AAS and high bodyfat %

Skarpyona

Trusted Member
There are certain clichés and recurring themes in the world of bodybuilding and PEDs.
"I just ate chicken rice and broccoli to get big"
"First cycle should be 500mg of test, now shut the fuck up"
"Cardio kills gainz"

But one that always had me raising eyebrows was "newbies shouldn't run AAS at high bodyfat percentage" as well as "blasting on a cut is a waste".

Now for anyone who is remotely experienced and has a good underlying knowledge of AAS and their mechanism of action, this will be pointing out the obvious and claiming the sky is in fact, blue.

This is not directed at you. My regaling is directed towards the kid who is looking to dip their toes in the world of PEDs, specifically the stubborn ones who have been told to perform 10 sets of fork-put-downs before even thinking about AAS but wants to anyways. I'm going to delve into my experience doing the opposite of what conventional knowledge tells you to.

Background

I've been dabbling with PEDs on and off for close to 10 years, with a relatively long hiatus of 5 years due to an accident and life getting in the way. Prior to my accident I was sitting in at a reasonable 225lbs at 13% BF with intermediate level (by my standards) lifts

At the beginning of my experiment, I was a portly 25% bf sitting in at 245lbs. Gross.
Progress was tracked daily, with dietary, exercise, and weight journals being meticulously kept. A body fat caliper and several measurements in different areas were taken to verify and validate body fat.

Over the 6 months of this experiment, I would make changes in diet every 8 weeks. I began with 3000 calories, which was my calculated TDEE given the manual labor and being on my feet for 10 hours a day entrails. I would later drop down to 2500 cals after my 8 week block was up, to finally finish on 2k cals on the last stretch of my journey.

AAS followed the same suite.
I began with 500 of testosterone and 300mg of Masteron E for 8 weeks, to switch to 250 test e + 200 of tren e, to finish with 250 test and 200 primo.

Synopsis

The first 8 weeks were rather uneventful. In the time frame I adhered to a high protein, low carb diet, aiming for 225-250g of protein, sub 60g carb, and moderate amount of fats. I would also do intermittent fasting which made for meals to be rather... Voluminous.
I would perform 30-60 minutes of LISS, 4-6 times per week, followed by your typical PPL split.
Visual recomposition was starting to take place at week 6. Calipers confirmed 21-22% bf at the end of this stage at 243lbs. Heart rate and BP stayed in range of 125-130 over 75-80.

The tren debacle.

Hands down, there is nothing quite as potent, powerful, and frightening like tren. I've commented on my use here in another post and if you remember, my coming off of the compound was due to the health ramifications it brought on. I tapped out after 4 weeks, due to my blood pressure skyrocketing up to 150 over 100. If it wasn't for that factor, I would have endured the remaining 4 weeks.
In that short time frame, bodyweight was down 239lbs but more impressively, bodyfat was 17-18%. Workouts never stalled, the working volume kept increasing, and I felt g o o d.

Primobolan, blood work, cruise

With tren sides still in my system, I wanted to make sure the next compound I would play with would be more docile on my health and it's markers. What better than everyone's poster child for "healthy steroid" like primo? With 200mg weekly of primo plus 250 test, I would continue on the same program I have concocted with 2 modifications: switching to 3 full body workouts per week due to time constraints, and an additional 500 calorie restriction. Progress was less dramatic, but still apparent and weight was still coming off. At the end of this block, I dabbled with some anavar for 2 weeks to see what the hype was about, to settle on a cruising dosage of 150 test with 80mg of primobolan. Weight at the end of this block was 231 with a recorded BF of 15-16%.

Conclusion

My health markers came back in an unsurprising fashion. HDL and LDL were skewered, due to a 3 week block between orals and the blood test, but triglycerides were perfect, hemocrit, RBC were elevated but within range. I also discovered I have hypothyroidism which is hereditary in my case. Fun.

Today, I weigh 226lbs, and am continuing to cut and lose bodyfat, but on a much more reasonable doses.

Whether I was blasting or on a more reasonable cruising dosage, cutting progress was more or less the same and not AAS dependant. Diet, CICO, and cardio made much more of an impact than the hormones. This conclusion could have been easily reached without having to subject myself to it.
"Skarpyona, you fat fucking pinecone. If you knew this already, why put yourself through it?"

I am a stubborn ape and it's something I wanted to try for the sheer sake of finding out for myself and seeing what exactly would happen in my case.

So does AAS help? Yes, with an asterisk. If I had to make a recommendation based on what I learned, it's that a cruising dose is all you need to help maintain muscle mass on a cut. To a beginner, this would absolutely be wasted given the fact if you're new and overweight, you do not have any foundation or underlying knowledge of how to exercise, diet, and how to properly use and control the hormones you are injecting. I glossed over a fair amount of material, but controlling estrogen and the elevated levels of aromatisation high bodyfat brings on is just one of a multitude of health problems you can have.

Would I do this again? Absolutely not. It was interesting, but as stated before, by myself, or others, diet, cardio, and will power will take you further than drugs ever will.

There are certain clichés and recurring themes in the world of bodybuilding and PEDs.
"I just ate chicken rice and broccoli to get big"
"First cycle should be 500mg of test, now shut the fuck up"
"Cardio kills gainz"

But one that always had me raising eyebrows was "newbies shouldn't run AAS at high bodyfat percentage" as well as "blasting on a cut is a waste".

Now for anyone who is remotely experienced and has a good underlying knowledge of AAS and their mechanism of action, this will be pointing out the obvious and claiming the sky is in fact, blue.

This is not directed at you. My regaling is directed towards the kid who is looking to dip their toes in the world of PEDs, specifically the stubborn ones who have been told to perform 10 sets of fork-put-downs before even thinking about AAS but wants to anyways. I'm going to delve into my experience doing the opposite of what conventional knowledge tells you to.

Background

I've been dabbling with PEDs on and off for close to 10 years, with a relatively long hiatus of 5 years due to an accident and life getting in the way. Prior to my accident I was sitting in at a reasonable 225lbs at 13% BF with intermediate level (by my standards) lifts

At the beginning of my experiment, I was a portly 25% bf sitting in at 245lbs. Gross.
Progress was tracked daily, with dietary, exercise, and weight journals being meticulously kept. A body fat caliper and several measurements in different areas were taken to verify and validate body fat.

Over the 6 months of this experiment, I would make changes in diet every 8 weeks. I began with 3000 calories, which was my calculated TDEE given the manual labor and being on my feet for 10 hours a day entrails. I would later drop down to 2500 cals after my 8 week block was up, to finally finish on 2k cals on the last stretch of my journey.

AAS followed the same suite.
I began with 500 of testosterone and 300mg of Masteron E for 8 weeks, to switch to 250 test e + 200 of tren e, to finish with 250 test and 200 primo.

Synopsis

The first 8 weeks were rather uneventful. In the time frame I adhered to a high protein, low carb diet, aiming for 225-250g of protein, sub 60g carb, and moderate amount of fats. I would also do intermittent fasting which made for meals to be rather... Voluminous.
I would perform 30-60 minutes of LISS, 4-6 times per week, followed by your typical PPL split.
Visual recomposition was starting to take place at week 6. Calipers confirmed 21-22% bf at the end of this stage at 243lbs. Heart rate and BP stayed in range of 125-130 over 75-80.

The tren debacle.

Hands down, there is nothing quite as potent, powerful, and frightening like tren. I've commented on my use here in another post and if you remember, my coming off of the compound was due to the health ramifications it brought on. I tapped out after 4 weeks, due to my blood pressure skyrocketing up to 150 over 100. If it wasn't for that factor, I would have endured the remaining 4 weeks.
In that short time frame, bodyweight was down 239lbs but more impressively, bodyfat was 17-18%. Workouts never stalled, the working volume kept increasing, and I felt g o o d.

Primobolan, blood work, cruise

With tren sides still in my system, I wanted to make sure the next compound I would play with would be more docile on my health and it's markers. What better than everyone's poster child for "healthy steroid" like primo? With 200mg weekly of primo plus 250 test, I would continue on the same program I have concocted with 2 modifications: switching to 3 full body workouts per week due to time constraints, and an additional 500 calorie restriction. Progress was less dramatic, but still apparent and weight was still coming off. At the end of this block, I dabbled with some anavar for 2 weeks to see what the hype was about, to settle on a cruising dosage of 150 test with 80mg of primobolan. Weight at the end of this block was 231 with a recorded BF of 15-16%.

Conclusion

My health markers came back in an unsurprising fashion. HDL and LDL were skewered, due to a 3 week block between orals and the blood test, but triglycerides were perfect, hemocrit, RBC were elevated but within range. I also discovered I have hypothyroidism which is hereditary in my case. Fun.

Today, I weigh 226lbs, and am continuing to cut and lose bodyfat, but on a much more reasonable doses.

Whether I was blasting or on a more reasonable cruising dosage, cutting progress was more or less the same and not AAS dependant. Diet, CICO, and cardio made much more of an impact than the hormones. This conclusion could have been easily reached without having to subject myself to it.
"Skarpyona, you fat fucking pinecone. If you knew this already, why put yourself through it?"

I am a stubborn ape and it's something I wanted to try for the sheer sake of finding out for myself and seeing what exactly would happen in my case.

So does AAS help? Yes, with an asterisk. If I had to make a recommendation based on what I learned, it's that a cruising dose is all you need to help maintain muscle mass on a cut. To a beginner, this would absolutely be wasted given the fact if you're new and overweight, you do not have any foundation or underlying knowledge of how to exercise, diet, and how to properly use and control the hormones you are injecting. I glossed over a fair amount of material, but controlling estrogen and the elevated levels of aromatisation high bodyfat brings on is just one of a multitude of health problems you can have.

Would I do this again? Absolutely not. It was interesting, but as stated before, by myself, or others, diet, cardio, and will power will take you further than drugs ever will.
Awesome read man . You put your heart into it ..

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Awesome read man . You put your heart into it ..

Thanks man! It was an ongoing project that I almost didn't bother posting because I wasn't sure if it would even be interesting to begin with.

Instead of telling a newbie "AAS is bad when you are a higher bf", I really wanted to illustrate the point by living it myself. I don't know if I drove the point home enough that estrogen control and BP are just some of the visible problems you deal with, skewered lipids and arterial plaque buildup are things we face regardless of health and size.

I did not see another post of yours with what you had going on for you with health ramifications from tren use.
Ironic I would see this just now as you and I had just gotten to the topic elsewhere.
What had gone on there, or can you link that thread/ article?
Ive got little experience with tren but would like to acquire some use with it (successfully)
Thanks man! 🙏🤙

Thanks man! It was an ongoing project that I almost didn't bother posting because I wasn't sure if it would even be interesting to begin with.

Instead of telling a newbie "AAS is bad when you are a higher bf", I really wanted to illustrate the point by living it myself. I don't know if I drove the point home enough that estrogen control and BP are just some of the visible problems you deal with, skewered lipids and arterial plaque buildup are things we face regardless of health and size.
It was definitely inspiring. Someone can take from this for sure

I agree, gear will help you lose fat if you already have the basic knowledge on nutrition and training.

Also I think you are limiting your gains eating chicken and broccoli

Also there is nothing wrong with an oral only cycle at first, or using less than 500 mg of test, or running less test with an oral. Like 300mmg of test with 30 mg dbol first cycle.

I think why the advice is given is because others hope they don’t make the same mistakes they did and think gear will be the fix.

And no way a noob should run tren. I don’t know how many threads I’ve read of people efgr being hammered by tren. That shit should really be avoided. Cows sure, but who cares about their long term health, they will be killed at a young age before issues will present themselves.

But this is my opinion. People are allowed to experiment with their body how they see fit.

I like your experience though, thanks.

I agree, gear will help you lose fat if you already have the basic knowledge on nutrition and training.

Also I think you are limiting your gains eating chicken and broccoli

Also there is nothing wrong with an oral only cycle at first, or using less than 500 mg of test, or running less test with an oral. Like 300mmg of test with 30 mg dbol first cycle.

I think why the advice is given is because others hope they don’t make the same mistakes they did and think gear will be the fix.

And no way a noob should run tren. I don’t know how many threads I’ve read of people efgr being hammered by tren. That shit should really be avoided. Cows sure, but who cares about their long term health, they will be killed at a young age before issues will present themselves.

But this is my opinion. People are allowed to experiment with their body how they see fit.

I like your experience though, thanks.
I was poking fun of the fake natties with my chicken broccoli comment! It seems time and time again when you hear celebs or these instagramtiktokers get asked how they got jacked, they all answer the cliché "I just ate chicken rice broccoli and worked out really hard". It's almost uncanny.

I agree that you don't have to take 500mg of test as a first cycle. This way of thinking is less prevalent than when I was young and first getting into PEDs. The younger generation seem to be more in favor of smaller, longer doses which is where it's at IMHO.

I believe the more experienced guys regurgitate "be lean and have a foundation before PEDs" because it's tiresome explaining how in sparing quantities in certain applications it can be beneficial but you need the understanding to go down that road etc etc. Noobs will just hear "yes it's okay" and use it as a cop-out. Kind of like an unwritten rule to protect the young dumbshits.

Tren absolutely blew my mind. Everything they say about it is true, even on "low dosages". It has also given me significantly more respect for the compound and I'd go as far as saying no reasonable person should entertain using it in their first 5 cycles. It's kind of like deciding okay for the first time I'm going to do drugs, I'm going to skip marijuana and jump right into fentanyl. Where do you progress from there? There's a certain amount of fun I've had over the years starting small and working my way up through the compounds. I'd feel cheated jumping right into tren from the get go. Let's not even bring up how exponentially worse it is for your health than just about any other hormone.

I hope at the very least I could have been somewhat entertaining and bring some different content to the table! 🙂

@Skarpyona

Good, worldly knowledge in your post and journey. There are a few things in this here world that I think I called "inconvenient truths" or something similar in a recent post. Things that we feel the need to be protective about so that guys (and gals) don't just hang their hat on part of the equation. Your story is a great insight into one of them and the path to understanding that hopefully will be of service.

A good thread for higher BF guys with curiosity - this guy did it, so you don’t have to 😆

Experience and knowledge of your own body is key... as you stated in your post.

I don't think younger people with zero knowledge should dabble in aas lean or fat... without first learning the mechanics of thier body..... calories and macros needed to grow, lean etc... also a solid workout plan. Most of all consistently and dedication. Then a ton of solid research.. .after that, you are in your best position to begin the dive into aas.

As for being overweight and using... I do it all the time, when I let myself go. For work, family or covid-19 related issues.. lol
Life happens.. .when you have a demanding career and 5 kids.... and in your 40s ... not always able to keep myself at 14% bf or less.

But when I use gear, with a clean diet and workout plan... it helps me greatly.
Now I tend to need more NAC and fish oil, to keep feeling healthy on a cycle when I'm out of shape.
But I think the fact even when I'm out of shape and 18-22% bf... there is still alot of muscle there also. That may help.

My advice take enough NAC and liver support.. .keep a close eye on blood pressure and cholesterol if you run a cycle, when bf % is a little high.

This was a great post.
Thanks @Skarpyona

I was poking fun of the fake natties with my chicken broccoli comment! It seems time and time again when you hear celebs or these instagramtiktokers get asked how they got jacked, they all answer the cliché "I just ate chicken rice broccoli and worked out really hard". It's almost uncanny.

I agree that you don't have to take 500mg of test as a first cycle. This way of thinking is less prevalent than when I was young and first getting into PEDs. The younger generation seem to be more in favor of smaller, longer doses which is where it's at IMHO.

I believe the more experienced guys regurgitate "be lean and have a foundation before PEDs" because it's tiresome explaining how in sparing quantities in certain applications it can be beneficial but you need the understanding to go down that road etc etc. Noobs will just hear "yes it's okay" and use it as a cop-out. Kind of like an unwritten rule to protect the young dumbshits.

Tren absolutely blew my mind. Everything they say about it is true, even on "low dosages". It has also given me significantly more respect for the compound and I'd go as far as saying no reasonable person should entertain using it in their first 5 cycles. It's kind of like deciding okay for the first time I'm going to do drugs, I'm going to skip marijuana and jump right into fentanyl. Where do you progress from there? There's a certain amount of fun I've had over the years starting small and working my way up through the compounds. I'd feel cheated jumping right into tren from the get go. Let's not even bring up how exponentially worse it is for your health than just about any other hormone.

I hope at the very least I could have been somewhat entertaining and bring some different content to the table! 🙂
Dead on the money.
‘Tren is rough. After about a month of useage my pee started to foam really bad, like fill the toilet bowl and foam up foaming. I thought for sure I was peeing protein.
I got all the tests and was fine, as far as the blood work and my doctor was conserned. But it took over a year until it greatly reduced. Even to this day, 3 years later, almost never do I pee and there is no foam, compared to before when it was about 50% of the time.

So for me, I’ll never use it again. Just not worth it.

Truthfully I got I’m better shape on primo and being tighter on my diet than mentally fucked up on tren, not keeping things as tight.

I will always advise guys to just do test for a first "cycle" to see how they feel, but it's only because that is what I wish I would have done. I don't expect they will take my advice farther than 3 weeks into it. People are impatient.

Appreciate this thread. I'm not sure what qualifies as "high body fat", I've never actually been tested, but think I may fluctuate and cap up to the 20-22% range based on pics on the internet of dudes and cartoons with "22% body fat". I've been up and down all my life depending on how busy my life is with kids and so on. (busy life = no gym) I can say this, what used to take me upwards of a year to turn around and shed fat to a comfortable amount now takes 1/2 that time. My current secret isn't chicken and rice, it's Test, Primo, and a splash of Proviron. The diet and exercise have been consistent with or without. Do I think this would work for someone with a higher body fat % than me? yes. The only thing I would suggest is to hit the gym first for 4-6 weeks, then add low test for the next, then decide from there. Also, 100% buy a blood pressure monitor and watch it daily. Don't forget, you're fat... and at higher risk of almost everything.

I will always advise guys to just do test for a first "cycle" to see how they feel, but it's only because that is what I wish I would have done. I don't expect they will take my advice farther than 3 weeks into it. People are impatient.

Appreciate this thread. I'm not sure what qualifies as "high body fat", I've never actually been tested, but think I may fluctuate and cap up to the 20-22% range based on pics on the internet of dudes and cartoons with "22% body fat". I've been up and down all my life depending on how busy my life is with kids and so on. (busy life = no gym) I can say this, what used to take me upwards of a year to turn around and shed fat to a comfortable amount now takes 1/2 that time. My current secret isn't chicken and rice, it's Test, Primo, and a splash of Proviron. The diet and exercise have been consistent with or without. Do I think this would work for someone with a higher body fat % than me? yes. The only thing I would suggest is to hit the gym first for 4-6 weeks, then add low test for the next, then decide from there. Also, 100% buy a blood pressure monitor and watch it daily. Don't forget, you're fat... and at higher risk of almost everything.
I think evaluating body fat % is hard because most of the calipers kits do not take in the fact that we have more muscle than average.
so my caliper kit may say I’m 28% where I may be 20, also most I bet if are heavy and just starting out are way higher than they think.
so when someone new says 18% I’m thinking 38%. Lol.

I am going to play devil advocate

if you can not get peeled ( loose term look ABOVE average and chemically enchanced) on a good strong diet with 12+ weeks no cheat meals, cardio and a good cycle example prop tren then Masteron when your leaner with clen and an AI then best to do another hobby

if your juicing and not dieting .. trying and trying but can’t get low body fat then what’s the point… maybe I am wrong but I believe most of our goal is to be a jacked strong fucking machine with abs and vascular and pumped and get looks from people feeling alpha and accomplished to change your
Body to new levels by your hard work and cycle planning and cardio

I think evaluating body fat % is hard because most of the calipers kits do not take in the fact that we have more muscle than average.
so my caliper kit may say I’m 28% where I may be 20, also most I bet if are heavy and just starting out are way higher than they think.
so when someone new says 18% I’m thinking 38%. Lol.
lol.. shit, that makes me 42%+ in the off-seasons. I would like to get a Hydrostatic weighing after a bit more work.

Awesome post man, really insightful and well written.

Time for me to ignore it and proceed to shoot 2g of Tren regardless :ROFLMAO: (jk)

lol.. shit, that makes me 42%+ in the off-seasons. I would like to get a Hydrostatic weighing after a bit more work.
I got that done at a gym in Edmonton when I was 27 and in wicked shape, can’t remember the name of the place though now, it was owned by pocklington at the time.
I was 8% and my wife was 11%.
My wife was 35 at the time and the only girl who beat her was one doing a fitness competition in a couple weeks, lol.
‘I got the lecture from a couple trainers there that she was too lean, going to have issues and so on.

About a month later I got my first hernia.

‘I may have not been as big natural, but fuck was I ripped all the time.

When dealing with newbies and the like, from my observations it seems they think AAS will transform them. Indeed it is the opinion of most people who no nothing about AAS. Like it's some miracle drug. From that standpoint I can understand their rationale.

But as you rightly stated, from an experience standpoint, AAS use while at higher body fat percentages creates a whole other can of worms.

If their diet isn't on point after their cycle, they run the risk of actually getting fatter.

For me personally I found the aesthetic effects better and my side effects lessened. Maintaining a lower body fat year round allows you to see the compounds affect on your body much easier.

Great post. AAS should always be considered a supplement to what you're already doing well. Not the foundation from which you're trying to negate bad habits.