AAS and sniffer dogs

ajfromab

ISYMFS
Trusted Member
I’ve been told that a sniffer dog can not detect testosterone because it’s very expensive to train the dogs for that, and can be ineffective because there dogs would be alerting on males who are naturally secreting testosterone. Can anyone verify this? Also what about other AAS like Deca D and Anavar etc..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to nexen oil sands about 4 years ago they’re security crazy 3 times as bad as any place I’ve been we were in orientation and they came in with 3 dogs I had open vails open orals test tren I was going there for 6 months so I was well stocked had it all in my kit bag all 3 dogs sniffed me and my bag and moved on

I went to nexen oil sands about 4 years ago they’re security crazy 3 times as bad as any place I’ve been we were in orientation and they came in with 3 dogs I had open vails open orals test tren I was going there for 6 months so I was well stocked had it all in my kit bag all 3 dogs sniffed me and my bag and moved on

Awesome thanks man. I’m gonna have to bring gear on site in the future here. I have a stash a fake shaving cream bottle, has my clomid in it because I’m on pct , and they didn’t react to that either

I never had no pct with me but I had everything else and they never picked it up I’d be more worried about being searched I don t work in the patch no more but from what am told there random searches now

I’ve been told that a sniffer dog can not detect testosterone because it’s very expensive to train the dogs for that, and can be ineffective because there dogs would be alerting on males who are naturally secreting testosterone. Can anyone verify this? Also what about other AAS like Deca D and Anavar etc..

I have no idea what particular situation you are concerned with and I would bet you are correct about the testosterone but there is a wrinkle in this sniffing dog thing. They can be trained to sniff out all manner of stuff though, I know I've heard of "associated" discoveries. For exam[le maybe they could be taught how to detect a particular oil or solvent instead of test and that would lead them to the test.
Pretty narrow focus needed still though, would anyone spend the time and resources though? Probably more likely in a place like Sweden (?) I think you can busted there just fo looking like you might be juicing.

I have no idea what particular situation you are concerned with and I would bet you are correct about the testosterone but there is a wrinkle in this sniffing dog thing. They can be trained to sniff out all manner of stuff though, I know I've heard of "associated" discoveries. For exam[le maybe they could be taught how to detect a particular oil or solvent instead of test and that would lead them to the test.
Pretty narrow focus needed still though, would anyone spend the time and resources though? Probably more likely in a place like Sweden (?) I think you can busted there just fo looking like you might be juicing.

Yeah well this dog just alerted on a girl who had prescription medication in her bag and they brought her back in after because she had prescription so I’m guessing they have a wide variety of things they search for. Never thought of oil though . And I mean I don’t wanna ask security here lmao

I'm working on a job starting tomorrow and they search us on the way in and out because of the nature and security of the job. I drive in and out instead of flying so can't speak to the dog searches.

I'm working on a job starting tomorrow and they search us on the way in and out because of the nature and security of the job. I drive in and out instead of flying so can't speak to the dog searches.

I got searched on my way in to this job as well this is what I put my pct in
b328337222ff679910331b435c30cd9f.jpg

I've seen those things.. Too bad I have a beard and haven't used a razor since high school. They make them as coke cans too.

That's a really good question, im going to be in a similar situation in about 6-7 months. Would you try bringing vials and pins in that thing if you have to go back? im still debating if I will or not.

Last edited:

I have numerous K9 teams working for me. To train a K9 for detection through a third party costs roughly 10k, including the cost of the dog. I would think law enforcement would have the capability to train in-house so I assume the training cost is much lower. What most people don't realize is that the handlers are often capable of training the dogs on new scents since training is literally part of their daily routine. Scent dogs are reward-based, typically with food. Meaning they don't eat from a dish like our pets, they only eat when they receive their reward for doing their job. So a K9 team must train every single day, multiple times per day. Those handlers really get good at learning the process, but they're not certified to do so which means even if the K9 can detect it, it wouldn't hold up in court unless they were trained by a certified trainer (hence why it costs 10k, it's mostly for that piece of paper lol)

So whoever told you that it's cost is 100% wrong. That said, LE has much bigger fish to fry and they're not going to train dogs to detect someone with elevated test levels when it's completely legal to use testosterone in this country.

A drug dog can be trained to smell almost anything. Security is gonna tell you they can smell steroids but I dont think thats what they are looking for. The dog handler told me they have to be a bit more leaniant now since weed is legal the dogs would be hitting everything. So it has to be a strong hit for them to actually check now.

Repeating what multiple people have said but if I wanted one of my dogs to detect PED's, they could do it. Dogs are being trained to detect specific diseases like cancer in humans - they are amazing animals. Dogs can detect hormonal secretions to alert their owner to a seizure coming (for example).

I haven't been involved in training any dogs for PED's but I trained several for bed bugs and other compounds.
Per Ironrobi, "That said, LE has much bigger fish to fry and they're not going to train dogs to detect someone with elevated test levels when it's completely legal to use testosterone in this country."

I have never heard of a dog being trained to detect any PED's but I will ask the trainers I work with. He trained all the dogs for LE in this city.

As some have mentioned, the dogs will only detect substances they’re trained to. So, it’s really dependent on the dog you get that day. IMO your big worries are x-rays, or a random search (pins and injectable medications are perfectly legal to fly with, according to CATSA’s website). I’d never advise anyone break the law and/or forge documentation. But one would think, you could scan/photoshop a legitimate prescription, into one that matches what’s in your bag. Doctors are notoriously hard to get ahold of, and it’s hard to imagine a busy security officer having time to look into something that hard, especially if everything appears legitimate. If all else fails, say you’re transitioning, and their line of questioning is hate speech.