A Caution to members giving medical advice when they are not a medical professional

Taureau

Administrator
Please exersize caution following any medical advice from someone that is not a medical professional.

Because there is medical advice and there is bro science.
sometimes bro science is bang on. sometimes its based on one individuals experiences
there is a reason doctors go to school for so many years
part of that is for them to know that one individual's experience does not negate medical knowledge based on laboratory testing and such

So if anyone that is not a trained medical professional wants to give medical advice please let the person know that your not a medical professional and as such they should be cautious in following your advice because it is either regurgitation of a professional's knowledge you have read or its bro science. and if its regurgitation of something you have read please add a link to your post so others can check it for themselves

Good advice. It’s all cool to chat about experiences and help with cycles etc. Docs don’t help much.
But when experiencing health issues, lots of weird advice on boards, some outright dangerous.
I try to refer to professionals or a natural remedy etc if not sounding serious.
But a doc can get you better many times and bad advice can make some worse many times.
Some folks are Ben have doctor or claim to be med professional on some boards.
Good advice once again Taureau.

new here and read without signing in fair amount. am i wrong or is this directed at a person?no offense to anyone but i read one member acting like a doctor.maybe he is:unsure:

new here and read without signing in fair amount. am i wrong or is this directed at a person?no offense to anyone but i read one member acting like a doctor.maybe he is:unsure:
We have actual doctors and medical professionals here, then we have allot of extremely knowledgeable members that probably know more than your average doctor about Hormones and blood work, and we also have some that know what they’ve read on Google.
All boards have a fair mix, you just have to be careful who you’re taking advice from. Do your own due diligence and you’ll be fine I’m sure.

The forum is medical information medical advice can only be legally given to you by a lisenced doctor.

Being generally honest, google is full of shit for the most part, it will twist your mind so far up your ass you won't know left from right.

Google has its place, but labs will tell you whats wrong usually, but its still a trial and error to uncover the issue, doctors don't just magically look at there little 10 panel blood work and no whats wrong, there's a process which makes sharing advise hard, because the issue could be multiple things or not even what you think, most times more labs are needed till you find the root cause, the one thing i found helpful, was to pull all the labs needed, most times seeing the whole picture will help you find out whats wrong. The issue is doctors like to save the government money and only pull a few things at once.

Im a dr, doctor of love ❤️

Being generally honest, google is full of shit for the most part, it will twist your mind so far up your ass you won't know left from right.

Google has its place, but labs will tell you whats wrong usually, but its still a trial and error to uncover the issue, doctors don't just magically look at there little 10 panel blood work and no whats wrong, there's a process which makes sharing advise hard, because the issue could be multiple things or not even what you think, most times more labs are needed till you find the root cause, the one thing i found helpful, was to pull all the labs needed, most times seeing the whole picture will help you find out whats wrong. The issue is doctors like to save the government money and only pull a few things at once.

When I was younger I used to look up my symptoms online, worst thing to do lol i’ll be like freaking out thinking I’m dying.

Google, especially after the Early 2020 update, (it was either the Jan, or May, I can't remember) right after COVID, made searching for anything health, medicine or medication related, nearly useless. Most of the human-written search results for these topics, have been replaced by hits that score high with the algorithm, and are clearly machine-written, or amalgamations of information with questionable sourcing. This directly reduced the weighting of anecdotal COVID related results, in favour of "higher priority" results (such as government pages, which is absolutely fine, all things considered).

Case in point, try googling anything about drug use or addiction. You get a hundred canned results from scammy rehab centres, and a number of government pages, with next to no actual content.

Last edited: