' I'm personally using it to manage pain. I've used both BPC and TB; even those don't provide any quick fixes to tendon pain/damage.

IR brings up a very valid point about imbalances and the role they play in these types of injuries. If you don't tend to these, you'll always have issues. These substances just give us the time and mobility to tend to root causes.
Definitely no quick fixes. I was 2 years healing a tendon and still didn't trust it 2 years later. I think sorbqte mentioned it earlier, but the problem I found with deca is i thought everything was fine and i was back to normal, just to realize i was just masking the pain and making it worse. Its a slow process.