6 months on T. No changes

DaveGrant

Trusted Member
So it’s been 6 months now that I have been on TRT. 3 months on cream with no change so I switched to test cyp. Just did my 6 month bloodwork and my numbers have gone down. I am at .40 2x/week. I inject into my deltoid im. The nurse today says I must not be taking it as my numbers should be up not down. Any idea what’s going on?

I now have to do another round of bloodwork for her to check my levels again as she think the test is faulty

as per FitTrader, folks here will need more detailed info.
0.40 means what? cc's? mg?
when was blood drawn compared to last shot?
what time, day were shots? how consistent was last few weeks of shots before draw?
other meds?
even diet, rec drugs, booze etc could be a factor. (careful with rec drug talk please)

as per FitTrader, folks here will need more detailed info.
0.40 means what? cc's? mg?
when was blood drawn compared to last shot?
what time, day were shots? how consistent was last few weeks of shots before draw?
other meds?
even diet, rec drugs, booze etc could be a factor. (careful with rec drug talk please)
This x2

I believe 80mg per week is what he means

Yes. 80mg per week. I have a nurse do the injection intramuscular on my deltoid. I do them at 0900hrs Monday and Thursday. Never missed a shot, I am fairly active. No drugs or alcohol although I do vape

Levels pre test were 312 total testosterone 12.6 free. Levels after 3 months on test cyp were 302 total and 11.4 free.

Yes. 80mg per week. I have a nurse do the injection intramuscular on my deltoid. I do them at 0900hrs Monday and Thursday. Never missed a shot, I am fairly active. No drugs or alcohol although I do vape

Levels pre test were 312 total testosterone 12.6 free. Levels after 3 months on test cyp were 302 total and 11.4 free.
good stuff. This one is one of the most important - when was blood drawn compared to last shot? It's also missed a lot when people ask this type of question, I don't think most appreciate how fast levels change in 24hrs.

Are the numbers all your gauging or are you not noticing any physical changes either? I.e libido or energy levels etc...
I feel like total crap. Tired, no energy. Sex drive is still there and still getting morning wood no issues but ya

That's strange I'm not pro I have no clue but I'd say your doc should be first on your list to ask about it. 80mg a week seems low but not that low. I'm on 140mg a week so maybe your dose is a bit low

Well we will see what the next round of bloods say but according to this newest lab it’s almost half of what I started with. If it continues I’m just going to start dosing myself and be done with the clinic.

That's strange I'm not pro I have no clue but I'd say your doc should be first on your list to ask about it. 80mg a week seems low but not that low. I'm on 140mg a week so maybe your dose is a bit low
agree with this, but levels shouldn’t be dropping unless natural test has shutdown and androgynous test hasn’t kicked in 🤷‍♂️ But I really doubt this.

Well we will see what the next round of bloods say but according to this newest lab it’s almost half of what I started with. If it continues I’m just going to start dosing myself and be done with the clinic.
DO NOT DO THIS. Get your TRT sorted then add in TRT plus stuff after. So many guys myself included have incredibly difficult times getting TRT. You are so close just get dose and type of test sorted.

DO NOT DO THIS. Get your TRT sorted then add in TRT plus stuff after. So many guys myself included have incredibly difficult times getting TRT. You are so close just get dose and type of test sorted.
I’ll wait to see what the next labs show next week when I do them and then see what the dr recommends.