A Welcomed Change!

SonOfOdin

Patience, Determination, Success
Trusted Member
So doing some research and fumbling around with eating right on the road. I have stumbled upon a health path in which I shall soon tread.

My company pays quite well for eating expenses per day on the road. Quick and easy is my Co - Operators way. Hence why he is 295 lbs and grotesquely obese.

So instead of bickering with him for a healthier alternative I’ve decided to make a step forward by investing in a yeti cooler and a subscription to hello fresh every second Friday.

#1 Saves me money by cutting food expenses in half.
#2 Wife likes the idea and will cook a weeks worth of meals on Sundays.
#3 No more repeat meals everyday.
#4 Places me into a happier caloric state paired with a protein increase of roughly 40%
#5 cuts 95% of the garbage chemicals I have been ingesting since back to work.

Has anyone else went this route? If so how did you like it. I’ve sampled a few of there meals as my sister received a box before she moved. I was extremely impressed with the freshness and simple yet intricately flavoured meals.

Regards
SonOfOdin

Last edited:
So doing some research and fumbling around with eating right on the road. I have stumbled upon a health path in which I shall soon tread.

My company pays quite well for eating expenses per day on the road. Quick and easy is my Co - Operators way. Hence why he is 295 lbs and grotesquely obese.

So instead of bickering with him for a healthier alternative I’ve decided to make a step forward by investing in a yeti cooler and a subscription to hello fresh every second Friday.

#1 Saves me money by cutting food expenses in half.
#2 Wife likes the idea and will cook a weeks worth of meals on Sundays.
#3 No more repeat meals everyday.
#4 Places me into a happier caloric state paired with a protein increase of roughly 40%
#5 cuts 95% of the garbage chemicals I have been ingesting since back to work.

Has anyone else went this route? If so how did you like it. I’ve sampled a few of there meals as my sister received a box before she moved. I was extremely impressed with the freshness and simple yet intricately flavoured meals.

Regards
SonOfOdin

I don’t have enough time to cook 6 times a day at 30 minutes per time. I just cook about 15 cups of rice with about 7-8 chicken breasts and 7-8 steaks and then all I gotta do is put some butter on the rice and microwave it and it’s ready to go. I had a hello fresh subscription but the constant cooking was just too much.

I don’t have enough time to cook 6 times a day at 30 minutes per time. I just cook about 15 cups of rice with about 7-8 chicken breasts and 7-8 steaks and then all I gotta do is put some butter on the rice and microwave it and it’s ready to go. I had a hello fresh subscription but the constant cooking was just too much.
Yes if I had to cook it all I wouldn’t of gone for it. I’m treating it as hybrid meal prep. Did you like the food you got from them?

Regards
SonOfOdin

I work on the road and nutrition can definitely be a challenge. If you're in a vehicle.... don't both with a yeti cooler, just get a 12v plug-in cooler. It's essentially a fridge. You can get a power adapter and bring it into a hotel with you too if your company makes you stay at the cheaper motels that don't have fridges in the rooms.

The absolute game changer for me was one of these.

There's a bunch on amazon too. Store your food in glass containers and pack a bit of aluminum foil. Half hour before meal time, replace the cover with the foil, throw it in your portable oven and in 20-30mins you've got yourself a nice hot meal.