8 Week Blood Test Results Looking for Guidance

MuscleBeard

Trusted Member
Looking for some guidance on my blood test results, 8 weeks into my cycle. 400mg test-e per week. Currently injecting 3x per week and taking .25mg adex EOD

Results:

Testosterone: 52.01 nmol/L (ref range 7.6 - 31.4 )

SHBG: 51nmol/L (ref range 16 - 55 )

Free androgen index: unable to calculate

Prolactin: **473 mlu/L (**ref range 86 - 324 )

Estradiol: <44 pmol/L (ref range <192)
I am feeling pretty confused about my results to be honest. So my prolactin is obviously too high. Here is my issue. I posted previously looking for some help on AI dosing as I was having nipple sensitivity (no lactating) however I had no other high e2 sides, just the nipple sensitivity. Started dosing .25mg adex EOD and while it did seem to help, I had (and still have) more joint pain than normal, leading me to believe that perhaps I do not need an AI and perhaps my nipple sensitivity was from high prolactin. Also for some reason they could not calculate my free androgen index, however doing so myself by dividing testosterone by SHBG, it comes out to 102, which is still technically in the normal range. My total test is above the reference range but it is not overly high and my SHBG is right at the top end of normal.

I have P5P available for the prolactin and will start dosing 200mg a day to see if that helps. I am wondering if my high SHBG is limiting the effectiveness of my testosterone.

Right now I am considering dropping my .25mg adex EOD (or maybe just doing it once a week to start) and taking 200mg P5P. Just wondering if I should look into proviron or something similar?

I am feeling a little defeated as I thought 400mg of test per week would have my total testosterone higher and clearly I am having prolactin issues despite not using a 19-nor. Hard for me to decipher if I even need an AI for my nipple sensitivity or if I just need to get my prolactin in range and drop the AI.

If it helps, my pre cycle SHBG was 49nmol/L, unfortunately do not have pre cycle prolactin.

Not sure why letsgetchecked could not calculate my andorgen index either. Just says there could be a number of factors as to why.

This forum has been incredibly helpful to me so any guidance is much appreciated.

Looking for some guidance on my blood test results, 8 weeks into my cycle. 400mg test-e per week. Currently injecting 3x per week and taking .25mg adex EOD

Results:

Testosterone: 52.01 nmol/L (ref range 7.6 - 31.4 )

SHBG: 51nmol/L (ref range 16 - 55 )

Free androgen index: unable to calculate

Prolactin: **473 mlu/L (**ref range 86 - 324 )

Estradiol: <44 pmol/L (ref range <192)
I am feeling pretty confused about my results to be honest. So my prolactin is obviously too high. Here is my issue. I posted previously looking for some help on AI dosing as I was having nipple sensitivity (no lactating) however I had no other high e2 sides, just the nipple sensitivity. Started dosing .25mg adex EOD and while it did seem to help, I had (and still have) more joint pain than normal, leading me to believe that perhaps I do not need an AI and perhaps my nipple sensitivity was from high prolactin. Also for some reason they could not calculate my free androgen index, however doing so myself by dividing testosterone by SHBG, it comes out to 102, which is still technically in the normal range. My total test is above the reference range but it is not overly high and my SHBG is right at the top end of normal.

I have P5P available for the prolactin and will start dosing 200mg a day to see if that helps. I am wondering if my high SHBG is limiting the effectiveness of my testosterone.

Right now I am considering dropping my .25mg adex EOD (or maybe just doing it once a week to start) and taking 200mg P5P. Just wondering if I should look into proviron or something similar?

I am feeling a little defeated as I thought 400mg of test per week would have my total testosterone higher and clearly I am having prolactin issues despite not using a 19-nor. Hard for me to decipher if I even need an AI for my nipple sensitivity or if I just need to get my prolactin in range and drop the AI.

If it helps, my pre cycle SHBG was 49nmol/L, unfortunately do not have pre cycle prolactin.

Not sure why letsgetchecked could not calculate my andorgen index either. Just says there could be a number of factors as to why.

This forum has been incredibly helpful to me so any guidance is much appreciated.
You actually don't know what your total testosterone is because LGC test results are actually capped 52.01 nmol/l
You are also right about your Estadiol, it is very low and likely causing your joint pain, I'd drop the Adex right away.
Your prolactin is out of range but not super high, there are many factors that could have lead to that. I do not believe that your level requires any caber to lower as you should be able to lower it by natural remedies. Ensuring you're getting enough Zinc, calcium, magnesium, and Vitamin D will definitely help to bring that lower.

Hey man,

Don't worry about your prolactin being a little elevated, not a big deal unless your nips are leaking/getting sides. I had mine upto 1000 and no sides, all good. You can use P-5-P (way more effective than normal "B6")...200mg a day will definitely bring yours back into range.

My prolactin is high if my E2 is high, bring my E2 down prolactin falls with it.

Your E2 is way too low for blasting, lay off the adex for a bit.

Appreciate the advice guys. I did not know that letsgetchecked capped the testosterone levels. That's relieving. I thought I was perhaps a low responder or something.

I will start the 200mg p5p as I have it on hand. 100mg morning/night fine?

SHBG still in the high normal range ok on cycle? Everyone always says you want a little lower SHBG so your body uses the test better but I didn't know if that was broscience or not lol.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

I can't comment on the p5p as I've never taken it but I know @ABMonkey or others can give that advice.

You SHBG is high but you are just in range and your body will still be able to utilize the the extra hormones. SHBG and it's full function is not fully understood, there is definitely some understanding of it's function but not completely.
Your SHBG is more or less predetermined by genetics and hard to actually lower. There are a few threads that have some good info and may help you to understand.
I also believe that your higher SHBG is contributing to the fact that you do not require an AI as there is also less unbound circclating estrogen in your system.

I can't comment on the p5p as I've never taken it but I know @ABMonkey or others can give that advice.

You SHBG is high but you are just in range and your body will still be able to utilize the the extra hormones. SHBG and it's full function is not fully understood, there is definitely some understanding of it's function but not completely.
Your SHBG is more or less predetermined by genetics and hard to actually lower. There are a few threads that have some good info and may help you to understand.
I also believe that your higher SHBG is contributing to the fact that you do not require an AI as there is also less unbound circclating estrogen in your system.
That makes sense, yeah I had done some reading and that was one of my thoughts about why it seems I do not need an AI. I guess the nipple pain threw me off so hopefully P5P can help get the prolactin under control if that is what is in fact causing the nipple pain.

Appreciate the insight. Happy I found this forum and this community. I will give it a few weeks and recheck.

You bet, I've been there too....thrown an AI in because of symptoms and caused more issues for myself then if I would have just waited and had bloodwork done.
No normal male wants to grow tits so there is more of a fear of developing gyno than anything else almost. Can't blame you for being cautious bud.

Definately drop the AI. Even on 500 mg test majority of guys won’t need an AI if they’re injecting frequently enough to have stable blood levels. If you did one shot a week of 500 mg test your body would aromatize a lot and then crash.

Keeping SHBG normal range is good as your body is able to regulate the hormones. If your SHBG was low your free androgen index would be off the chart and you’d have tons of free test and androgens floating around in your body. Yes, potentially more muscle mass but a lot of unwanted sides too. The negatives out weigh the potential muscle gain

Definately drop the AI. Even on 500 mg test majority of guys won’t need an AI if they’re injecting frequently enough to have stable blood levels. If you did one shot a week of 500 mg test your body would aromatize a lot and then crash.

Keeping SHBG normal range is good as your body is able to regulate the hormones. If your SHBG was low your free androgen index would be off the chart and you’d have tons of free test and androgens floating around in your body. Yes, potentially more muscle mass but a lot of unwanted sides too. The negatives out weigh the potential muscle gain
Appreciate the information. I've done some more research and the credible sources are saying the exact same thing as you all.

Cheers!

Thought I should update. Since implementing 200mg P5P and 400iu vitamin E daily and dropping AI, things have gotten much better. Definitely had estrogen too low. My fullness has increased quite substantially. Going to retest blood in a few weeks but anecdotally the natural prolactin control supplements are working well. No fluid or sensitivity in the nipple at all. I also added vit d, magnesium and zinc back into my daily supplements.